You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

How can you watch that shit mate ?

I find the CGI interesting, especially how it is becoming more sophisticated and realistic. 

Car wrecks?

Well...having worked as an EMT I can tell you there is nothing interesting about 'cleaning up ' a car wreck. PTSD is definitely a risk doing that job.

Yet, people always gawk at wrecks...why is that?

20 hours ago, lazarus said:

I find the CGI interesting, especially how it is becoming more sophisticated and realistic. 

Car wrecks?

Well...having worked as an EMT I can tell you there is nothing interesting about 'cleaning up ' a car wreck. PTSD is definitely a risk doing that job.

Yet, people always gawk at wrecks...why is that?

Different stokes for different folks. No insult intended mate.  

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

This is for @boydeste . This may be a bit advanced for you but give it a go... But remember to ask an adult if it is OK for you to use scissors and paper glue...

Thanks for that, it is indeed a little advanced for me. We used to use a drawing pin to garden growing poles. :default_fun:

Oh, I hope that glue is Copydex. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Remember Catherine wheels?........Back in the day when the Government didn't control what you did in your own back garden...(Fred West excepted of course)

We always had a Catherine wheel, along with all the bangers and pretty rockets my parents could afford. As youngsters our greatest fun was had by lighting our sparklers in the coal boiler in the kitchen then running outside to pretend we had a wand.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2023 at 1:45 PM, boydeste said:

We always had a Catherine wheel, along with all the bangers and pretty rockets my parents could afford. As youngsters our greatest fun was had by lighting our sparklers in the coal boiler in the kitchen then running outside to pretend we had a wand.

Ah!  The good old days of bonfire night. Those sparklers when lit had a lovely smell to them. 

I used to love going to the local shop to buy bangers as an under aged kid.. God we were stupid in those days... Light a banger, hold on to it for as long as you dare then throw it into the air. Boom. I'm surprised I've still got 3 fingers!!! 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Ah!  The good old days of bonfire night. Those sparklers when lit had a lovely smell to them. 

I used to love going to the local shop to buy bangers as an under aged kid.. God we were stupid in those days... Light a banger, hold on to it for as long as you dare then throw it into the air. Boom. I'm surprised I've still got 3 fingers!!! 

Pretty sure that's what has caused tinnitus in my later years. I had stupidly picked up one that hadn't gone off. When I got it to about eye level the fuse sparked to life again. Just as I let it go it went off. Luckily only minor burns to my fingers, but my right ear rang for a couple of days.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1