Things you love today.

Krapow

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

That they have finally cut the pay of those pack of useless coonts they laughably call Politicans in Northern Ireland.

What say you @dcfc2007

They have only cut their pay and not stopped it though. I guess the argument is that they are still doing constituency work. But if there is no assembly then what constituency work are they doing? Surely no more or less than what councillors are capable of doing though. The most important news is that legislation is being prepared to bring in devolution. Vitally important, particularly for low paid public sector scum like me, we need direction and funds. It's also quite sad that the great work of selfless politicians like Hume, mallon, Trimble and ervine is being undone. I can see northern ireland sliding into the abyss.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

They have only cut their pay and not stopped it though. I guess the argument is that they are still doing constituency work. But if there is no assembly then what constituency work are they doing? Surely no more or less than what councillors are capable of doing though. The most important news is that legislation is being prepared to bring in devolution. Vitally important, particularly for low paid public sector scum like me, we need direction and funds. It's also quite sad that the great work of selfless politicians like Hume, mallon, Trimble and ervine is being undone. I can see northern ireland sliding into the abyss.

It's a start mate, should have happened ages ago. 

Yes, they are basically saying OK you don't want to go back, we'll crack on and make plans that don't need you to run the country. 

See what happens now, I'll bet they are back within the next 6 months. 

And yes, the names you mention, today's mob couldn't lace their boots. 

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

It's a start mate, should have happened ages ago. 

Yes, they are basically saying OK you don't want to go back, we'll crack on and make plans that don't need you to run the country. 

See what happens now, I'll bet they are back within the next 6 months. 

And yes, the names you mention, today's mob couldn't lace their boots. 

One has to question the timing of this announcement. Jonathan Bell giving his first day of evidence at the RHI inquiry, did the Tories move today to spare the blushes of their bedfellows? 

It will be a phased return to direct rule, and not a quick one either. The Tories don't want to upset the Irish government mid-brexit negotiations. Neither do they want to provoke an already 'wary' nationalist community.

These are really uneasy times ahead for northern ireland. Sectarianism is on the rise and politically the 'two communities' are poles apart. It's looking increasingly like a hard brexit as well. We need political maturity more than ever.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:16 PM, Krapow said:

Thought you were going to the Emerald Isle, mate?

Most probably Derek. We never bought the takeaway although the owner keeps reducing His offer. It's very tempting but naw, I got the house to finish I need the time.

Having a wee peek at Spanish property, I miss the sunshine but I think I prefer Guinness.:D

6 minutes ago, farangme said:

Most probably Derek. We never bought the takeaway although the owner keeps reducing His offer. It's very tempting but naw, I got the house to finish I need the time.

Having a wee peek at Spanish property, I miss the sunshine but I think I prefer Guinness.:D

Canary Islands mate, all year round customers, Irish bars for Guinness and and better strip Clubs :D

2 minutes ago, farangme said:

Interesting indeed. I'll need to research Spain in depth a bit.  

Told ya, there's one decent Thai restaurant in Tenerife, only decent mind, not even great, and you have prebook or you won't get a table, it's rammed, and not cheap either.

Couple of smaller supposed Thai places as well, but they're Chinese, my missus wouldn't entertain them. 

Just now, Krapow said:

Told ya, there's one decent Thai restaurant in Tenerife, only decent mind, not even great, and you have prebook or you won't get a table, it's rammed, and not cheap either.

Couple of smaller supposed Thai places as well, but they're Chinese, my missus wouldn't entertain them. 

My Mrs cooks Chinese for a living Derek, She can cook Thai but the Western type is different, to suit our pallets. But yeah, I'm selling up here so anything possible. Don't know the score after Brexit but if we needed to buy work permits etc I'd do that.

4 minutes ago, farangme said:

My Mrs cooks Chinese for a living Derek, She can cook Thai but the Western type is different, to suit our pallets. But yeah, I'm selling up here so anything possible. Don't know the score after Brexit but if we needed to buy work permits etc I'd do that.

Understand.

There's loads of Chinese places.

But the smaller Thai places are not Thai, they are Chinese cooks trying to cook Thai and not getting it anywhere near right. My missus won't entertain them.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:01 PM, farangme said:

Actually at a reduced price. From a takeaway we are considering buying. But not sure as I don't like living up here. Cold, miserable and minimum drink prices.

Yes, but you will get to batter and deep fry your own Mars Bars and Pizza’s. 

👍

14 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Yes, but you will get to batter and deep fry your own Mars Bars and Pizza’s. 

👍

Not in a Chinese takeaway, no. But the restaurant where my Wife cooks, serves dishes chocolate chicken and black pudding tempura. As well as the full Chinese menu. Chocolate chicken is delicious. Just a tiny bit of chocolate in it.  

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, farangme said:

Not in a Chinese takeaway, no. But the restaurant where my Wife cooks, serves dishes chocolate chicken and black pudding tempura. As well as the full Chinese menu. Chocolate chicken is delicious. Just a tiny bit of chocolate in it.  

I had duck in chocolate sauce once, in deepest Portugal years ago.

Thick, dark, almost bitter sauce and beautiful pink duck. 

Bloody gorgeous. 🤗