Things you love today.

Krapow

19 hours ago, thumper63 said:

In years gone by I have always stayed a week in the Queen Vic. I'd start off with one week at Shhhhh. Then the QV. Then Billabong ( before it got so damn noisy)Then a week on Soi8. I liked staying in different locations as they are all have different atmospheres.

Thumpstick ! Haven't seen you posting in years mate. Welcome back !

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, boydeste said:

The 6 was heaving with hot girl a few weeks ago, hopefully it is still the same for you.

Indeed it was MrB. I was very impressed with it last night. I spent 3 hours in several bars watching the greatest show on earth. Was in the Hollywood bar on the 2nd road end when the place exploded with excitement... several guys were on the roof throwing over 20baht notes. Was surprised at how long it went on. There were what seemed to be thousands of notes. The girls went crazy and the bars emptied out. Reminded me a little of Mardi Gras in New Orleans 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Thumpstick ! Haven't seen you posting in years mate. Welcome back !

Hahaha....Thank you Mr Eye. It is really nice being back in town. Dont know what happened to make me lose interest but i did. Covid sure made a mess of things for a whole lot of people. Have you been paroled yet and if so where are you hiding out? 

22 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Hahaha....Thank you Mr Eye. It is really nice being back in town. Dont know what happened to make me lose interest but i did. Covid sure made a mess of things for a whole lot of people. Have you been paroled yet and if so where are you hiding out? 

I live in Chiang Mai. But I am on the run from the smoke. In Patts now until the end of the month. Then to BKK for a few nights, and then down to Hua Hin until the rains come back and douse the fires.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 10:06 AM, thumper63 said:

Just before covid hit. I had my flights made and was in the process of booking hotels when it started getting scary and I decided to wait an see. Was that 2020 or 2021? I can't really remember.

March 2020.  I was due to be here for 2 months and ended up staying 18 months.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Being in a bar and a smoking hot girl telling me the bar fine is only 300b and she will stay the night for 1400b.

Takes me back 10 years.

Must be quiet for customers in town right now!

.....  or she has just had her STI test results!

😆

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The fact spring finally arrived yesterday and it’s nice and warm. Gonna be bike shopping next week.

At times i miss seasons. Here it's either hot or rainy and even those are mixed up nowadays. Enjoy your spring

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My first Song Kran in the village was 16 years ago. The kids in the family gave me a good soaking as you would expect.

Now I am being targeted by their bloody kids 😎😃

It’s all shits and giggles till someone actually does giggle and shits 👀

• Haha 5

On 4/13/2024 at 8:54 PM, galenkia said:

The fact spring finally arrived yesterday and it’s nice and warm. Gonna be bike shopping next week.

i am happy for you on getting the bike (although at the same time I don't approve). But I know you are an experienced rider and that you love riding. Not some clown renting a bike on a holiday or some kid on a sport bike trying to show off.

Keep us updated. I actually appreciate well made motorcycles and some designs. I ride a bike also, but it goes much slower.   lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

i am happy for you on getting the bike (although at the same time I don't approve). But I know you are an experienced rider and that you love riding. Not some clown renting a bike on a holiday or some kid on a sport bike trying to show off.

Keep us updated. I actually appreciate well made motorcycles and some designs. I ride a bike also, but it goes much slower.   lol

Learnt to ride at 10 years old, so 45 years ago. Not always had bikes, probably around 25 to 30 years riding.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Learnt to ride at 10 years old, so 45 years ago. Not always had bikes, probably around 25 to 30 years riding.

That's a solid mate. 

I rode some dirt bikes but not much when I was a kid. When I was 19 bought a used Honda 125 cc. One day braked on some gravel and went down. Didn't get injured but that was the last time I personally rode one.

I just ain't cut out for it. But a bicycle... I can handle one of those like a dog handles a bone. But accidents can still happen, had one not very long ago. When a motorcycle passes by me fast I can't help but think about how far the rider would fly upon impact.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My next door neighbor just moved out. She was nice, no issues.

My other two neighbors are off on long holidays.

The quiet in the hood is wonderful. The only thing making noise are the birds.

Can't get much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, Glasseye said:

That's a solid mate. 

I rode some dirt bikes but not much when I was a kid. When I was 19 bought a used Honda 125 cc. One day braked on some gravel and went down. Didn't get injured but that was the last time I personally rode one.

I just ain't cut out for it. But a bicycle... I can handle one of those like a dog handles a bone. But accidents can still happen, had one not very long ago. When a motorcycle passes by me fast I can't help but think about how far the rider would fly upon impact.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...lol...I took plenty of lumps when I was learning to ride motorcycles but I ended up being pretty good at it and had some world class dirt bikes later - I miss those days, sold my last dirt bike two years ago because I just don't have the reflexes anymore or the commitment to practise all the time - plus I know if/when I bite the dirt it's gonna hurt too much at this age. 

• Thumbs Up 1