First ever trip to Thailand. Sweet and Sour

Nightcrawler

Good read. Made many a mistake my first go in 2008, I maybe had access to more modern info but no smartphone data yet. The taxi ride from Swampy to Suk was scary, zero English from driver, zero Thai from me, and zero English from the tollbooth guys. Was very uncomfortable, my first time outside North America. I think finally outside a KFC off Suk I explained to a freelancer I don’t have a booking but need a room. After a lady was allowed to jump in the backseat, told her to get out and settled on Federal Hotel Soi 11. Was tired as hell but the old bellman brought me “room service and some toothpaste”. Wish I had explored BKK more, but went to Pattaya at lunchtime for the remaining 21 days. 8 months later, found out the bellman had passed

• Like 2

My first trip was in '93 or '94. Landed at Don Muang, I had a small travel book I had bought at a bookstore with loads of hotels, restaurants, places of interests and a few pages on Patpong, Cowboy and Nana Plaza.

My buddy and I stayed at the Reno Hotel close to Siam Square for 350 baht per night, just about $14 USD at the 25/1 exchange rate at the time. I was also in that same bar you went to in Patpong, Kings Castle I think. Girls surrounded me (maybe a few of the same ones you had? 😁 ) one girl's hand on my crotch, another one blowing and licking my ear, a third leaning over to massage my shoulders, a couple more looking on with a "buy me dink" look in their eye. I did, and my bin probably wound up similar to yours before departing the scene for another bar.

My first impressions of Bangkok, Thailand.

I realized I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

My first trip was in '93 or '94. Landed at Don Muang, I had a small travel book I had bought at a bookstore with loads of hotels, restaurants, places of interests and a few pages on Patpong, Cowboy and Nana Plaza.

My buddy and I stayed at the Reno Hotel close to Siam Square for 350 baht per night, just about $14 USD at the 25/1 exchange rate at the time. I was also in that same bar you went to in Patpong, Kings Castle I think. Girls surrounded me (maybe a few of the same ones you had? 😁 ) one girl's hand on my crotch, another one blowing and licking my ear, a third leaning over to massage my shoulders, a couple more looking on with a "buy me dink" look in their eye. I did, and my bin probably wound up similar to yours before departing the scene for another bar.

My first impressions of Bangkok, Thailand.

I realized I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

Yes, Kings Castle, that was it. I am glad it wasn't just me 😁😁

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

I love the smells as soon as i arrive, and no i'm not talking about Thai pussy, well, not just Thai pussy :default_biggrin:

I also thought there was something  different on the air upon landing, then again a 50 degree Celsius swing in 24 hours from Calgary, tends to do that