My best friend is dying

code_slayer_bkk

You and me both Joe. Dad had a big downturn today and actually signed the assisted ****** forms. Just doesn’t want to fight anymore, feels like he lost his dignity. His new wife is in horrible shape too, his only wish is to see her in person again, but even with me helping don’t know if we can get her from the condo to the car. 

But I’m relieved in a way, thought he had 2+ months left, but that long would have involved some really challenging times......it’s for the best

F—k 2021, ain’t any better than it’s predecessor 

• Sad 7

52 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

You and me both Joe. Dad had a big downturn today and actually signed the assisted ****** forms. Just doesn’t want to fight anymore, feels like he lost his dignity. His new wife is in horrible shape too, his only wish is to see her in person again, but even with me helping don’t know if we can get her from the condo to the car. 

But I’m relieved in a way, thought he had 2+ months left, but that long would have involved some really challenging times......it’s for the best

F—k 2021, ain’t any better than it’s predecessor 

Bro .. fight for your Dad ... give him the strength ..  your a good man .. he gave your strength and courage to walk through live in a good way ..... get them both together .. for sure ... put her on your back .. to get her to him ... that will put a smile on his face .... important !

Trump ....  my cat is even feeling sad .. they both slept together every night . he knows something is wrong ... a cat and a dog sleeping together LOL ... it just reaffirms every thing I believe in  .... shows me everything is possible ...

IMG_6289.JPG

2021 -- just bring it on and do the best you can ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thanks 1

I had one German Shepherd that turned out to have congenital kidney failure.  I had to have her put down at only three years old.  I held her while the vet administered the shot and she went to sleep.  Then this US Marine walked out of the office crying like a little girl.

• Sad 3

I was just 15 years old when I persuaded my family to go on holiday and I would stay at home and look after our boxer dog "Butch".

They had been gone 3 days when I came home from School and found Butch dead in the garden. He was just 10 years old.

I made my hands bleed digging a grave in the garden crying my eyes out the whole time. Facing my family when they returned was at the time the worst day of my life.

Butch was a TV star.

We were paid 10 pounds 10 shillings by the BBC for Butch making about a 5 second appearance in a comedy sketch dashing across the set. I had my whole class geared up to watch his appearance. They were, on the whole, not too impressed. 😄

14 hours ago, tko said:

I had one German Shepherd that turned out to have congenital kidney failure.  I had to have her put down at only three years old.  I held her while the vet administered the shot and she went to sleep.  Then this US Marine walked out of the office crying like a little girl.

My pit bull lab mix had a cancerous hematoma as well as arthritis in his hips. He was not quite 12 years old when the vet administered the solution that put him to sleep. I held him as he laid on the table and when the the doc leaned up with her stethoscope after his heart quit beating, she said, "He's gone."

She gave me a few minutes alone and only when my dad passed last year, have I cried that much since. The unconditional love that a pet gives to us can't be measured. A dog, to me, is truly man's best friend. Burt was mine. Still miss him to this day and never got another dog.

My heart goes out to you tko, and to you as well, Code.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

My pit bull lab mix had a cancerous hematoma as well as arthritis in his hips. He was not quite 12 years old when the vet administered the solution that put him to sleep. I held him as he laid on the table and when the the doc leaned up with her stethoscope after his heart quit beating, she said, "He's gone."

She gave me a few minutes alone and only when my dad passed last year, have I cried that much since. The unconditional love that a pet gives to us can't be measured. A dog, to me, is truly man's best friend. Burt was mine. Still miss him to this day and never got another dog.

My heart goes out to you tko, and to you as well, Code.

So right Bro ... and the love you give it also .. 100% unconditional ... she was a great dog .. she was so kind to everyone ... but, she wouldn't take shit from any other dog ....

That is why I always knew Ziggy was safe ... I would let Ziggy walk anywhere ( you never know when shit will come ) and know she was being looked out for ... I cannot tell you how many times I would check in on Ziggy in the middle of the night and see her sleeping and the dog was right there .... both of them sleeping .... it would always put a smile on my face ....

She always made sure Ziggy was safe ... and Beach gal ... 

Where I live in the deep South it is really safe .. but, sometimes you get some lurking guys walking down the sea ... some would occasionally just end up on your back door ... I am a pretty easy guy ( believe it or not ) ... just don't cause a problem ... but, you can never trust ....   

• Like 1