Why the UK has so many Covid cases

Jambo

Having breakfast with the wife yesterday when I mentioned I had now lost just over 11 kilos on my low carb diet.

Tried to convert that into proper stones and pounds which should have been a doddle for a former accountant like me. Tried to multiply 11 by 2.2 and divide by 14 in my head and got an instant brain overload.

Dived over to my phone with the intention of using the Calculator App but found the screen covered with finger prints and assorted flotsam and jepsam from yesterday use.

Did what I have done hundreds of times before............spit on the screen and cleaned off with ............... the tail of my T-Shirt as no tissue handy.

Wife chokes and falls back with a look of abject horror on her face.

"That is disgusting - Thai people would never do that!"

"Oh, spit and polish is quite normal for us. Been cleaning shoes like that for ever."

Sai starts to walk away and then turns to look at me

"No wonder you English have so many Covid cases!" and storms off.

So now you know.

Gobbing on your I-Phone is the reason we English have so many Covid cases! 🤣

Don't you just love'm.

• Haha 6

Disgusting behaviour wouldnt happen in scotland 😀

She would have a fit sitting near the chinese at a ko larn resort eating breakfast in the morning howking from their tables into the sea ! as my ex once did pre covid 😅

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Did what I have done hundreds of times before............spit on the screen and cleaned off with ............... the tail of my T-Shirt as no tissue handy.

The best thing I've found for cleaning a phone screen is the face wipes that every bar used to give you when you walked into a beer bar sweating like a scotsman in a spelling test.

Edited by bexwell
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, bob lt said:

I seldom take medical advice seen on a forum or in print and am unlikely to change my opinion due to the above.

I read someone recommended bleach injections.

Bleach is the way forward mate. I drink a glass of Domestos each morning and so far, I have not had the virus 😁😁

• Haha 2

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

Bleach is the way forward mate. I drink a glass of Domestos each morning and so far, I have not had the virus 😁😁

But maybe you have just been lucky and not come into contact with any carriers.

Unilever appreciate the mention but do not recommend use internally.   😁😁

• Haha 1