The truth about running a business here right now

tommy dee

Embarrassed to admit but never been in there.

Will definitely try it out, if we are ever allowed back without the 14 day sentence. Happy to pay for quality, wouldn't touch any of the cheap charlie outlets on Buakhao.

Great interview, bit chilling when she said that she doesn't see any future.🙁  

Edited by Lemondropkid

3 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Embarrassed to admit but never been in there.

Will definitely try it out, if we are ever allowed back without the 14 day sentence. Happy to pay for quality, wouldn't touch any of the cheap charlie outlets on Buakhao.

Great interview, bit chilling when she said that she doesn't see any future.🙁  

Same here, but I'll try to fix that next visit to Patts.  I usually stay at Sutus court.  From google maps looks to be a bit past soi 15 on the East side of Buakow?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I've never been , was surprised to see a western woman being interviewed as a business owner , good stuff 👍

Tommy also interviewed Selina from Apple Honey Cider who is also another long term Pattaya based businesswoman 

btw - Nicky’s is one of my places to head when in town. Quality and consistent Tucker 

What a delightful woman, and a very warm and friendly disposition during such hard times. I have actually had breakfast there a few years back when I was staying at Sutus Court, and it is everything she said, tasty and quality ingredients. I certainly wish her and the staff at Nickys the best and when I'm able to return, I'll definitely stop in.

Tommy, nice interview. I like your light hearted, irreverent style. You sound like a bloke a guy could sit down and have a pint with. In a former life, were you ever an afternoon drive time DJ spinning Bowie, Jethro Tull or Petula Clark for the commuting crowd just getting off work?

Been in there a few times over the years and had the breakfast.

I got to know Nicky herself pretty well when a lad I knew from back home had a moped accident in 2008 he was playing for the pool team that same night, she turned out to be an absolute diamond.

Damned if I can remember just  where this place is, although I have probably walked by it dozens of times - but after seeing this interview I will make it a point to drop by the next time I am in Pattaya - and may it be soon;  I love this woman's outlook and attitude and may she survive and prosper....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Damned if I can remember just  where this place is, although I have probably walked by it dozens of times - but after seeing this interview I will make it a point to drop by the next time I am in Pattaya - and may it be soon;  I love this woman's outlook and attitude and may she survive and prosper....

It’s on Soi Buakhao

Gmap link

https://goo.gl/maps/FD7tetNUPz3oqY1U6

• Thumbs Up 1

Best Sunday roast in Pattaya, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. If I want a roast dinner in Patts while on holiday this is where I go. All other food is also 1st class. Anyone who has,nt tried this place give it a go.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great interview Tommy, well thats it then next time wifey and i are in Patts we'll go for the sunday roast, do they sell on other days ?

I don’t know about Nickys but a friend does Sunday Roasts and it’s only really cost effective to do as “planned”. Basically lamb and beef joints take hours to roast, and are not cheap. I would GUESS chicken and pork could well be on the cards though.

If you use Facebook it might be worth asking her direct.

• Great Info 1

49 minutes ago, Whitespider said:

Basically lamb and beef joints take hours to roast, and are not cheap.

I'd give my right arm to enjoy a "proper" sunday roast, its about the only thing i miss from the UK other than family/friends. I've had before here in Thailand and the meat is tasteless despite paying an arm and a leg for, we even went to the Kantary hotel Korat i had the lamb chops at 750bht, load of tasteless dry rubbish imo.

If anyone knows if Nicky's does their sunday roast on other days please advise, i'd like to support the bar as BM's here are speaking highly of the food and service.

Yes indeed Whitespider roast dinners take a lot of prep/cooking time and planning/booking is necessary if you want it fresh. 

PS - I don't do FB

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1