Things you love today.

Krapow

• 3 months later...

Getting an email from my gym saying they are going to open early July, with some required restrictions re hygiene, distancing etc. 

Happy days, another step in the right direction to some semblance of 'normality', or new normal, as it's being called. 

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Bastards.

Tax is theft.

Especially taxes on pensions and Social Security after you have been taxed on your contributions for Fing years. The IRS here is a criminal operation. I get penalized for being single and pay more than a married man. Ludicrous!

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Especially taxes on pensions and Social Security after you have been taxed on your contributions for Fing years. The IRS here is a criminal operation. I get penalized for being single and pay more than a married man. Ludicrous!

Nobody spends another man's money as wisely as they spend their own. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

You get a tax break in the UK as well if you're married. 

31 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

There is a way to get away without paying US taxes for many years --- not many people have heard about it ... it was designed to at least collect some revenue from people that have lived overseas for may years ....

Streamlined Foreign Offshore Procedures: The IRS Streamlined Foreign Offshore Procedures (SFOP) are a program designed to bring certain individuals with undisclosed foreign income, investments, assets or accounts into IRS Offshore Compliance without issuing any penalties against the taxpayer.

You need to file your tax returns for 3 prior years to the current year.

Yes, the IRS is criminal ... one needs to learn to play by the same rules ...

Sounds like you don't "LOVE" the taxman .. lol .. neither do I ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Minor detail, but the pension schemes I've contributed to used pre-tax dollars, so no double taxation when you withdraw.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love all the travel I left on the 27th of June spent the first three nights in Bangkok then three nights in kanchanaburi the next two nights in a ayutthaya then three nights in ubon ratchathani and I am currently on my third night in khon kaen. It's been great add a chance to see the whole Countryside still got new Udon Thani and Nong khai to visit. Then the last three nights in Bangkok and home little over 3 weeks. In a couple of weeks I'm leaving to do the south of Thailand Samui has been dead but it's starting to open up again and there are great values Hotel wise to be had. And all of this because I don't have to be anywhere at any given time.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Did my tax return yesterday and after already paying over $30,000 tax for the year I still owe the bastards another $157.

If you've already done 30,000 what's  another 157.   LOL