You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

On 5/15/2023 at 9:02 AM, Yessongs said:

Alright, as a 10 year old living in Los Angeles, I used to be a "bad ass" roller skater at the Holiday Roller Rink every Sunday from 12:00pm-5:00pm, it was $2 for the whole day. Mom reminded me of that a few years back. She had to pay. 

They would play this song "I'm into something good" by Hermans Hermits. I am amazed at some of the shit I can remember from 57 years ago....seriously. 

This is your " feel good" story for the day..................you're welcome LOL! 

"Hellooooo" 

Amazing, is it still the original band with Peter?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I have to admit that years ago when I visited the Tower of London (along with a short tour of the Crown Jewels) I became a bit emotional. I am not sure why really. I suppose the depth of the history really moved me. 

I repspect the pagentry and history of the Crown and many things that come with it, while at the same time I am kind of put off with it all. Seems to be kind of awkward in todays world. 

Honestly... the crowns on the heads of the King and Queen looked ridiculous. And they both looked like they didn't even want to be there.

Hammer away at me if you like, just sharing my thoughts and perceptions.

:default_527:

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I have to admit that years ago when I visited the Tower of London (along with a short tour of the Crown Jewels) I became a bit emotional. I am not sure why really. I suppose the depth of the history really moved me. 

I have mentioned a few times that in 1975 I performed public duties at The Tower when I was in the Devon and Dorsets. This basically meant standing on duty, marching up and down and carrying out the Ceremony of The Keys at night.

After finishing off that stint I was off for my jungle training ..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have mentioned a few times that in 1975 I performed public duties at The Tower when I was in the Devon and Dorsets. This basically meant standing on duty, marching up and down and carrying out the Ceremony of The Keys at night.

After finishing off that stint I was off for my jungle training ..

I remember my father telling me that he also performed duties at the Tower of London, either just prior to, during or just after the war. Unfortunately I can't ask him to verify what year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I remember my father telling me that he also performed duties at the Tower of London, either just prior to, during or just after the war. Unfortunately I can't ask him to verify what year.

If you wanted to you could send away for his military records , I did for my Granddad) https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/apply-for-someone-elses-records

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Jesus Christ, e-mail me your bank acct information and I will make a "nice deposit" for you to buy your next "electric" you want LOL! 

That wasn't the kind of deposit I have in mind. 🥰

• Haha 3