United B777 uncontained engine failure

coxyhog

On 2/24/2021 at 12:33 AM, boydeste said:

I have always known it as Duck tape, so you got me thnking. This is what I discovered :-

Why do they call duck tape duct tape?

''Duct tape was first invented by a female factory worker during World War II. It was originally called 'duck' tape because it was made out of a cotton duck fabric and it repelled water like a duck's back. Duck Brand duct tapes are made with three main components: rubber adhesive, cloth, and film backing''

And in the US, not being very imaginative, we just called it grey tape. Then again, the UK has brown sauce. I probably should start calling ketchup red sauce.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

And in the US, not being very imaginative, we just called it grey tape. Then again, the UK has brown sauce. I probably should start calling ketchup red sauce.

I grew up calling it duct ( with a T ) tape. Because in Arizona the heating and air conditioning trades used the best stuff to wrap the joints of their " duct " work in their heating and cooling systems. Of course all the construction trades used it. As the old saying goes; " with a roll of duct tape and bailing wire I can fix anything " Back then it was really great stuff.... but over the years the market was flooded with shitty brands and quality went to hell.

But at last... Gorilla Tape has come out an excellent quality tape and my faith in all mankind has been renewed. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2