Things you love today.

Krapow

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Have you got no one who can drop you off or are you Derek 'no mates' lol

I just feel it's a lot to ask someone, especially at that time. I'd rather just sort it myself.

Had we family here, i suppose it would maybe be different. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I just feel it's a lot to ask someone, especially at that time. I'd rather just sort it myself.

Had we family here, i suppose it would maybe be different. 

Get @galenkia to give you three a backy on his bike , I'm sure I've seen similar on Soi baukhao .. including the luggage .. 😉 555

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Electric hair clippers. Saves a fortune on barbers. I just need to wife to use them properly and give me a decent number 1.

That and my nose hair clippers. No doubt those that I have a conversations with appreciate not having the distraction of long hairs growing out of my nose.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2023 at 8:16 PM, galenkia said:

The weather.

sunny and warm though slightly breezy.

Been out walking for exercise, should top yesterday’s 14,500 steps. Having a break at the park before heading out again.

Got a metal mixture on Spotify playing.

2B8788B2-FBBD-4BF5-BD97-55FC4CFFCDE8.jpeg

13 hours ago, Yessongs said:

You know, as I thought about getting in the "older guy" category, one might think that you kind of just not have as much fun anymore? I am happy to report that I seem to be the opposite. Just love doing things with wifey as a general rule. Having good health certainly helps I think, something I DO NOT take for granted. It's not easy these days, but well worth the effort. 

IMG_5871.jpg

You are surely an inspirational fellow in my book Mike. Keep up the positive vibe. It is appreciated, for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Top notch mate. Hoping to get a couple about that size some day.

Thanks. Not hard to find dogs around here. All three of my dogs were living it ruff on the soi in front of my house until I offered them shelter and meals in exchange for the happiness they bring to my lady and me.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just been watching a DVD that my parents gave me for my 40th B'day ... they got someone to transfer all my Dads old cine films , so it was from just before my birth in 1968 to the big snowstorm in 1978 🎥 I've only watched it a couple of times back when they first gave it to me ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

I have to wait some time before I am allowed to take a long haul flight of over 4 hours duration. Aiming for Spring next year for a month in Thailand. I have friends, a loved one and 4 dogs I am missing.

Nothing to stop me jumping on a short haul flight to Spain and completing the trip I cut short 18 months ago when I went down with covid after 4 days. I was limping then but blissfully ignorant of the pain to come.

Booked it today. 🤣

Supposed to be still warm and sunny in October where I am going.

Four weeks of exercises to build up my general fitness before going. I am walking fine and off ALL medications other than completing blood thinners.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I have to wait some time before I am allowed to take a long haul flight of over 4 hours duration. Aiming for Spring next year for a month in Thailand. I have friends, a loved one and 4 dogs I am missing.

Nothing to stop me jumping on a short haul flight to Spain and completing the trip I cut short 18 months ago when I went down with covid after 4 days. I was limping then but blissfully ignorant of the pain to come.

Booked it today. 🤣

Supposed to be still warm and sunny in October where I am going.

Four weeks of exercises to build up my general fitness before going. I am walking fine and off ALL medications other than completing blood thinners.

Nice treat for a man who certainly deserves it. Be careful with potential blood clots. My brother in law had one a few years back, dropped dead as a door nail. They can be absolute killers.

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Nice treat for a man who certainly deserves it. Be careful with potential blood clots. My brother in law had one a few years back, dropped dead as a door nail. They can be absolute killers.

Yes, I know that is a risk.

I finish my course of blood thinners the day before I fly and I have paid for extra leg room seats in the first row on the flights. Every hour I will stand for 10 minutes and walk around if that is possible.

f**k it!

I feel like I have wasted the last 18 months and I intend to make the most of the time I have left.

The up side is that being stuck in at home it has been difficult to spend much money so my holiday fund is looking very healthy. Every month I buy some more premium bonds. I am even showing a modest profit in my Sky Bet account over the last 12 months. Too much time on my hands.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Yes, I know that is a risk.

I finish my course of blood thinners the day before I fly and I have paid for extra leg room seats in the first row on the flights. Every hour I will stand for 10 minutes and walk around if that is possible.

f**k it!

I feel like I have wasted the last 18 months and I intend to make the most of the time I have left.

The up side is that being stuck in at home it has been difficult to spend much money so my holiday fund is looking very healthy. Every month I buy some more premium bonds. I am even showing a modest profit in my Sky Bet account over the last 12 months. Too much time on my hands.

Do it Jambo!

4 hours is not too long, especially as you'll be up and about on the flight.

You'll know better than most that you just don't know what's round the corner, so enjoy like while you can.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1