You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

The Mach Loop - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_Loop

00:00 F-15E Strike Eagle / 01:01 A-400M Atlas / 01:44 GR-4 Tornado / 02:09 MV-22 Osprey / 02:45 F-15C Eagle / 03:39 F-15E Strike Eagle / 03:55 GR-4 Tornado / 04:29 F-15C Eagle / 05:22 JAS-39 Gripen / 05:44 F/A-18C Hornet / 06:09 CF-18A Hornet (Canadian Air Force Demonstration Team) / 06:45 MV-22 Osprey

I just love the Clint Eastwood westerns and this is probably my favourite - For a Few Dollars More.

Sergio Leone was a brilliant director and this end sequence, for me, is just the brilliant. It has everything, including incredible music.

It also typifies Lee Van Cleef too, as he rides into the sunset with his straight hat, plus the humour element of Clint Eastwood counting his bounty.

Must have watched this movie 50+ times . . . 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

F15, C17 (largest aircraft ever flown through the Mach Loop), A400M, F16, Merlin, Tornado GR4, Typhoon FGR4, CH47 Chinook (with crew chief waving out the side door), C130 Hercules.

Edited by Shaksey

48 minutes ago, Britboy said:

I just love the Clint Eastwood westerns and this is probably my favourite - For a Few Dollars More.

Sergio Leone was a brilliant director and this end sequence, for me, is just the brilliant. It has everything, including incredible music.

It also typifies Lee Van Cleef too, as he rides into the sunset with his straight hat, plus the humour element of Clint Eastwood counting his bounty.

Must have watched this movie 50+ times . . . 

Brilliant.

I randomly turned on the telly last Fri night and this was on, pretty much at this point in the film!

52 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

F15, C17 (largest aircraft ever flown through the Mach Loop), A400M, F16, Merlin, Tornado GR4, Typhoon FGR4, CH47 Chinook (with crew chief waving out the side door), C130 Hercules.

Tfp shaksey. 

Seen these before many a time and they are brilliant. Wonderful machines in wonderful settings. 

Somehow, driving my Audi over the M62 doesn't create the same feeling! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Tfp shaksey. 

Seen these before many a time and they are brilliant. Wonderful machines in wonderful settings. 

Somehow, driving my Audi over the M62 doesn't create the same feeling! 

Yes the M62 is good but not that good 😁 I do like driving it Leeds - Liv,  the climb up to the peak where it's the highest motorway in England and then the smooth flowing descent back down again. The marooned farm always makes me laugh too. Shame they're fecking it up with 'Smart Motorway' crap 🙁

41 minutes ago, alias said:

The live version on the Alchemy album is my favourite guitar solo of all time.

There was a time when I did a lot of motorway driving in the UK and I never tired of keep playing it at full volume in the car. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

For the ones that miss Pattaya....

Just looking through that video makes me think that the Pattaya Music Festival is not as big as it used to be.

About 12 years ago they had about 3 stages positioned at major road intersection on beach road up to Dolphin Circle.  The place was beyond packed and getting to the music areas was worse than any traffic I had ever known.  In fact one time I had traveled from the dark side to the festival via Pattaya North road and it had taken me an hour before I realised I was not going any further, traffic was at a standstill and I was only on a motorbike, I just went home.

The video doesn't show any busy periods although obviously some shots are of the night time; has the Pattaya Music Festival downsized or is it really that dead with the Bangkokians not coming in their droves as they used to.

When I see this video, it always makes me chuckle, it also makes me miss the Philippines and my usual hotel of choice, the Pacific Breeze.  A great hotel with prices starting at around 2100 pesos (THB 1260). My normal room is the Executive at 2500 pesos (1500 baht), it is also in the main building (as seen in video), the cheaper rooms are in an annex across from the main entrance. 

I just like the video, all the particpanst are staff and there are some nice looking staff.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

When I see this video, it always makes me chuckle, it also makes me miss the Philippines and my usual hotel of choice, the Pacific Breeze.  A great hotel with prices starting at around 2100 pesos (THB 1260). My normal room is the Executive at 2500 pesos (1500 baht), it is also in the main building (as seen in video), the cheaper rooms are in an annex across from the main entrance. 

I just like the video, all the particpanst are staff and there are some nice looking staff.

Is there a lift in the hotel ? 555