Things you love today.

Krapow

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Getting an email from Accor Novotel Cha Am extending my 20,000 Baht voucher for another 6 months.

It had been 18months from when the original stay had meant to be, June 2020. 

So i contacted them saying Thailand were only opening up, we hope to come Feb, can they still honour the voucher for then?

Prompt response, very nice family friendly hotel.

Good news , although I'm having issues with an Accor hotel in Brazil ... they cancelled my stay because the hotel was closing , still trying to get a refund 18 months later , even tried through credit card and Accor have objected...  won't be staying in any Accor branded hotel again 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Good news , although I'm having issues with an Accor hotel in Brazil ... they cancelled my stay because the hotel was closing , still trying to get a refund 18 months later , even tried through credit card and Accor have objected...  won't be staying in any Accor branded hotel again 

Have they issued you a credit or just trying to rip you off?

17 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Have they issued you a credit or just trying to rip you off?

Trying to rip me off .. because of Covid , Brazilian law gave hotels and airlines 12 month to make refunds , but I have been chasing since then .. they say they are looking into it .. cnuts

Just now, Stillearly said:

Trying to rip me off .. because of Covid , Brazilian law gave hotels and airlines 12 month to make refunds , but I have been chasing since then .. they say they are looking into it .. cnuts

Surprised the credit card doesn't refund you, have to claimed on your holiday insurance?

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Surprised the credit card doesn't refund you, have to claimed on your holiday insurance?

Credit card did , then Accor objected , so it was taken back for now ...

I'm no longer with the insurance company I had back then .. think that would be complicated 555

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 6:23 PM, Stillearly said:

First new spuds of the season , dug this morning ❤️

1464A47C-1FFE-4B6F-AEBD-3D3CCE225B56.jpeg

I love this picture. So many memories!

- During school holidays I'd go spud picking. I think it was 25p an hour (Before @Butch says - no it wasn't 5 shillings). Some farms were per sack and one day I'd notice some lads "accidently " knock my sacks over then replace my name card with theirs. So I started to give the tractor driver a few handfulls of cards and cry...I was always paid the most when they shouted out the pay packets! I can also remember giving myself the afternoon off to see the newly released Love Bug (1968?) !!

- When my daughter's Mother came to England with me 20 or so years ago, she spotted my Mum digging up some spuds for dinner. Next morning she came in looking dirty and tired. We looked out the window to see that she had dug up the whole fucking garden of spuds ........ and put them on the lawn!!!! (I'll remind her when she visits over the weekend!)

So many happy memories of spuds!!!

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just booked both taxis, to and from Heathrow, £200 ffs, for both like ...

Used to do the tube, but with 3 people, 3 large bags, one 6 year old, i can't be bothered with the hassle. 

Happy as, loose another kilo or so at the gym before i go, to justify to myself my 5 plates of dim sum etc at Pullman breakfast and putting on about 10 :default_biggrin:

53 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Used to do the tube, but with 3 people, 3 large bags, one 6 year old, i can't be bothered with the hassle. 

Happy as, loose another kilo or so at the gym before i go, to justify to myself my 5 plates of dim sum etc at Pullman breakfast and putting on about 10 :default_biggrin:

Count yourself lucky mate, I’ve booked the wife and son’s taxi’s this week for August flights to Thailand, £300 and of course there’s alway a tip on top of that price. 
I used to drive them, but the old bones don’t like driving for almost 6 hours and the parking costs at Heathrow are just stupid. 

Enjoy your trip. 🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:59 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I love this picture. So many memories!

- During school holidays I'd go spud picking. I think it was 25p an hour (Before @Butch says - no it wasn't 5 shillings). Some farms were per sack and one day I'd notice some lads "accidently " knock my sacks over then replace my name card with theirs. So I started to give the tractor driver a few handfulls of cards and cry...I was always paid the most when they shouted out the pay packets! I can also remember giving myself the afternoon off to see the newly released Love Bug (1968?) !!

- When my daughter's Mother came to England with me 20 or so years ago, she spotted my Mum digging up some spuds for dinner. Next morning she came in looking dirty and tired. We looked out the window to see that she had dug up the whole fucking garden of spuds ........ and put them on the lawn!!!! (I'll remind her when she visits over the weekend!)

So many happy memories of spuds!!!

As kids of around 12 years of age we worked some week evenings and weekends peeling and chipping spuds for hotels and other venues.

Whack the spuds in the peeler, let them rattle around for a few minutes, tip them out and then pick the eyes and brown bits off, whack them through the chipping machine. 28 lbs in each white bucket and we got next to nothing in pay, sometimes paid with packs of cigarettes, but something was better than nothing back in 1964. We did around 15-20 buckets each time.
When we did spuds for boiling or roasties, we just left them in the peeler until there was no blemishes on them and they came out like round marbles, big and small. There was some white powder added to the water to keep them white for days. 

To this day, I hate the sight of spuds in their natural form, but love chips. 🤣

Edited by KhunDon
  • Great Info 1

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

Have you got no one who can drop you off or are you Derek 'no mates' lol

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

I am lucky that I can drive to my brother's house in Hounslow and park up for free. Brother will drive me to the airport and I pay the £5 drop off charge before we start off. My cost though is about £60 in petrol to get from Wales to Hounslow return.

Will be doing that trip in July when we go to Greece; it's out of Gatwick but my brother is happy to do it for free, again I will just pay any drop off charges. My brother is minted lol