Things you love today.

Krapow

28 minutes ago, JPK said:

Nice one, I do nightshift at work. 3 weeks at a time then 3 weeks off at home, it's a nightmare. It takes me about a week to get myself back to normal.Its definitely not good for you.

You mean a roster of 3 weeks non stop on night shift, than 3 weeks off ? How is that working salary wise ? The 3 weeks off ?

F.Y.I, in construction overseas I worked usually be 2 weeks nighshift 12 h, x 6 days, only the Sunday off.  Then 2 weeks dayshift 12h x 6 days. This for 4 months. Than we had 2 or 3 weeks off.

TBM tunnelling is even worse, as the TBM never stops. 

Sur wouldn't so it at 60 !

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JPK said:

3 weeks at a time then 3 weeks off at home, it's a nightmare.

That sounds good, the 3 weeks off i mean, ya can really do something good with that amount of time, i know i would. I only ever worked nights when i was young and saving up to get married, did 18 months of it and saved enough dosh to have the full monte church wedding. 

2 hours ago, JPK said:

Nice one, I do nightshift at work. 3 weeks at a time then 3 weeks off at home, it's a nightmare. It takes me about a week to get myself back to normal.Its definitely not good for you.

I do 2pm to 10.30pm.

It was okay when i was drinking as i could get blitzed all weekend and not have to get up monday morning.But now i just want to get my evenings back,especially during the summer.Its gutting when everyone goes home and you have all evening sweating your nuts off working while they can chill in the sun.

Did a year of nights once.Hated it and nearly crashed the car a few times by nearly falling asleep driving home at 6.00am.

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, galenkia said:

I do 2pm to 10.30pm.

It was okay when i was drinking as i could get blitzed all weekend and not have to get up monday morning.But now i just want to get my evenings back,especially during the summer.Its gutting when everyone goes home and you have all evening sweating your nuts off working while they can chill in the sun.

Did a year of nights once.Hated it and nearly crashed the car a few times by nearly falling asleep driving home at 6.00am.

I used to love that shift. Hated midnights. God damn freak show.

As Tom T. Hall once sang........

I love little baby ducks, old pickup trucks

Slow-movin' trains and rain

I love little country streams, sleep without dreams

Sunday school in May and hay

And I love you, too!

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends

Birds of the world and squirrels

I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups

Bourbon in a glass and grass

And I love you, too!

I love honest, open smiles, kisses from a child

Tomatoes on the vine and onions

I love winners when they cry, losers when they cry

Music when it's good and life

And I love you, too!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

A lot of time to fill, hope you've thought about that, and all's well with you in that regard?

I'm up at 7.00am most days so sitting around for hours before i started work,so sort of had my evenings before work.At least i ain't gonna sitting there clock watching waiting to go to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2019 at 4:03 PM, galenkia said:

McDonalds double sausage and egg muffin breakfast meal.😀

On 9/30/2019 at 7:42 AM, Glasseye said:

I could easily eat one of those every day for the rest of my life and not get tired of them.

Where is that thread about healthy food ?  🤔🤔

People eating this kind of stuff daily and wonder about health / weight problems....🙄🙄🙄

And I guess they have a Coke with it ? Diet coke of course....

49 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

People eating this kind of stuff daily and wonder about health / weight problems....🙄🙄🙄

Typically they come with a coffee and hash brown.

Please dont concern yourself with my health or weight, Thankyou.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I rarely eat them. But they are damn good.

You really can be a cynical dude sometimes. Enjoy your retirement FFS.

BTW.… eating a lot of French bread can be bad for your health. White ain't right.          Jesus H. Christ       😣

Drinking again I suspect. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1