Things you love today.

Krapow

31 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Good to hear.

Yea, I had a look at different flights, but none of the times were great. We leave at 4pm UK time, fly back 8.30pm Turkish time. 

The Turkish economy and Lira is in free fall again, so they're probably more grateful of tourists coming spending. 

We've booked private transfers both ways from Dalaman.

Looking forward to it!

A lot of the prices in many shops are in £££’s so you can pay with either currency, same for trips. Next time I’ll just take a few hundred quid and change it as I need to use Lira.

We had the private transfer as well, it was worth it on the way to the hotel for speed but it was a waste of time on the way back. There was a convoy of about 5 or 6 minibuses each with 2 people in lol, we could have just got in 2 of them between all of us. Such a waste of gas and it wasn’t really necessary on the return trip.

I had the full Turkish shave experience which was a laugh, haircut, shave with cutthroat razor, fire around the ear area and a stick with wax on it shoved up each nose nostril to remove nose hair 🤣😱 Thought the last one might hurt but it didn’t really.

The best thing about the food was our hotel fired up a barbecue each day and had 3 or 4 different meats/fish on the go, without that the food would have got boring faster. They also had a show every evening in our hotel, thought they were gonna be crap but some of them were quite decent including a Brazilian samba group, a Colombian Salsa group and an Acrobat group from Russia. Btw, there are loads of Russians there much like Patts, plenty of Brits too and a smattering of other euros, lots of Shirley Valentine types also with many of the locals wanting to tell me about their ‘British Girlfirends’.

The locals love kids and they go out of their way to play with them, so your little one will enjoy the attention....

1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

A lot of the prices in many shops are in £££’s so you can pay with either currency, same for trips. Next time I’ll just take a few hundred quid and change it as I need to use Lira.

We had the private transfer as well, it was worth it on the way to the hotel for speed but it was a waste of time on the way back. There was a convoy of about 5 or 6 minibuses each with 2 people in lol, we could have just got in 2 of them between all of us. Such a waste of gas and it wasn’t really necessary on the return trip.

I had the full Turkish shave experience which was a laugh, haircut, shave with cutthroat razor, fire around the ear area and a stick with wax on it shoved up each nose nostril to remove nose hair 🤣😱 Thought the last one might hurt but it didn’t really.

The best thing about the food was our hotel fired up a barbecue each day and had 3 or 4 different meats/fish on the go, without that the food would have got boring faster. They also had a show every evening in our hotel, thought they were gonna be crap but some of them were quite decent including a Brazilian samba group, a Colombian Salsa group and an Acrobat group from Russia. Btw, there are loads of Russians there much like Patts, plenty of Brits too and a smattering of other euros, lots of Shirley Valentine types also with many of the locals wanting to tell me about their ‘British Girlfirends’.

The locals love kids and they go out of their way to play with them, so your little one will enjoy the attention....

Yea, I changed up a few £100 at 7 Lira thinking I was doing well, now it's near 8 lol.

Have joined a couple of Icmeler Facebook groups, have seen they like foreign currency, but will use the changed Lira first. Getting good info that way. Might just do the shave and facial hair stuff as well. 

Maybe do a few day trips, I love historical sights, there's Roman and others around there, though won't travel too far, due to the child. Will do a day's scuba diving anyway.

I love Turkish food, as does my missus, so looking forward to it. From Turkish breakfasts onwards. We eat it here, big Turkish/Kurdish community round here. And being a  Muslim country, i'm assuming no pork sausages and bacon, which i'm also alright about lol.

Did you carry your passport and Visa around with you? Read it's the Law, noy likely to get stopped, but does happen, they will arrest you if you don't have them.

19 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, I changed up a few £100 at 7 Lira thinking I was doing well, now it's near 8 lol.

Have joined a couple of Icmeler Facebook groups, have seen they like foreign currency, but will use the changed Lira first. Getting good info that way. Might just do the shave and facial hair stuff as well. 

Maybe do a few day trips, I love historical sights, there's Roman and others around there, though won't travel too far, due to the child. Will do a day's scuba diving anyway.

I love Turkish food, as does my missus, so looking forward to it. From Turkish breakfasts onwards. We eat it here, big Turkish/Kurdish community round here. And being a  Muslim country, i'm assuming no pork sausages and bacon, which i'm also alright about lol.

Did you carry your passport and Visa around with you? Read it's the Law, noy likely to get stopped, but does happen, they will arrest you if you don't have them.

No didn’t carry passports, don’t think I even saw a policeman tbh.....

Most of the historical sights aren’t that close probably 3 hour round trip at least, I couldn’t be arsed as I was only there for a week and travel too much with work so it was the last thing I wanted to do. Will do them if I come back as i’ll Probably head more Fethiye/Olu Deniz if I do and there are a few that direction.

The boat on the pic we rented privately for 25 quid for 2 hours and we did our own little bespoke tour, so that’s an option if you can’t be arsed being with a big group.

If you want to go to a big city market, then Muğla city is less than an hour away and has one on a Thurs I think, was gonna go but sacked it off because I was hungover. The one next door in Marmaris isn’t that big, that said Marmaris itself is ok for an afternoon stroll around, can get taxi there in 15 mins or taxi boat across the bay..

4 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

No didn’t carry passports, don’t think I even saw a policeman tbh.....

Most of the historical sights aren’t that close probably 3 hour round trip at least, I couldn’t be arsed as I was only there for a week and travel too much with work so it was the last thing I wanted to do. Will do them if I come back as i’ll Probably head more Fethiye/Olu Deniz if I do and there are a few that direction.

The boat on the pic we rented privately for 25 quid for 2 hours and we did our own little bespoke tour, so that’s an option if you can’t be arsed being with a big group.

If you want to go to a big city market, then Muğla city is less than an hour away and has one on a Thurs I think, was gonna go but sacked it off because I was hungover. The one next door in Marmaris isn’t that big, that said Marmaris itself is ok for an afternoon stroll around, can get taxi there in 15 mins or taxi boat across the bay..

I just watched a programme on BBC2 on Turkey, the Aegean turquoise coast, looks lovely.

Gonna go to Marmaris as well, just read Icmeler was more quiet, not as busy or full of pissed up cunts, so staying there, but want to visit Marmaris, do the Grand Bazaar etc. Know it's quite close, either taxi, dolmus, water taxi, all cheap anyway.

I love a good market, me! Was looking at Mugla, can do a day trip there. 

12 hours ago, Krapow said:

I just watched a programme on BBC2 on Turkey, the Aegean turquoise coast, looks lovely.

Gonna go to Marmaris as well, just read Icmeler was more quiet, not as busy or full of pissed up cunts, so staying there, but want to visit Marmaris, do the Grand Bazaar etc. Know it's quite close, either taxi, dolmus, water taxi, all cheap anyway.

I love a good market, me! Was looking at Mugla, can do a day trip there. 

When my oldest daughter got married they went on their honeymoon to Marmaris.

At the wedding reception I gave a speech and made a humerous reference to the fact that if their bed in their Hotel room "moved" for them it was because it probably had!  That was an indirect reference to the fact that there had been quite a significant earthquake in the Marmaris area.

A few days into their honeymoon there was another one and they and many of the Hotel's other customers spent 3 nights sleeping by the pool on sunbeds. :default_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

At the wedding reception I gave a speech and made a humerous reference to the fact that if their bed in their Hotel room "moved" for them it was because it probably had!  That was an indirect reference to the fact that there had been quite a significant earthquake in the Marmaris area.

A few days into their honeymoon there was another one and they and many of the Hotel's other customers spent 3 nights sleeping by the pool on sunbeds. :default_biggrin:

Ya scud! :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Seems your speech was more moving than you anticipated. 🤣

Things I love today,

1.that Namps the pom who is banging the "lady in grey" :default_crybaby:[the bastard] is me mate :default_bow:

even if he uses a mates flatcap to wipe up a beer he knocks over as soon as he walked up to join,Alfazulu,myself and the mad Irishman. in Secrets back in 2016,

S you ok mate--------------------------------for a pom.

regards

grayray

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

I love not understanding a word grayray says.

Its probably for the best.

It's good he appears to have adopted nampla69 as his buddy.  They can witter away to each other in their own little language without anyone elses' involvement.

6 minutes ago, KWA said:

It's good he appears to have adopted nampla69 as his buddy.  They can witter away to each other in their own little language without anyone elses' involvement.

Perfect.Sounds good to me.

Do you think the first 68 of nampla are just as clueless?

On 5/12/2019 at 11:16 PM, Stillearly said:

That's no good I like to eat the flesh after finishing the liquid  , needs a machete attachment to lop the top off 🙂 

Ditto from me. Best part is the white stuff me thinks.

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

Male Mallards getting together to discuss their spring shagging. 20190516_110607.jpg

4 of them damm I only have my double barrel shotgun with me today 5555.

JDM