Things you love today.

Krapow

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Home from fishing and feet up with a bottle of wine.

When you go fishing how long does it take to set up your campsite? Can you get your car close or do you need to carry everything in?

Edited by thegrogmonster

3 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

When you go fishing how long does it take to set up your campsite? Can you get your car close or do you need to carry everything in?

It depends which lake I am fishing, my main big lake has a 2 mile long track around it just outside the electric fence that protects it from otters. We are allowed to drive behind our swim to off load our gear over the fence, but we then have to take our vehicle to one of the designated car parks around the lake. I guess it takes around an hour to set up or break down camp.

On another lake I fish we have to park our car in a car park then carry our tackle around the lake. This is much harder and I use a barrow to move most of my heavier stuff, then make several trips to move the lighter gear to my swim. This takes a good couple of hours.

In both cases it may be several hours before I actually have rods out fishing, this very much depends upon whether the swim is well known to me or not. If not then I spend several hours learning the features of the lake before deciding where to set my traps.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It depends which lake I am fishing, my main big lake has a 2 mile long track around it just outside the electric fence that protects it from otters. We are allowed to drive behind our swim to off load our gear over the fence, but we then have to take our vehicle to one of the designated car parks around the lake. I guess it takes around an hour to set up or break down camp.

On another lake I fish we have to park our car in a car park then carry our tackle around the lake. This is much harder and I use a barrow to move most of my heavier stuff, then make several trips to move the lighter gear to my swim. This takes a good couple of hours.

In both cases it may be several hours before I actually have rods out fishing, this very much depends upon whether the swim is well known to me or not. If not then I spend several hours learning the features of the lake before deciding where to set my traps.

Thank you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Thank you.

You are welcome, not many people can relate to the type of fishing I do.

I fish for very big fish!

If some one shows interest then I am always willing to share a bit more info.

• Like 1

Just finished an hour of circuits in the park. Have to improvise with not having all the gym stuff, but with someone taking it who knows what they are doing and pushing you, it's good.

Hopefully at the gym this time next week. 

IMAG1891.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My brother sending me a pic of him and our Dad.

My Dad's in a nursing home after a bad stoke a few years ago. 

First time anyone from te family has been able to see him in 4 months apart from outside a window to his room.

One visit a week only, but it's a start.

f**k i hate this virus!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

For the past 10 years, I have kept $7,000 dollars in a kitty in case my central air conditioning unit goes up. After 26 years and last one to be replaced, during a massive heat wave atm, my unit decides to take a huge shit yesterday. I love that 7k right now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1