Years ago you would hear.....

Phantom51red

Cant talk for other countrys but for the uk since in my teens and for many years till now not so much now if ever, if someones father brother or any other guys were to be marrying a thai girl ,first thing folks would say is...."phff..just marrying you for a passport"do you think its the other way around now,not the main reason for many as i know plenty who are married and living in the uk...at the moment but they do plan on getting marriage visa if they or when they are going to move.

Ive noticed on a few of the fb pages TV,Expats,stranded outside thailand ect ect ,,theres a hell of a lot of guys lately enquiring or who are already married about this visa,i asked the question but got a few laughing emoticons,might sound funny to some but who doesnt want to escape to thailand with maybe an easier cheaper visa option.

Edited by Phantom51red

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to learn at least some people were considering it. I know that if the situation becomes intolerable here (in the Netherlands), we can consider moving to various different countries, Vietnam being the easiest and most likely. For four persons here at home, we have seven passports (I am the only one with only one nationality/passport).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Cant talk for other countrys but for the uk since in my teens and for many years till now not so much now if ever, if someones father brother or any other guys were to be marrying a thai girl ,first thing folks would say is...."phff..just marrying you for a passport"do you think its the other way around now,not the main reason for many as i know plenty who are married and living in the uk...at the moment but they do plan on getting marriage visa if they or when they are going to move.

Ive noticed on a few of the fb pages TV,Expats,stranded outside thailand ect ect ,,theres a hell of a lot of guys lately enquiring or who are already married about this visa,i asked the question but got a few laughing emoticons,might sound funny to some but who doesnt want to escape to thailand with maybe an easier cheaper visa option.

For long term it may be a good thing, not sure of all the ins and outs nowadays it used to be 12 months on marriage visa I think??

Back in the day when I lived there for a while in my 30s I used to do the 4 entries and then extend.

Been a long time since then though.

• Like 1

I have been married to a thai lady for nearly 3 years, we live in Thailand, and me/we/she has no desire to leave and live in England - mind you she is pretty grounded, and doesn't live life like a Thai girl (for show) -

Our marriage - we both benefit - easy visa for me and allows me work permit not tied to work visa, good easy life for her. 

• Like 2