Why no Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan forum ?

jonwilly

3 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Why do we now have no Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan forum as before?

john

Err..why would you know??

You joined the forum Saturday... not even a week ago.

Why not direct the question to Admin/Mods.

cheers

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Err..why would you know??

You joined the forum Saturday... not even a week ago.

Why not direct the question to Admin/Mods.

cheers

Well you are right of course but maybe he just wanted to ask a question, good to see posts from new members and as a member who lived in Hua Hin for 3 years it would be good to see more topics about areas outside Pattaya.

It is odd looking at the forum topic headings as neither Central or Southern Thailand contain Prachuap Khirikhan which is odd as it does not belong elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Well you are right of course but maybe he just wanted to ask a question, good to see posts from new members and as a member who lived in Hua Hin for 3 years it would be good to see more topics about areas outside Pattaya.

It is odd looking at the forum topic headings as neither Central or Southern Thailand contain Prachuap Khirikhan which is odd as it does not belong elsewhere.

Except the vast majority of the world wide general public have never heard of Hua Hin and have no interest in seeing a photo of some field in Issan or a regional hut supposed to be the Village bar.

They have, however, heard of Bangkok and Pattaya and interest in Thai forums will continue to fade away, possibly to extinction, until the nightlife returns to some kind of normality and that is unlikely to happen until the end of this year at the earliest.

In the meantime we become an ever diminishing club for senior expats wishing they were 20 years younger again. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Except the vast majority of the world wide general public have never heard of Hua Hin and have no interest in seeing a photo of some field in Issan or a regional hut supposed to be the Village bar.

They have, however, heard of Bangkok and Pattaya and interest in Thai forums will continue to fade away, possibly to extinction, until the nightlife returns to some kind of normality and that is unlikely to happen until the end of this year at the earliest.

In the meantime we become an ever diminishing club for senior expats wishing they were 20 years younger again. 🤣

100mg of testies will push back time for at least a week...lol

58 minutes ago, Jambo said:

We WILL be back, you buggers....count on it!!

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

Got to be honest mate many of your posts of late are all doom and gloom, very negative.

This forum was set up to be about all of Thailand and was not called Pattaya 247 for that very reason. It needs to be about more than just Pattaya and Bangkok and because it doesn't fit with your small minded view on life in Thailand it doesn't mean the rest of us need to be restricted to posts about areas interesting to you alone.

For me the more info about every other region of Thailand will be of benefit to those members (especially new members) who have come here because it isn't just about Pattaya and bar life.  Of course many still want to know how Pattaya and Bangkok are dealing with the pandemic and what is happening on the street but as a person who lived in Pattaya, Hua Hin and Khon Kaen over a 15 year period I would like to think that this forum is striving to offer a broader view that is a benefit to those with interests beyond Pattaya or a particular bar that no longer exists.

Thailand is a beautiful country and we as members have a responsibility to try to broaden the horizons of all those reading these pages, we should be trying to offer info and stories about all parts of Thailand.  If we don't keep to the original plan of this forum being about Thailand and all that it offers then yes maybe it will not appeal to those looking for something different.

If I come back to Thailand in the summer for about 5 weeks I will probably do no more than 2-3 days in Pattaya (if at all) before heading around the country so the more info about other areas including my favourite town, Hua Hin, would be appreciated. When I do come back I will be doing a trip report and it most likely won't be involving any details of a trip to Pattaya.

This forum should be about all things Thailand, I hope that mission pushes on or I may lose interest myself.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/10/2021 at 11:26 AM, jonwilly said:

Why do we now have no Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan forum as before?

john

I alone have posted over 100 pictures in and around Hua Hin during the past few months in the Pics you have taken in Thailand thread, so it does get covered, but not so much as a dedicated topic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I alone have posted over 100 pictures in and around Hua Hin during the past few months in the Pics you have taken in Thailand thread, so it does get covered, but not so much as a dedicated topic.

Havent seen those,what month or page was it,ill need to take a scan,cheers.

Edited by Phantom51red

26 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Havent seen those,what month or page was it,ill need to take a scan,cheers.

I think I first started drip feeding them into the thread from page 44, I have just started in CM so they cover many pages as quite a few BMs contribute to keep the thread going. They are just pics I took on my phone during a 3 week stay there whilst walking around. Nothing like your exploration on a bike. Lol

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, jonwilly said:

So like me No One Knows.

john

The mods and admin can answer your query, just send them a note to sort it out for your enhanced forum experience.

I am sure it is just a small error that can readily be put right, not really a major issue. As said by a member it probably fits quite well under the 'Central' heading.

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

There's a section for central Thailand , just post your threads there ...

there are already some Hua Hin threads

https://www.thailand-247.com/forum/30-central-thailand/

It all becomes clear when you open the link you posted as the first thread is about Hua Hin but my sympathies are with the OP here.

As someone who spectacularly failed Geography in school I'm not the best judge but from the landing page scrolling down I get to here:

image.pngSo no obvious sign of  Hua Hin in there.  Rather than have a lengthy shopping list of places maybe highlight some of the more visited ones?

For people more au fait with the geography of Thailand (or Geography full stop in my case), it might be obvious that this in the place to post on Hua Hin, but not for me, or the OP it seems and I'm with him.

Think a revisit from Admin to highlight the key cities people visit, editing down this list would be a good idea.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks to the folk who paid attention to my plea.

Who ever drew the maps for the new Thai Visa forum missed out the Province of Prachuap Khiri Khan, in which Hua Hin is located.

It's not in Central Thailand or The South.

I have no idea how many post I did in the previous forum, a thousand or so been a member since about 2002 or 3. All the best to the more mature members, us old timers don't find life easy with these new fangled gadgets that assume you learn in school.

john

@jonwilly this forum isn't anything to do with Thai Visa ... it was a stand alone forum , but has recently been purchased by the guys behind Pattaya Addicts 

your post did seem strange for a second post and I assumed you were trolling ..

obviously it is an oversight that Prachuap Khiri Khan isn't mentioned, but where do you think the Hua Hin threads should go if not Central or even South .. ? 

6520BE64-F561-46CF-9F4F-6530D0DE1E5B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

It all becomes clear when you open the link you posted as the first thread is about Hua Hin but my sympathies are with the OP here.

As someone who spectacularly failed Geography in school I'm not the best judge but from the landing page scrolling down I get to here:

image.pngSo no obvious sign of  Hua Hin in there.  Rather than have a lengthy shopping list of places maybe highlight some of the more visited ones?

For people more au fait with the geography of Thailand (or Geography full stop in my case), it might be obvious that this in the place to post on Hua Hin, but not for me, or the OP it seems and I'm with him.

Think a revisit from Admin to highlight the key cities people visit, editing down this list would be a good idea.

This is what they have on the Addicts forum 

99806730-FA24-41BC-A82E-3FD051F24FD5.jpeg

maybe @Whitespider could update ours similarly 

• Thumbs Up 1

" this forum isn't anything to do with Thai Visa ... it was a stand alone forum , but has recently been purchased by the guys behind Pattaya Addicts "

Ah information for the uninformed.

Having clicked on my old Thai Visa and receiving this forum I took it as granted that for some reason there had been a major revamp of the service.

Entering Thai Visa Forum in my search engine produces no Thai Visa Forum.

Thanks.

john

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Got to be honest mate many of your posts of late are all doom and gloom, very negative.

This forum was set up to be about all of Thailand and was not called Pattaya 247 for that very reason. It needs to be about more than just Pattaya and Bangkok and because it doesn't fit with your small minded view on life in Thailand it doesn't mean the rest of us need to be restricted to posts about areas interesting to you alone.

For me the more info about every other region of Thailand will be of benefit to those members (especially new members) who have come here because it isn't just about Pattaya and bar life.  Of course many still want to know how Pattaya and Bangkok are dealing with the pandemic and what is happening on the street but as a person who lived in Pattaya, Hua Hin and Khon Kaen over a 15 year period I would like to think that this forum is striving to offer a broader view that is a benefit to those with interests beyond Pattaya or a particular bar that no longer exists.

Thailand is a beautiful country and we as members have a responsibility to try to broaden the horizons of all those reading these pages, we should be trying to offer info and stories about all parts of Thailand.  If we don't keep to the original plan of this forum being about Thailand and all that it offers then yes maybe it will not appeal to those looking for something different.

If I come back to Thailand in the summer for about 5 weeks I will probably do no more than 2-3 days in Pattaya (if at all) before heading around the country so the more info about other areas including my favourite town, Hua Hin, would be appreciated. When I do come back I will be doing a trip report and it most likely won't be involving any details of a trip to Pattaya.

This forum should be about all things Thailand, I hope that mission pushes on or I may lose interest myself.

As you maybe aware I divide my time in Thailand between our house in Bangsaray/Pattaya and my wife's family home in Mae Sot in the north east of Thailand where she has land and business interests.

I have posted many topics on the Mae Sot area some of which have taken considerable time to produce and often feature the scenic attractions, National Parks and places of interest that do exist. I post them because it both gives me personal satisfaction, something to do and I hope be of interest to other forum members. The main responders are invariably former Secrets forum members as we like to keep in touch with one another however remotely.

Do not kid yourself and I certainly do not. When you post your regional photo's or I post mine we have just passing minority appeal. Nothing wrong with that but such topics will not stop this forum's active membership fading away.

A Thai forum is not a tourist guide to Thailand.

The overwhelming raison d'etre (11 % mock O-level Frog) is Thai pussy. Where is it? Where can we get at it? How much is it going to cost? It is why most, if not all, of us came to Thailand in the first place. The only change is that our current membership's average age produces more memories than actual current events. It was all so much better 10/15/20 years ago when we were all out shagging most nights.

Unfortunately, there is and always will be infinitely more interest in the unending photo's of empty, closed down bars etc in Pattaya than there ever will be in what is going on in some regional location. I was shot down in flames because I happen to believe that such photo's of bars closed, or bars empty of customers, is just adding nails to the coffin potential (new member) visitors looking in from afar deciding never to come or return to Thailand. What the world at large want to see is what is going on inside the bars that remain open.

Anyway, I am looking forward to my return to Pattaya the week after next and seeing friends both old and ( hopefully) new.

• Like 2

Firstly, to the OP there was no “before”, those areas seem to have been set when the forum began and we certainly haven’t changed anything.

Secondly it’s a simple task to add the province - Central seems sensible.

Lastly I can see it’s all a little messy with Rayong listed in both Central and Eastern. What I don’t want to do is start making too many “changes” or thread will then be in the wrong place.