Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 4/8/2022 at 9:42 AM, forcebwithu said:

What are you using to watch Netflix? Check this link for a possible solution, assuming your system is listed.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/11650#:~:text=Change your audio settings&text=Select Audio %26 Video.,Try Netflix again.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Now if i said i'm using my Samsung Smart TV would that be correct or am i just demonstrating my complete lack of "tech savvy" lol

Thanks for the link, i'll give it a go........

Thanks a mill FBWY, i messed around with all the sound settings and found that i had "standard" set as my preference, changed it to "smart" and whoopee do, problem solved :default_party-smiley-048: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/9/2022 at 1:28 AM, Jambo said:

So am I although I have the subtitles displayed as when I left North London we still predominately spoke (cockney) English not ghetto. :default_dirol:

I'm on the point of giving up on the series as i can't understand what their saying, perhaps i should turn on the subtitles lol

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks a mill FBWY, i messed around with all the sound settings and found that i had "standard" set as my preference, changed it to "smart" and whoopee do, problem solved :default_party-smiley-048: 

Good you were able to solve the volume problem. 

With my hearing loss it's gotten to the point where I have to go into my video player's Audio settings and custom set the volume on the frequencies that I can no longer hear very well.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, biggles said:

FBWU, have you tried a pair of Bluetooth equipped headphones? Lazada has them and not very expensive. 

I use Bluetooth ear buds. That helps, but I still need to adjust the volumes on the frequencies as it's hard to clearly hear dialog for voices in the higher pitch range. 

On 4/9/2022 at 2:37 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Watched 2 episodes of the Jimmy Savile documentary films

I watched the two-part Savile documentary myself the other night - I have to confess in my colonial ignorance that prior to the scandal being made public, I had never even heard of this guy; hard to believe he got away with so much for so long - like his short-lived epitaph stated, "It was good while it lasted" - I guess it must have been, for him...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Netflix back, mainly for Ozark & BCS. 

About Saul, I just got some good & bad news. The cable provider here in Montreal stopped even CARRYING AMC 2 years ago…..apparently it’s not worth it for them….even when the thieving c—ts charge almost $6 after tax to add a SINGLE CHANNEL. So AMC must be the TV equivalent of a crazy ex GF……

Now if you have AppleTV, they will still charge you $30 PER SEASON 1-5 of BCS, BUT…..you can get 30 days free of AMC+ which is up to date on S6….I will see tomorrow night how fast Episode 4 is available. I did a stupid thing and watched those 3 episodes before watching S5 on Netflix which I’m doing now 

Whatever I said about BCS not being great…..I’ve had a change of ❤️. Definitely worth a watch Seasons 5-6 are

Ozark will have to wait a few days…..

Edited by Golfingboy

On 5/2/2022 at 3:55 AM, Golfingboy said:

About Saul, I just got some good & bad news. The cable provider here in Montreal stopped even CARRYING AMC 2 years ago…..apparently it’s not worth it for them….even when the thieving c—ts charge almost $6 after tax to add a SINGLE CHANNEL. So AMC must be the TV equivalent of a crazy ex GF……

Now if you have AppleTV, they will still charge you $30 PER SEASON 1-5 of BCS, BUT…..you can get 30 days free of AMC+ which is up to date on S6….I will see tomorrow night how fast Episode 4 is available. I did a stupid thing and watched those 3 episodes before watching S5 on Netflix which I’m doing now 

Whatever I said about BCS not being great…..I’ve had a change of ❤️. Definitely worth a watch Seasons 5-6 are

Done the opposite put season 6 BCS on hold 

as after the recommendations on here I’ve got into Ozark  

Finished DI Ray on ITV Hub yesterday. Good police drama about an Asian detective who gets given an Asian murder case. Enjoyed it.

Three episodes into The Terror: Infamy on BBC iPlayer. Very good so far.

10_1725_0001.jpeg

p17055838_b_v13_ab.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, Golfingboy said:

not that i would dream of using it but, i am tld, the pirate bay has all the bcs latest series.. free

• Great Info 2

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Saw an interesting documentary last night called "Tread", all about the guy who armoured a bulldozer and went on a rampage in a small Colorado town some years ago:

Tread_(film).jpg

I heard of this, I’m sure you also remember around 1990 there was another guy who stole a tank from an armoury….. nuts how he just rolled over cars like nothing 

Edited by Golfingboy

11 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I heard of this, I’m sure you also remember around 1990 there was another guy who stole a tank from an armoury….. nuts how he just rolled over cars like nothing 

2 squadies at different times stole apc vehicles from minden's elizabeth barracks and one tried to drive it back from germany to UK.  gave up half way across the channel, the other crashed not far from the base.  ( fusiliers)  mental

• Great Info 1

On 5/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, galenkia said:

Finished DI Ray on ITV Hub yesterday. Good police drama about an Asian detective who gets given an Asian murder case. Enjoyed it.

Three episodes into The Terror: Infamy on BBC iPlayer. Very good so far.

10_1725_0001.jpeg

p17055838_b_v13_ab.jpg

watched it last night binge it all great watch 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2022 at 1:22 AM, maipenrai said:

Saw an interesting documentary last night called "Tread", all about the guy who armoured a bulldozer and went on a rampage in a small Colorado town some years ago:

Tread_(film).jpg

fuckin awesome.. thanks.  weirdo but damn he was good

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2022 at 12:49 PM, Golfingboy said:

Yes, I do remember that incident in 1995 - it was in San Diego with an M60 Patton tank and he had a jolly old time with it until his romp came to an end much the same as in Colorado with the tank becoming high-centred on a highway median, whereupon his pursuers opened the hatch and shot him to death:

https://en.siakapkeli.my/2021/10/video-the-story-of-a-man-that-stole-tank-and-causing-mayhem-in-1995/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, I do remember that incident in 1995 - it was in San Diego with an M60 Patton tank and he had a jolly old time with it until his romp came to an end much the same as in Colorado with the tank becoming high-centred on a highway median, whereupon his pursuers opened the hatch and shot him to death:

https://en.siakapkeli.my/2021/10/video-the-story-of-a-man-that-stole-tank-and-causing-mayhem-in-1995/

Yes that’s it. So many unhinged people in the world, Monday we had that prison guard who was on the run with a murderer she helped escape. She took her own life, I’m surprised he was taken peacefully, apparently they had a small arsenal and were ready for a gunfight. 

In 2015, I visited my folks and was playing golf in Hemmingford, about 2 miles from the New York border. It was the same time those 2 killers who were shagging a prison guard were on the run, was a huge reward too. I must admit on the drive I looked around a bit, but alas, they had never made it over the border. Was a good series about it on Crave “Escape from Dannemora”

On 5/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, Golfingboy said:

Have you tried https://ustvgo.tv ? It has a lot of channels but you may need a vpn for some of them. 

• Great Info 2