Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

I just decided to rewatch one of my all-time favourite comedy series, Fawlty Towers. While it's still in the old TV 4:3 format, the resolution has been improved to full HD 1080p and the soundtrack given a once-over too. Available on the Pirate Bay, the total size for both series is almost 28 GB. This must be at least the tenth time I've watched them, but they never grow stale and I know I'll enjoy them, especially with the greatly improved quality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I just decided to rewatch one of my all-time favourite comedy series, Fawlty Towers. While it's still in the old TV 4:3 format, the resolution has been improved to full HD 1080p and the soundtrack given a once-over too. Available on the Pirate Bay, the total size for both series is almost 28 GB. This must be at least the tenth time I've watched them, but they never grow stale and I know I'll enjoy them, especially with the greatly improved quality. 

A timeless classic

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, gs joe said:

546E977E-94AA-47AB-9A37-49C2A67A266E.jpeg

Series Six starts tonight on BBC 

I absolutely love Peaky Blinders which always reminds me of the really happy 9 years I lived and worked in Brum. Well, to be exact I lived in Knowle which was a wee bit more "UpMarket" than Brum central. 🤣

So I logged into my BBC I Player this morning and sat back to enjoy the first episode. Unfortunately it was about 10 minutes before I realized I was watching season 1 again but I was enjoying it so much I continued until it ended.

Followed up with episode 1 of season 6 and thoroughly enjoyed that as expected.

I have been watching the prequel to Yellowstone being:

1883.jpg

It follows a Wagon Train heading west which includes the Dutton family and all the trials and tribulations which happen to them and the other potential settlers on route.

It is brilliantly acted by the excellent cast, exciting and full of unexpected surprises.

Unusual from the very beginning including having the ongoing episode narrator being the Dutton daughter going from vestal virgin to having got through one "husband" and onto the next by episode 8 and maybe 500 miles or so of travel.

Really excellent TV.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

I absolutely love Peaky Blinders which always reminds me of the really happy 9 years I lived and worked in Brum. Well, to be exact I lived in Knowle which was a wee bit more "UpMarket" than Brum central. 🤣

So I logged into my BBC I Player this morning and sat back to enjoy the first episode. Unfortunately it was about 10 minutes before I realized I was watching season 1 again but I was enjoying it so much I continued until it ended.

Followed up with episode 1 of season 6 and thoroughly enjoyed that as expected.

I bought a really cheap version in Khao San Road. There was a bloody good reason it was so cheap :default_fing23:

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

• Haha 2

On 3/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, tommy dee said:

i turned off after 3 epos ides  hoping it would improve.  terrible acting. awful.  maybe just me

I hear you Tommy, I think it happened so long ago it’s difficult to re-create the real Charles. Hard to fathom how much he got away with, and how many close calls he had but remained free

If there was a book with detailed factual timelines, I would give it a read. Still cannot believe I’ve been to Thailand & never heard of him

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

i turned off after 3 epos ides  hoping it would improve.  terrible acting. awful.  maybe just me

I felt the same. Only made it through 2 episodes. The history of this poor excuse for a human makes for a compelling read, but that was lost when they made it into a series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished watching "Our House" on ITV Hub. Thought it was excellent. It's about a woman who goes away for a weekend and comes back to find her house sold, a new owner moving in and her husband missing.

Another great ITV one is "Trigger Point", about a Met Police bomb disposal squad.

Both highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...