The Derek Chauvin George Floyd Murder Trial.

Kathmandu

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

They are not all pricks who draw their guns right away. Saw one poor bugger who just lost his life in New Mexico, he chose to speak nicely, from the passenger side to a guy in a truck with an AR-15 or similar. Just when you hear him ask for the weapon to please be in plain view, and the killer to step out, guy grabbed the rifle, got out,  and fired over the truck, then finished off the cop execution style. 

Now I know why these guys are on edge, they never know if this could be their last day on Earth. This cop was way too patient with the offender, especially having no partner to back him up. And his 4th kid is on the way.....poor family. But CNN won’t broadcast this story I guess 

CNN isn’t covering this murder from February now because the cop killer died 40 miles down the road in a shootout with other officers.  There’s nothing left for them to report two months later.

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

They are not all pricks who draw their guns right away. Saw one poor bugger who just lost his life in New Mexico, he chose to speak nicely, from the passenger side to a guy in a truck with an AR-15 or similar. Just when you hear him ask for the weapon to please be in plain view, and the killer to step out, guy grabbed the rifle, got out,  and fired over the truck, then finished off the cop execution style. 
Now I know why these guys are on edge, they never know if this could be their last day on Earth. This cop was way too patient with the offender, especially having no partner to back him up. And his 4th kid is on the way.....poor family. But CNN won’t broadcast this story I guess 

You are referring to the shooting of New Mexico State Police Officer Darian Jarrott.  In the video below, you will see the last 3.5 minutes of his life, plus the end for his killer in a separate confrontation.

Officer Jarrott was only 28 years old.  He leaves behind a wife and three children, with a fourth on the way.

You can read more about the drug dealer who killed him here:    New details emerge about ‘violent criminal’ who died in shootout after killing NMSP officer

xxxxxxx

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

The truth about Duante Wright. The 20 year Grade A student who loved him momma and his puppies and painting ceramics ........... not quite. I had heard he was a wannabe gangsta thug but searched in vain for it on the media BBC etc.

This Officer Tatum podcast is a great way to spend 15 minutes talks such common sense cannot recommend it enough.

I agree.  Brandon Tatum has an excellent YouTube channel.  His analysis is spot on and he has access to sources within the Black community that aren't generally available to the mainstream media.  Here's his latest on the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSXdhKnqWc&t=495s

Evil

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's always helps to consider a range of perspectives on media personalities, their backgrounds, current political affiliations, and their motives. Tatum's popularity is relatively new. It will be interesting to see if it continues.

For balance...

Ex-Cop Brandon Tatum’s Success Doesn’t Disprove White Privilege

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/17/brandon-tatum-white-privilege/

Brandon Tatum

Brandon Tatum is a conservative commentator and a former Tucson, Ariz., police officer.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/brandon-tatum/

Capture.JPG

7 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

You are referring to the shooting of New Mexico State Police Officer Darian Jarrott.  In the video below, you will see the last 3.5 minutes of his life, plus the end for his killer in a separate confrontation.

Officer Jarrott was only 28 years old.  He leaves behind a wife and three children, with a fourth on the way.

You can read more about the drug dealer who killed him here:    New details emerge about ‘violent criminal’ who died in shootout after killing NMSP officer

xxxxxxx

I agree.  Brandon Tatum has an excellent YouTube channel.  His analysis is spot on and he has access to sources within the Black community that aren't generally available to the mainstream media.  Here's his latest on the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSXdhKnqWc&t=495s

Evil

Glad that POS is dead, no more dealing ice to vulnerable people and ruining any more peoples lives.

This thread has been drifting off course since the verdict came down and that's cool. But why not start a new thread about the dangers of policing and shut this one down? 

The trial is over and the decision is in, so the topic is no longer relevant.

18 hours ago, lazarus said:

It's always helps to consider a range of perspectives on media personalities, their backgrounds, current political affiliations, and their motives. Tatum's popularity is relatively new. It will be interesting to see if it continues.

For balance...

Ex-Cop Brandon Tatum’s Success Doesn’t Disprove White Privilege

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/17/brandon-tatum-white-privilege/

Brandon Tatum

Brandon Tatum is a conservative commentator and a former Tucson, Ariz., police officer.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/brandon-tatum/

Capture.JPG

Another black conservative who flushes the typical narrative being promulgated by the MSM and the race-bait charlatans that continue to foster a divide between white and black America.

Just more snopes gibberish in attempting to dismiss Tatum's very logical positions and anecdotal experiences.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Another black conservative who flushes the typical narrative being promulgated by the MSM and the race-bait charlatans that continue to foster a divide between white and black America.

Just more snopes gibberish in attempting to dismiss Tatum's very logical positions and anecdotal experiences.

Must be at least 10 now...

3 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Tatum for President.  About time we had someone who's trying to bridge the divide rather than spread hate and vitriol.  MSM will plant the seeds and the sheeple follow. 

Don't get me wrong Chauvin should have gone about that arrest of George Floyd  quite differently, but most black murders are committed by black gangbangers  and drug fraternity, now when that happens no-one complains about that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

This rat bastard is the next to go down.

FE-Tou-Thao-FB-20200527-09_29_25jpg-JS585504249.jpg

Just curious, what does everyone think about the other 3 cops who pretty much stood around and did nothing?  I think the jury was pretty clear and concise on Chauvin, maybe another 12 jurors will see these guys differently? I bet all of their attorneys throw Chauvin under the bus big time. I believe 2 of them we early on in their careers and Chauvin was their training officer? 

I am going to make a prediction that each of these other 3 get 5 years in prison as an accessory to all of this. I personally hope so, sends a clear message. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just curious, what does everyone think about the other 3 cops who pretty much stood around and did nothing?  I think the jury was pretty clear and concise on Chauvin, maybe another 12 jurors will see these guys differently? I bet all of their attorneys throw Chauvin under the bus big time. I believe 2 of them we early on in their careers and Chauvin was their training officer? 

I am going to make a prediction that each of these other 3 get 5 years in prison as an accessory to all of this. I personally hope so, sends a clear message. 

Yeah, jail sentences are on the horizon for the other three. The "blue wall" is an insidious aspect of US policing.

Food for thought...

Moving forward requires a comprehensive societal examination of why US police are killing so many citizens.

. . .

American Police Are Inadequately Trained
Officers in the United States don’t get as much instruction as police in other rich countries.

In response to the high rate at which American police kill civilians, many on the left have taken up the call for defunding the police, or abolishing the police entirely. But some policing experts are instead emphasizing a different approach that they say could reduce police killings: training officers better, longer, and on different subjects. “We have one of the worst police-training academies in comparison to other democratic countries,” Maria Haberfeld, a police-science professor at John Jay College, told me.

Police in the United States receive less initial training than their counterparts in other rich countries—about five months in a classroom and another three or so months in the field, on average. Many European nations, meanwhile, have something more akin to police universities, which can take three or four years to complete. European countries also have national standards for various elements of a police officer’s job—such as how to search a car and when to use a baton. The U.S. does not.

The 18,000 police departments in the U.S. each have their own rules and requirements. But although police reform is a contentious subject, the inadequacy of the current training provides a rare point of relative consensus: “Police officers, police chiefs, and everyone agree that we do not get enough training in a myriad of fields,” Dennis Slocumb, the legislative director of the International Union of Police Associations, told me...

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GoggoBeast said:

Tatum for President.  About time we had someone who's trying to bridge the divide rather than spread hate and vitriol.  MSM will plant the seeds and the sheeple follow. 

Don't get me wrong Chauvin should have gone about that arrest of George Floyd  quite differently, but most black murders are committed by black gangbangers  and drug fraternity, now when that happens no-one complains about that.

Yup, just like saw with that huge 15 year old who got shot just before she stabbed someone to death. And the guy yelling “you just shot a kid” but who also kicked someone in the head, right in front of the cops......WTF goes on in these people’s minds? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Yup, just like saw with that huge 15 year old who got shot just before she stabbed someone to death. And the guy yelling “you just shot a kid” but who also kicked someone in the head, right in front of the cops......WTF goes on in these people’s minds? 

I think the US changed with the Jerry Springer Show that began back in the 1990s & ran until 2018.

People were encouraged to go off on & attack each other...especially Black folks...all for entertainment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jerry_Springer_Show

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lazarus said:

The thread continues to digress. 

At least Chauvin got a fair trial.

Gets to rot in jail. Fun place for white cops who murder black guys.

Thanks to idiotic posts like yours.

Though Chauvin got what he deserved, make no mistake, that trial was anything but "fair". The change of venue should have been allowed, the jury should have been sequestered for the entire time. The outside mob was threatening to riot, loot and destroy downtown Minneapolis, to say nothing of the major metro areas throughout America. And the media was standing by ready, willing, and gas lighting their reports with buzz words that hype the proceedings.

Then you had the "influence" of certain politicians and social justice types "demanding" the jury return a guilty verdict. Maxine Waters not only should be censured for her "insurrectionist" remarks, she should be tossed out of Congress, since her words poured gasoline on an already emotionally embroiled crowd. She said Trump needed to be impeached a few months ago for what he said, and by that very same standard, she should too.

And finally, the Floyd family was awarded a $27 million judgement to settle a civil suit against the city before the trial ever started. THAT should have been tabled until AFTER the trial was complete.

All these actions when added up, give plenty of fuel for the defense to appeal the case. Chauvin did what he did and will pay a price when the sentencing is announced by the judge at a later date. But regardless of the sentence the judge hands down, Chauvin will most certainly be awarded a new trial on appeal.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Though Chauvin got what he deserved, make no mistake, that trial was anything but "fair". The change of venue should have been allowed, the jury should have been sequestered for the entire time. The outside mob was threatening to riot, loot and destroy downtown Minneapolis, to say nothing of the major metro areas throughout America. And the media was standing by ready, willing, and gas lighting their reports with buzz words that hype the proceedings.

Then you had the "influence" of certain politicians and social justice types "demanding" the jury return a guilty verdict. Maxine Waters not only should be censured for her "insurrectionist" remarks, she should be tossed out of Congress, since her words poured gasoline on an already emotionally embroiled crowd. She said Trump needed to be impeached a few months ago for what he said, and by that very same standard, she should too.

And finally, the Floyd family was awarded a $27 million judgement to settle a civil suit against the city before the trial ever started. THAT should have been tabled until AFTER the trial was complete.

All these actions when added up, give plenty of fuel for the defense to appeal the case. Chauvin did what he did and will pay a price when the sentencing is announced by the judge at a later date. But regardless of the sentence the judge hands down, Chauvin will most certainly be awarded a new trial on appeal.

How do you prove any of the jurors saw anything about the trial in the media?  Will any of them admit to disregarding the judge’s order to avoid media coverage? Unless there’s proof of a tainted jury, they’ll need to look elsewhere for an appeal.

Many years ago, Charles Manson held up a newspaper headline for his jury to see, but this didn’t help him get a mistrial. 7E18D412-A045-406A-A9FE-CA4C8B54BF51.jpeg

• Great Info 2

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yeah, jail sentences are on the horizon for the other three. The "blue wall" is an insidious aspect of US policing.

Food for thought...

Moving forward requires a comprehensive societal examination of why US police are killing so many citizens.

. . .

American Police Are Inadequately Trained
Officers in the United States don’t get as much instruction as police in other rich countries.

In response to the high rate at which American police kill civilians, many on the left have taken up the call for defunding the police, or abolishing the police entirely. But some policing experts are instead emphasizing a different approach that they say could reduce police killings: training officers better, longer, and on different subjects. “We have one of the worst police-training academies in comparison to other democratic countries,” Maria Haberfeld, a police-science professor at John Jay College, told me.

Police in the United States receive less initial training than their counterparts in other rich countries—about five months in a classroom and another three or so months in the field, on average. Many European nations, meanwhile, have something more akin to police universities, which can take three or four years to complete. European countries also have national standards for various elements of a police officer’s job—such as how to search a car and when to use a baton. The U.S. does not.

The 18,000 police departments in the U.S. each have their own rules and requirements. But although police reform is a contentious subject, the inadequacy of the current training provides a rare point of relative consensus: “Police officers, police chiefs, and everyone agree that we do not get enough training in a myriad of fields,” Dennis Slocumb, the legislative director of the International Union of Police Associations, told me...

Was out with my black American friend here in Australia the other night and we saw some police talking to some people who had been drinking and were a little bit rowdy , his comment was I can't believe the difference in how the police handle situations compared to back in his country.

I think our cops only receive about six months training, the rest is learned out on the street with other officers. Occasionally you get a cop fuck up here to, but mostly it's just a bit of "biffo"  (punched). The main difference is that our civilian population don't carry guns around with them. Our main issues are drunkeness around the nightclub sector on a weekend and methheads having some kind of a freak out, occasionally when they turn violent and if they grab a knife,  they might get shot but it is rare though that someone gets shot over here.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, GoggoBeast said:

Was out with my black American friend here in Australia the other night and we saw some police talking to some p3eople who had been drinking and were a little bit rowdy , his comment was I can't believe the difference in how the police handle situations compared to back in his country.   I think our cops only receive about six months training, the rest is learned out on the street with other officers. Occasionally you get a cop f**k up here to, but mostly it's just a bit of "biffo"  (punched). The main difference is that our civilian population don't carry guns around with them. Our main issues are drunkeness around the nightclub sector on a weekend and methheaads having some kind of a freak out, occasionally when they turn violent and grab a knife they get shot but it is rare that someone gets shot over here.

Yes, in the US cops (LEO) have to be super careful due to the proliferation of illegal weapons. Every interaction with the public has the potential to be a deadly encounter. Can't fault cops for being extra cautious. Unfortunately, too many benign situations end with citizens dead.

A lot of LEO come out of the military. The mindset needed to be a good soldier is much different than that of a public safety officer.  This and a move toward the militarization of law enforcement training and tactics are negative factors.

There needs to be uniformity and standards across the wide public safety spectrum to change the old ways  to address the realties of 21st century police work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Chauvin got a fair trial and maybe he'll get a chance for appeal.

You are just being a drama queen. Too much Fox News will do that even to a normal guy.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yes, in the US cops (LEO) have to be super careful due to the proliferation of illegal weapons. Every interaction with the public has the potential to be a deadly encounter. Can't fault cops for being extra cautious. Unfortunately, too many benign situations end with citizens dead.

<snip>

Saw this article after I posted the above. Just too many guns out there for a civil society to thrive.

. . .

Ghost guns linked to rise in SF shootings as numbers jump

San Francisco police are seizing an increasingly alarming number of untraceable firearms, known as “ghost guns,” that authorities say are part of the reason shootings are surging in The City.

Police have confiscated more and more ghost guns from the streets every year since officials began keeping track of the issue in 2016, from just 6 in the first year to 164 in 2020, according to Police Chief Bill Scott. The most extreme jump occurred from 2019 to 2020, when officers seized 87 more ghost guns than the year prior.

“This is probably just the tip of the iceberg if these are the just the ones that we’ve confiscated,” Scott told the Police Commission Wednesday after releasing the data. “So it’s not indicative of what might be out there.”

Unlike traditional firearms, ghost guns do not have serial numbers that law enforcement can trace back to the buyer or seller after finding the weapons at a crime scene. Ghost guns are typically sold in parts online, without background checks conducted on the buyer or seller, and assembled at home with basic tools....

https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/ghost-guns-linked-to-rise-in-sf-shootings-as-numbers-jump/

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

I think the US changed with the Jerry Springer Show that began back in the 1990s & ran until 2018.

People were encouraged to go off on & attack each other...especially Black folks...all for entertainment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jerry_Springer_Show

Just amazing what some consider "entertainment". I think my IQ dropped at least 10 points just watching the video clip. It's obvious the entire clip was staged, no different than pro wrestling. Another reason I haven't owned a TV for decades.

• Thumbs Up 1