Missing Plugins

Whitespider

While the server is transferring we have to disable all 3rd Party plugins.

There were many of these and we will put back what we can as soon as possible. There’s a lot that are out of date, so not “safe” but we will see if we can find updates for those.

For example the FX info that was in the footer.

If there are any that are/were particularly important to you, let us know and we will try and sort those first.

All 3rd Party plug-ins are likely to remain disabled for around 48 hours.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Not sure if a plugin but the back to top arrow seems to be first casualty in any update.  ⬆️

Yes thats a plugin

Currently turned off. Thats a useful one we will deffo put back when we can.

To be clear there is no "update" involved here. We are moving server and have to turn off ALL 3rd Party Apps and Plugins.

8 hours ago, Whitespider said:

Yes thats a plugin

Currently turned off. Thats a useful one we will deffo put back when we can.

To be clear there is no "update" involved here. We are moving server and have to turn off ALL 3rd Party Apps and Plugins.

Thanks for your response. No offense meant and look forward to the return of 'arrow' 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bob lt said:

Thanks for your response. No offense meant and look forward to the return of 'arrow' 

No offense taken at all Bob. Your comment was exactly what I asked for. I just took an opportunity to clarify something 🙂 

The “back to top” button is a super little plugin, and I love it even more as it’s a very cheap one too 555

The forum has an unusually large number of plugins and we need to find out which ones people really value. Many need to be renewed and it’s a bit pointless paying to renew those people don’t really use.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Whitespider said:

No offense taken at all Bob. Your comment was exactly what I asked for. I just took an opportunity to clarify something 🙂 

The “back to top” button is a super little plugin, and I love it even more as it’s a very cheap one too 555

The forum has an unusually large number of plugins and we need to find out which ones people really value. Many need to be renewed and it’s a bit pointless paying to renew those people don’t really use.

Might be useful to see a screenshot of the list of plugins that have been turned off. The back to top arrow is definitely one that people notice quickly when it's deactivated, but there may be other plugins that are used infrequently and not quickly noticed when gone, but still ones that are worth keeping around.

35 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Might be useful to see a screenshot of the list of plugins that have been turned off. The back to top arrow is definitely one that people notice quickly when it's deactivated, but there may be other plugins that are used infrequently and not quickly noticed when gone, but still ones that are worth keeping around.

I can’t show that sorry. Basically everything is off as leaving things on while moving causes problems. We learnt this from PA before

11 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I don't know if it's a plug-in but updates to the post count appear to have gone missing. From your last 4 posts in this thread.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

As far as I am aware the post count is “in built” but it may cache which may resolve when the move completes. It’s surprising how many things “fix” on reindexation - which happens after the move finishes. Annoying things like images not showing, the Search function etc all just restart.

That said there are many plugins here that I’ve never even seen before, let alone used. Every forum/admins use different ones to suit them.

Will keep an eye on this and thanks for pointing it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Home button on the keyboard does the same thing, but having the mouse clickable button on the screen saves us lazy folk reaching for the keyboard.

Yep, great when using my laptop, not so great when using a tablet.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 6 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 11:20 AM, bob lt said:

Would appreciate the return of the back to top arrow.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, bob lt said:

MIA, send out a search party

Been AWOL for over 7months now. I hope someone can fix it

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just press command arrow up on a Mac or control arrow up on a Windows m/c from memory.

👍

On 1/11/2023 at 10:00 AM, bob lt said:

Yep, great when using my laptop, not so great when using a tablet.

Still a useful plugin

• Thumbs Up 2