Walking the river, Brentford to Hammersmith

Sherlock

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Nice pics mate, something relaxing about being next to the water.

Thanks mate. I think, for me anyway, its the silence that comes along for not hearing any cars, bikes or trucks anywhere. The warm temps and sunshine certainly helped as well.

• Like 2

Seeing the City Barge makes me think my last time there was in the early 70s when I walked in wearing royal blue knee high platform boots with a 4 inch heel.  Actually sold to me by Freddie Mercury from a concession in Kensington Market.  Been back to the area many times since but normally hit the Bell and Crown or the Bulls Head.

A lovely walk indeed but I usually start my route from Kew Bridge Station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Thanks mate. I think, for me anyway, its the silence that comes along for not hearing any cars, bikes or trucks anywhere. The warm temps and sunshine certainly helped as well.

That is one of the awesome things about night fishing at a lake, you are totally in tune with the silence, apart from nature itself.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

nice pics.  lots of old boats there ripe to be renovated too.  maybe at some point in another post can u tell us where you are every now and again.  i love pics of sheen, richmond and down to putney

Its in the OP title mate, between Brentford and Hammersmith