Things you love today.

Krapow

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Morning cup(s) of tea. Love it every morning.

Morning cup(s) of coffee. Love it every morning.

Now that I have cut down on going to the pub after work each day I am now having a cup of tea when I get home sitting out the backyard looking at the garden.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Today I love my bed, man flu.

Went to work this morning and then joined friends for a lunchtime Chinese buffet meal. All quite pleasant but my heart wasn't in it so tucked up in bed.

If you’re looking for sympathy, you’ve come to the wrong place. 

Man flu. 🤣

a pain free day/night,remembering past glory/bullshit times,

not needing my family to fuss over me

not having my sister telling me off,over some bullshit I've done or supposed to have done.

not getting pissed off because I can't fly.

one day I will just get up and piss off,

and no I not looking for sympathy.

can not drink and smoke as much as I did over 50yrs plus over 350 games of grade rugby league and expect to have a pain free old life.

SHIT! I would not change anything of my past,maybe not pissed off some of the women or bouncers[bastards] that I have met in my younger days

would like to spend a few more nights on the drink with a certain mad hammers supporter,also the best camera man from Hungary down Koh Chang

oh! I do rave on

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

weow that is impressive. Well done sir.

had my first game of grade[3rds] in 1959 and my last game in 1980,only stopped because it was getting harder to get out bed on Thursday morning after the previous sunday game,i loved the physical side of rugby league,shit I still miss the compainship of team sport,and the drinks after the game and the race to gather up any groupies .that was only after the missus took a powder:default_acute:

"oh! those where the days my friend"

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, grayray said:

had my first game of grade[3rds] in 1959 and my last game in 1980,only stopped because it was getting harder to get out bed on Thursday morning after the previous sunday game,i loved the physical side of rugby league,shit I still miss the compainship of team sport,and the drinks after the game and the race to gather up any groupies .that was only after the missus took a powder:default_acute:

"oh! those where the days my friend"

regards

grayray

bit of a correction,it was 1960 not 1959 2 mths before my 16th birthday,that is something I have not forgot,the game,i got hit with a coathanger, and said ,"sir you see that" refs answer was something long the lines of " son your playing with men now.get up and play the ball,or f**k off to the showers" bastard upset me dear old mum.

regards

grayray

20 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Not having to be any place at any given time. Retirement is great sleep when your tired eat when your hungry . Yep thats what i love

Ditto....    If you can't sleep, no big deal. Take a nap later. Eat whenever you want.

Never have to think about the commute to work, especially when the weather is shit.

Well its not my fooking bike!!.

Stopped for some petrol on the way home tonight then it would not start.Been playing up a bit lately trying to start it when the engines warm.Starts fine from cold.Drained the battery so took it off and got it on charge now.Will go back in the morning and try again.Its a 24/7 station so should be fine to leave it there.Hopefully will start then,but i have breakdown cover.Its annoying as its less than a mile to my house,but its too heavy to push on my own and it is mainly uphill.

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

waking before dawn and seeing the sun come up.  in thailand that is best part of the day.  sunrise is faster here than in europe, and if you can catch it over a lakeside its even better.

I do that every morning. In fact my body clock wakes me around 5:00 am without fail. I have always been an early riser.

I make a mug of coffee, go back to bed and read my kindle until 6:15 when I let the dogs out after checking which plants they have dug up over night. Most mornings, like today, I then cycle through Bangsaray, along beach road admiring the sea view whilst the sun starts to climb up into the sky.

It is great to be alive any morning but this time of year is particularly wonderful first thing in the morning.

• Like 1

by 11 the heat is on, and its not for me.. jump into hot truck, wait for the ac to do its job.  right now sitting working from home today, doors open into the garden and a fuckin minor bird that wont shut up.  Lizzards are out too and bastard the cat has caught another bird.  somehow this is tranquility :)