103 FM problems?

Toy Boy

I like listening to a small community station here at home which has some good music and features and no commercial advertising - it's kind of a shoestring operation and occasionally it will be off the air for a day or two, or cut out in the middle of something but it's no big deal. Once the laptop which they use to run the station got stuck in the "A" part of its selection and would play nothing but the Alan Parsons Project for a week - good thing I like APP but a solid week's worth got to be a little much after a while, lol...

• Thumbs Up 1

oh dear.  well at least you know why i have been off ere for weeks.  so without further ado i will cover it all

the problems have been numerous, and to make it worse all unrelated.

1.. our main digital network blew a vital unit.  that took us off until i got it repaired which was a mega task

2.. a w10 update fucked up so much that i couldnt do it on my own as i hate w10.  most of our system is linux but the actual playout network has to be 10 for the software to work.  thats now been finally recified

3.. the transmitter in a differnet room blew.  its government sealed so i cant open it, had to wait for the techs to come.. thats done

4. in BKK the streaming company crashed, and they are huge so while on the fm we were not o the net.  we are moving companies but meanwhile can be heard  

https://tunein.com/radio/Fabulous-Pattaya-103-fm-s167318/

i purposely set tunein a=with a separate strem url in case this happened

and yes, we run on a show string but no song played for a week, hahaha.  in fact the playlist worked, just losts of shite

so there ya go, the life of a roc star.. soldering, begging and riggin things

and please, share this to t visa as i cant go on there right now, as am working from my phone

thanks

tommy

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/2/2021 at 11:39 AM, fygjam said:

I think @Jambooverloaded the transmitter.

Get him to turn his radio off and listen to his old 8-track, bought with the money from his first paper round, instead.

I bought a Dansette Major record player with the Christmas Tips from my morning paper round. Way before the advent of 8-tracks.

The exact same record player is in a Museum in Edinburgh in an exhibit entitled "Technology through the ages."  🤣

7 hours ago, tommy dee said:

and yes, we run on a show string but no song played for a week, hahaha.  in fact the playlist worked, just losts of shite

I cannot say I noticed a lot of difference. 🤣

I did learn I can pig out on as much as you can eat chocolate at the Holiday Inn for 400 baht today.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1