Bringing complete topics from other forums.

roobob

Why do some bring complete topics from other forums instead of starting the topic afresh on here???

Importing the topic also brings posts from BMs from the other forum who posted in good faith that their input was for the forum that they are members of only ...not other forums. I would say the same as here...most BMs post here as this is where we want our posts to be...not anywhere else.

I understand that in this day and age once on the internet things will bee seen/moved around... but are the posts here....or on any other forum have a copy right on them??

I understand the posting of news reports..etc... to add more info to a post ..... but I think that bringing entire topics from another forum or taking whole topics from here to another forum is just a case of laziness and also a case bad manners..... and against forum etiquette. .

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, roobob said:

Why do some bring complete topics from other forums instead of starting the topic afresh on here???

Importing the topic also brings posts from BMs from the other forum who posted in good faith that their input was for the forum that they are members of only ...not other forums. I would say the same as here...most BMs post here as this is where we want our posts to be...not anywhere else.

I understand that in this day and age once on the internet things will bee seen/moved around... but are the posts here....or on any other forum have a copy right on them??

I understand the posting of news reports..etc... to add more info to a post ..... but I think that bringing entire topics from another forum or taking whole topics from here to another forum is just a case of laziness and also a case bad manners..... and against forum etiquette. .

cheers

Can you give a few examples, Bob, if you please?

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, roobob said:

They seem mainly to be paste and copy of complete topics from thaivisa...... the latest one is about 103 problems.

cheers

Are you referring to this post? It only provides a link to TV, not a C&P of the posts from that forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what's the problem? Some BM's post on 3 or 4 different forums, so why cant they cut and paste their own threads to each forum! Each forum will garner different posts and views on the same topic, so apart from copying the initial OP post to each forum, each topic is going to be different!

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Are you referring to this post? It only provides a link to TV, not a C&P of the posts from that forum.

For me it does.... it shows the whole topic from go to wo...

cheers

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

So what's the problem? Some BM's post on 3 or 4 different forums, so why cant they cut and paste their own threads to each forum! Each forum will garner different posts and views on the same topic, so apart from copying the initial OP post to each forum, each topic is going to be different!

Agree.....some posters are on a number of forums.....but not all.... and some posters post on a particular forum because that is where they want their posts to be and stay.

cheers

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

For me it does.... it shows the whole topic from go to wo...

cheers

I have to click on the link to see the posts in TV. Is that what you're doing, clicking on the link? If so, no different from any other links that get posted that when clicked on take you to another site. No C&P happening, other than the C&P of the link itself. Just a BM providing a link to another source of info.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I have to click on the link to see the posts in TV. Is that what you're doing, clicking on the link? If so, no different from any other links that get posted that when clicked on take you to another site. No C&P happening, other than the C&P of the link itself. Just a BM providing a link to another source of info.

Yes.. I click on the link which opens up the whole topic on another forum with their member's comments.

Disagree... posting of a news link is just that... a news link. Copying an entire topic from a forum with their member's comments to another forum is a different kettle of fish IMO.

Like I said... if you want to have the same topic...why not start one on the forum you are a member of and get comments from the BMs there..... it would take the same time...probably less time.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

^^^
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that as it's a link not a C&P of content from another forum. If you don't want to see posts on another forum, don't click the link. Pretty simple really.

Fair enough..... be it C&P or just a link....it shows the entire topic and the other forum's BMs who contributed to it.

The main reason a link is put into a post is for the other BMs to click on it..... but if the BM started the topic anew on the forum he is a member of ....there would be no need for the other forum's entire topic...be it C&P or link... to be posted.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, roobob said:

2 hours ago, john luke said:

Can you give a few examples, Bob, if you please?

The OP suggests that there is more than one occurrence. Perhaps roobob can give another example.

14 minutes ago, Bazle said:

The OP suggests that there is more than one occurrence. Perhaps roobob can give another example.

The search function is a good tool to use...it will show up a few.

Here are a few topics with the same example.....

Airline News & Info

Covid 19 Global (Non Thailand) Posts

Covid 19 Related to Thailand Posts

Maybe a glimmer of hope

Is it Raining in Pattaya

Smokers beware

Here is one you may be familiar with..... Go Go Bars in The Avenue

cheers

• Sad 2

Just to confirm what Forcebewithu said, I copied a link from Thai Visa, not a whole topic, and it wasn't my topic to begin with. I thought that @tommy dee might be interested to see the comments there in case he's too busy to follow Thai Visa, and maybe he would want to post a comment on that TV topic explaining why there are currently some problems with the station reception, rather than just letting the TV posters slag 103 FM off.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Couldn't care less if i tried!

More topics the better!

Jeez!

Agree... more topics the better...... but my point is why bring entire topics from other forums with all their BMs comments to here. Why not just start the topic anew.

cheers

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, roobob said:

The search function is a good tool to use...it will show up a few.

Here are a few topics with the same example.....

Airline News & Info

Covid 19 Global (Non Thailand) Posts

Covid 19 Related to Thailand Posts

Maybe a glimmer of hope

Is it Raining in Pattaya

Smokers beware

Here is one you may be familiar with..... Go Go Bars in The Avenue

cheers

All those examples have posts which link/C&P whole  topics from another forum. 

In fact the one @Bazle posted in the Go Go Bars in the Avenue .... it is over 15 pages long with all BMs posts showing.

cheers   

9 minutes ago, roobob said:

All those examples have posts which link/C&P whole  topics from another forum. 

In fact the one @Bazle posted in the Go Go Bars in the Avenue .... it is over 15 pages long with all BMs posts showing.

cheers   

I assume you are referring to this post:

It has taken you over 15 months to complain about it! And I don't see your problem.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I assume you are referring to this post:

It has taken you over 15 months to complain about it! And I don't see your problem.

I was asked by you actually...see below.... to provide more examples of what I was talking about which I duly did.

cheers 

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

11 minutes ago, roobob said:

I was asked by you actually...see below.... to provide more examples of what I was talking about which I duly did.

cheers 

Indeed, and thank you.

I asked for another example of what you are complaining about, and you supplied it. I'm now asking why it has taken you so long.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Indeed, and thank you.

I asked for another example of what you are complaining about, and you supplied it. I'm now asking why it has taken you so long.

As it has been constantly going on for awhile.......and after it happened again today.... I decided to start the topic.

cheers