Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Breaking Bad ..... who says I'm not up to date ??

Only watched it first time last year and still know people not seen it .......... 

Have you seen "Better Call Saul", the spin-off from Breaking Bad? It's great - I saw the first four seasons on Netflix but for some reason they don't have the last two seasons...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Tell ya what is a fantastic film to watch finally caught up with it last night PARASITE.

First ever all foreign language film to win an Oscar 2019 .....Korean and yep the hype is true its amazing chaps.....

Caught that on the plane ride home last year, what a flick! Wish I’d have watched it yesterday, instead it was Russell Crowe road raging in Unhinged. Pretty good, but short @ 85 minutes. I swear every time the action ramped up, the 737MAX8 hit some shite weather and started shaking. Oh well, home in one piece

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Have you seen "Better Call Saul", the spin-off from Breaking Bad? It's great - I saw the first four seasons on Netflix but for some reason they don't have the last two seasons...

I binged the first 4 as well recently, but IMO, BB was better. All the people saying Saul was head & shoulders above......sorry, it’s not that good. But Jimmy is an awesome character, no doubt

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

Bates Motel. 

A long series but I became addicted after 2 episodes 

Brilliant IMO

Yup, my late Dad suggested that to me years ago and I finally binged it all. Freddie is a real talent, been watching him in Good Doctor as well. The blonde he supposedly sleeps with, Bradley, is the daughter of a billionaire and engaged to marry David Beckham’s boy

3 hours ago, Chappo said:

i used to be a big fan of the Walking dead - but my attention wained when it got to series 6/7 - Negan was a good character, but it became meh

any other good series out there that you have enjoyed watching?

That’s funny, that’s right before I stopped binging it, ep 6-4,6-5 or so. When the massive crowd of walkers is discovered in that rock quarry, and they are deciding what to do. 

Haven’t felt the need to get back into it

I must lead a sheltered life not watched any of the movies mentioned 

And any thing that is a series over several seasons forget it brings back memories as a kid of putting up with mum watching coronation street several nights a week

If you like sci-fi series, I can recommend "The Expanse".

d32eb4b22d055c0148aa412e752dd4dd433ce04a

The first three series were shown on Syfy, but it was too expensive for them so Amazon Prime picked it up and has made two more series since then. This is sci-fi rather than Star Wars-style fantasy (which I still love), it's realistic and has been praised for its visuals and also for the political intrigue it portrays.   

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 3/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, maipenrai said:

Series like Better Call Saul aren’t released to Netflix until the next season is playing on AMC. Season 5 will start on Netflix as soon as Season 6 episode 1 airs, if everything goes as it has in the past. Season 6 is currently in production. 

2 hours ago, forqalso said:

Series like Better Call Saul aren’t released to Netflix until the next season is playing on AMC. Season 5 will start on Netflix as soon as Season 6 episode 1 airs, if everything goes as it has in the past. Season 6 is currently in production. 

Season 5 is on my Netflix now.

20 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Season 5 is on my Netflix now.

Are you in the UK?  It’s not on Netflix in the US, Season 5 was released to Netflix International in weekly installments starting in February, 2020; while it was screened in the US on AMC. Season 5 will show up on Netflix in the US a little before Season 6 starts on AMC. I assumed Maipenrai was watching from the US, since Season 5 is unavailable on his Netflix too.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/better-call-saul-season-5-netflix-release-schedule-11-2020/

10 minutes ago, forqalso said:

Are you in the UK?  It’s not on Netflix in the US, Season 5 was released to Netflix International in weekly installments starting in February, 2020; while it was screened in the US on AMC. Season 5 will show up on Netflix in the US a little before Season 6 starts on AMC. I assumed Maipenrai was watching from the US, since Season 5 is unavailable on his Netflix too.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/better-call-saul-season-5-netflix-release-schedule-11-2020/

No, I'm in Thailand.

35 minutes ago, forqalso said:

I'm in Canada....

On the rare occasion I watch Netflix original the best function is the jump forward ten seconds tab. Everything I have seen from Netflix could be shortened by one third without loosing anything of the intended content. Why do they do this???

• Confused 1