Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

I am like a cat dipping his paw into the honey pot (or me on my first visit to Pattaya ) now that I have unlimited access to Netflix.

Sorry if this series has been mentioned before but I have been watching episodes of "Altered Carbon" series 1 and thoroughly enjoying the experience.

Altered Carbon.jpg

I saw the warning about "Sex/violence/bad language and Sci Fi" and rather thought I would find it my sort of escapism. 🤣

It features Joel Kinnaman as the lead "bad/good" character who is excellent. It is set 250 years in the future when the world is well f***d up unless you can afford to live above the great unwashed.

Very good visually with the special effects but the plot seems to steal a lot of ideas from John Wick and Blade Runner.

Well I am enjoying it.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Just blitzed it, I'd seen something about Challenger before where the truth came out ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Challenger_Disaster ). This was a good watch too.

The reason I mentioned lies was years ago a documentary was made and they kept saying that they

couldn't understand why, and then some bloke noticed the seals in his carburetor started leaking after

a cold night in Florida...now suddenly everybody's knows these seals just about did the job most of the times

from really day 1....frightening........

• Thumbs Up 1

Gomorrah TV series director Stefano Sollima delivers a terrific mob drama set among Rome's political and

Suburru.jpg

.As we have a virtual lock down up here in Mae Sot I have been mainlining on Netflix. Watched the first series of Suburra " Blood on Rome" in three days and now into Series 2.

I cannot recommend it more highly.

It is exciting, graphic, topical and brilliantly filmed in Rome and localities. Extremely well acted with well developed characters.

This is a thread that I usually ignore as I don't have Netflix and I am not looking back to see if I have ever posted in here but as I have Amazon and HDPrime I am sure I have access to many of the series/films etc that are on Netflix.

For info I have just binge watched the 2 series of BOYS, thought it an excellent programme with many WTF moments. Made sure I watched it when my daughter was snuggled up in bed as it is 18+.

• Like 1

Just now, Horizondave said:

This is a thread that I usually ignore as I don't have Netflix and I am not looking back to see if I have ever posted in here but as I have Amazon and HDPrime I am sure I have access to many of the series/films etc that are on Netflix.

For info I have just binge watched the 2 series of BOYS, thought it an excellent programme with many WTF moments. Made sure I watched it when my daughter was snuggled up in bed as it is 18+.

Zerozerozero above is on Amazon i think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Aqualung said:

The English Game is well worth a watch. Sorry G QPR not involved but only my beloved Blackburn Rovers and their near neighbours Darwen FC. 

Only fuckin problems for me was having Blackburn playing in claret shirts 😬

Whick dick thought that one up? 

been binge watching the following TV series on Netflix:

- Cobra Kai - nostalgic trip - absolutely brilliantly done

- Startrek Discovery - whilst not really 'StarTrek' - sill a good quality sci-fi 

- Lost in Space - remake of the old series

On 2/1/2021 at 10:15 AM, Jambo said:

I am like a cat dipping his paw into the honey pot (or me on my first visit to Pattaya ) now that I have unlimited access to Netflix.

Sorry if this series has been mentioned before but I have been watching episodes of "Altered Carbon" series 1 and thoroughly enjoying the experience.

Altered Carbon.jpg

I saw the warning about "Sex/violence/bad language and Sci Fi" and rather thought I would find it my sort of escapism. 🤣

It features Joel Kinnaman as the lead "bad/good" character who is excellent. It is set 250 years in the future when the world is well f***d up unless you can afford to live above the great unwashed.

Very good visually with the special effects but the plot seems to steal a lot of ideas from John Wick and Blade Runner.

Well I am enjoying it.

Altered Carbon series 1 was fantastic - agree with the echo's of Bladerunner. The main guy is such a wooden actor (Joel Kinnerman) - but fits the character very well. I Watched all of S2 - but i am not a fan of Anthony Mackie, he seems to play himself in everything he is in :). The other standout character in it is the 'hotel AI' -Chris Conner - was the most 'human' character out of all of them 🙂  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else having problems with Netflix in Pattaya being really slow to load ? I'm with True internet and get great speeds with them and no problems with other sites but it's taking forever to load Netflix on both Chrome and Edge and when or if I do get onto the site it takes an age to load what I want to watch.

Once it's playing it's perfect with no buffering but actually getting the site to load is getting beyond a joke.

Edited by mrcharliemofo

I watched Capone yesterday 

Very surreal in places, and an account of Scarface suffering from dementia caused by Neuro syphilis in his final years. 

Tom Hardy plays him well. The only bit I didn't like was the graphic account of him shitting the bed, but all part of dementia and necessary, I guess. I would certainly recommend it. On Netflix now. 

Just watched this on Crave, a local streaming service. Very interesting, but sad too, really opened my eyes about this lady. What really stood out was how much the paparazzi messed her up, and her Southern accent- at the end of the day, she’s still that girl from a modest Louisiana town

F325DB84-C8C4-4890-98F3-E87A97E26D5C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

further on from the Movie's to watch - what series are people watching / have watched?

I have just finished watching the following:

• The Mandelorian (Disney +)- excellent star wars based series. Finally of S2 was epic and a fitting conclusion.
  • Wandavision (Disney+)- difficult first couple of episodes - but an excellent ramp up of quality. It focuses on Wanda and Vision and the events after the Marvel Avengers End-game movie...
  • StarTrek discovery(Netflix)- 3 series in and i enjoy the production quality, the stories and the crew - but FFS - does everyone have to cry and blubber every...single...episode... will watch series 4 when out
  • Lost In Space (netflix) - new take on the franchise - enjoyed the 2 series - there is supposed to be a 3rd in production, but not seen much about it
  • Daredevil (Netflix) - enjoyed the series of these on Netflix

i used to be a big fan of the Walking dead - but my attention wained when it got to series 6/7 - Negan was a good character, but it became meh

any other good series out there that you have enjoyed watching?

• Like 1