Bringing complete topics from other forums.

roobob

If your that concerned about people cutting and pasting posts or threads from one forum to another forum and another forum and another forum and another forum, I would kindly suggest you give up on reading and posting on forums and stick to Facebook and MSM websites instead!

Although I dont see you disappearing from any forum in the very near future!

Cheers! LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

Fucking hell.......what a load of drama about nothing.......who gives a f**k 🙄

Going from the replies.....I say a few do.

I asked a simple questions.... but it seems that a few have got their knickers in a knot over the question being asked. 😎😎

cheers 

To be fair, i follow Thai Visa on Facebook. 

If i see a topic that i think it interesting, i'll have a read, and a lot of times it has a link to an 'outside source' like some media outlet or other. 

If i decide to post the topic here, i usually click on the link to the outside media outlet, mostly an online paper or whatever, and bring that link, not the Thai Visa one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roobob said:

Going from the replies.....I say a few do.

I asked a simple questions.... but it seems that a few have got their knickers in a knot over the question being asked. 😎😎

cheers 

From your OP I’d suggest it’s actually you with your knickers in a twist.....

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

To be fair, i follow Thai Visa on Facebook. 

If i see a topic that i think it interesting, i'll have a read, and a lot of times it has a link to an 'outside source' like some media outlet or other. 

If i decide to post the topic here, i usually click on the link to the outside media outlet, mostly an online paper or whatever, and bring that link, not the Thai Visa one. 

Thanks...that is what I am saying but probably not in the correct way as you have put it across.

cheers 

9 hours ago, roobob said:

I could have worded my topic better....but my point is in those examples I have given.... you click on the links that are posted and the entire topic along with all BMs board names from another forum is posted to here.

cheers

Just for information, you seem to have a misunderstanding of how links work.

When you click on a link, you are redirected to the source, in this case you are taken to the Thai visa forum. You are now over there and not here. Nothing is posted here from that forum. You can close this forum down and carry on over there.

This generates traffic to that forum and as it looks like TV have lots of advertising to support them, they will encourage as much traffic as posible and these links will be welcomed.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Just for information, you seem to have a misunderstanding of how links work.

When you click on a link, you are redirected to the source, in this case you are taken to the Thai visa forum. You are now over there and not here. Nothing is posted here from that forum. You can close this forum down and carry on over there.

This generates traffic to that forum and as it looks like TV have lots of advertising to support them, they will encourage as much traffic as posible and these links will be welcomed.

I understand that...but when you click on the link it shows the whole topic with all the other forums BMs. Something is here from that forum...the link which opens the whole topic over at the other forum.

If I wanted to read the other forum's topic .as you say... I would go there. 

If you want to start the same topic here...why not just start anew and get input, discussion and participation from BMs here...that is what the forum is for...... instead of importing it from another forum. We should be generating traffic to this forum first. 

cheers

Edited by roobob

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

I understand that...but when you click on the link it shows the whole topic with all the other forums BMs.

Yes of course because they have posted in the public domain, so it's visable to everyone.

After reading your suggestion that our esteemed lawn mower engineer was telling porkies about being able to read it as a non forum member, I took a look myself. Sure enough you don't need to log in to read it.

10 minutes ago, roobob said:

If you want to start the same topic here...why not just start anew and get input, discussion and participation from BMs here...that is what the forum is for...... instead of importing it from another forum.

cheers

That is exactly what he did, he started a new topic here for discussion about what was posted over there and posted the link for reference.

He has imported nothing. :default_1087:

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yes of course because they have posted in the public domain, so it's visable to everyone.

After reading your suggestion that our esteemed lawn mower engineer was telling porkies about being able to read it as a non forum member, I took a look myself. Sure enough you don't need to log in to read it.

Thankyou. I'm glad it wasnt just me who read that...!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Thank you for agreeing with me...yes when you open the link here you can see the whole topic from another forum.

I am asking why even post the link here...why not just start the topic anew here and get input/participation and discussion from our members here.

cheers

1 minute ago, roobob said:

Thank you for agreeing with me...yes when you open the link here you can see the whole topic from another forum.

I am asking why even post the link here...why not just start the topic anew here and get input/participation and discussion from our members here.

cheers

I agree that the link works, didn't think that was in question!

As I have previously explaned above, the subject of the discussion was what was posted over there.

Anyway, by opening this thread you have probably generated more traffic for TV than ever as many will have taken a look to see what all the fuss is about, myself included.

Personally I am grateful for all the threads started here, especially ones that generate discussion such as this one, whether you agree with the content or not.

Providing links for reference is also just as important and long may it last.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

I agree that the link works, didn't think that was in question!

As I have previously explaned above, the subject of the discussion was what was posted over there.

Anyway, by opening this thread you have probably generated more traffic for TV than ever as many will have taken a look to see what all the fuss is about, myself included.

Personally I am grateful for all the threads started here, especially ones that generate discussion such as this one, whether you agree with the content or not.

Providing links for reference is also just as important and long may it last.

I agree that new topics started here whether you agree with them or not is good.....I also agree that references are important in topics..... but what I do not agree with is links that import full topics from other forums to here or indeed someone taking a full topic from here and importing it somewhere else..... to me it should not be on.... call inter forum etiquette for want of a word.

cheers

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

This thread is about as exciting as wifey telling me she made bread for me yesterday...

@roobob In honor of you today, I am going to sit down and wifey and I will "hab" a Corona together, while having the  bread she made and she will teach me some Issan Language while sitting at the new cement table we bought LOL! 

Sorry.....I just couldn't resist? Kao Jai Mai Krap? 

IMG_4288.JPG

Table-Bench-IMG_4348-650.jpeg

Great to see you and wifey bringing some Issan culture to your home country mate. Going by the design of the table I would say it is a northeastern design with an influence of Khon Khan flavour. 

I am sure you both will enjoy some cold sundowners snacking on your freshly made bread..... 😎

Hope you are both well.

cheers  

• Like 1