Are we back? Looks like it

Nightcrawler

Finally back to normal for me, after being locked out, but after a password reset all is good. I missed the forum as well, it’s fun to check in even with 12 hour days at the hospital, followed by the rush home to avoid a ~40,000 baht fine for being outside after 8 pm. 
Dad is hanging on, the docs who said he was in his final days were full of shite. But it’s not good, don’t see him ever having the strength to return home. And his new wife cant even visit as she’s in agony from needing a hip replacement, which has been delayed due to pandemic. 

F—k 2020-21-22..........I’ve had enough

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

Time for some accuracy.  As a long time member of PA and TV, when they said we will be more stable and have fewer problems after moving to invision, it will actually be the opposite.  Of all the forums I am a member of, those on invision are the least stable and have the most problems.  Something to look forward to under the new ownership of 24-7.

EDIT: From something I saw on another forum, it may not be invision but rather the server provider that makes PA, etc so unstable.  I believe that is Cloudflare?

Edited by tko

13 hours ago, Whitespider said:

Sorry about the delay guys. To keep a (very) long story short we had numerous issues where the only thing we could do was wait. Very frustrating but all seems ok now.

never happened on our watch, new owners, messing it all up 555555 ( that was a joke BTW)   well done on finding your way thru the transfer mess i know it was a pain

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tko said:

Time for some accuracy.  As a long time member of PA and TV, when they said we will be more stable and have fewer problems after moving to invision, it will actually be the opposite.  Of all the forums I am a member of, those on invision are the least stable and have the most problems.  Something to look forward to under the new ownership of 24-7.

EDIT: From something I saw on another forum, it may not be invision but rather the server provider that makes PA, etc so unstable.  I believe that is Cloudflare?

Server provider/host is Invision.

There would be problems with any server/host running software that changes so frequently. We use Invision mainly for the Support as they don’t offer it to a reasonable level if we host the forum elsewhere.

The perfect host/solutions probably don’t exist. If they did we would try it.

4 hours ago, Whitespider said:

Server provider/host is Invision.

There would be problems with any server/host running software that changes so frequently. We use Invision mainly for the Support as they don’t offer it to a reasonable level if we host the forum elsewhere.

The perfect host/solutions probably don’t exist. If they did we would try it.

I know it makes sense to consolidate with your other properties, but of the forums I visit it seems PA's is the least stable.  The ones that have the least problems appear to have private servers. 

In any case, best of luck.  It's not the provider that makes a forum for me, it's the content and the members.  I also do appreciate that the mods have to keep it from turning into a sh*tshow.

1 hour ago, tko said:

I know it makes sense to consolidate with your other properties, but of the forums I visit it seems PA's is the least stable.  The ones that have the least problems appear to have private servers. 

In any case, best of luck.  It's not the provider that makes a forum for me, it's the content and the members.  I also do appreciate that the mods have to keep it from turning into a sh*tshow.

We had our own servers before but Invision would not give priority support. This is why we took the, reluctant, decision to switch to their hosting about 18 months ago. Thai Visa made the same decision for the same reason. I really wish a better option existed. Hopefully this forum will be relatively error free, touch wood, as it’s very small. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Yes wondered why I am getting notifications from Pattaya News everyday now although good to get some info.

I don't mind them actually, they started a couple of days ago, went into my spam folder. But i changed them to go into my inbox, give them a quick look, anything of interest i read, keeps me 'plugged in' a bit when i can't currently get there.

If they get monotonous, then i'll just block them or put them back in spam.

No biggie, for me anyway ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Yes wondered why I am getting notifications from Pattaya News everyday now although good to get some info.

I went on to their site and ticked disable .Havent had a email since 

Its a but suspicious that so many of here suddenly started to get emails from them at the same time

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Nickrock said:

I went on to their site and ticked disable .Havent had a email since 

Its a but suspicious that so many of here suddenly started to get emails from them at the same time

yes, it's very simple to disable.