The Derek Chauvin George Floyd Murder Trial.

Kathmandu

2 hours ago, roobob said:

I hope Chauvin has more avenues of appeal as this has clearly been a miscarriage of justice towards him.

He was tried...judged and convicted even before he got to a courtroom.

cheers

So he's already had two trials then and been convicted each time.

What do you wan't, best out of five?

3 hours ago, roobob said:

I hope Chauvin has more avenues of appeal as this has clearly been a miscarriage of justice towards him.

cheers

Here's a quick, simple question for ya Bob.

Do you think he is guilty or not of taking a mans life?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Here's a quick, simple question for ya Bob.

Do you think he is guilty or not of taking a mans life?

I do not think it was a pre planned deliberate act by Chauvin and I think that he is not guilty of murder.

cheers

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

I do not think it was a pre planned deliberate act by Chauvin and I think that he is not guilty of murder.

cheers

But is he guilty of taking a mans life?

6 minutes ago, roobob said:

cheers

One of the charges found guilty was unintentional murder. 

I can't see anything from the court case transcripts where it claims that the murder was pre planned. 

If the murder had been premeditated, he would be facing life sentence or death penalty 

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

But is he guilty of taking a mans life?

I see it different....I see that a man lost his life due to resisting Police in his arrest. The fault of the death lies squarely with George Floyd.... Chauvin was just an innocent pawn in the incident.

cheers

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

One of the charges found guilty was unintentional murder. 

I can't see anything from the court case transcripts where it claims that the murder was pre planned. 

Like I said... he was tried....judged and convicted before he even got into the courtroom.

When Chauvin was called to the incident...he did not go with the plan to murder Floyd. He arrested Floyd... put him in the car....and Floyds death was a result from him resisting arrest.

That is my opinion.

cheers

1 minute ago, roobob said:

I see it different....I see that a man lost his life due to resisting Police in his arrest. The fault of the death lies squarely with George Floyd.... Chauvin was just an innocent pawn in the incident.

cheers

So without putting words in your mouth so to speak, are you answering my basic question with a

No, you don't think he is guilty of taking a mans life?

8 minutes ago, roobob said:

Like I said... he was tried....judged and convicted before he even got into the courtroom.

When Chauvin was called to the incident...he did not go with the plan to murder Floyd. He arrested Floyd... put him in the car....and Floyds death was a result from him resisting arrest.

That is my opinion.

cheers

If the incident had occurred in a time before phone digital video cameras, no doubt it would have been swept under the carpet. 

A large part of the evidence clearly showed that Chauvin continued to pin down the suspect after he had stopped breathing. No one has suggested that Chauvin preplanned the murder

The majority of murders are not preplanned, but that does not mean that the perpetrator is not guilty of murder. 

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

So without putting words in your mouth so to speak, are you answering my basic question with a

No, you don't think he is guilty of taking a mans life?

I said Chauvin is not guilty of murder and Floyd's death was a result of Floyd resisting arrest.

Wordsmith it anyway you want mate,,,,I do not believe Chauvin is guilty of the murder/death of Floyd and he has been railroaded from day one.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, roobob said:

I said Chauvin is not guilty of murder and Floyd's death was a result of Floyd resisting arrest.

Wordsmith it anyway you want mate,,,,I do not believe Chauvin is guilty of the murder/death of Floyd and he has been railroaded from day one.

cheers

Phew, we got there in the end.

It wasn't a trick question, I was just trying to establish whether you were playing Devil's advocate, or you genuinely believed that a police officer has the right to kneel on a humans neck until he choked to death!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It wasn't a trick question, I was just trying to establish whether you were playing Devil's advocate, or you genuinely believed that a police officer has the right to kneel on a humans neck until he choked to death!

tenor (2).gif

• Haha 2

We have our own Dalian Atkinson case in the UK. Ex Villa player. Big guy weed head went bonkers in later life cops tasered him a lot ....... and then kicked him in the head twice so hard he left an imprint on his head.

Not one of the lads thought the jury did not get it right ....... not murder but manslaughter.

In the Chauvin case I hope he rots in a solitary cell under a mountain in Colorado with our old Abu Hamza (aka hooky arm) as his cell mate. But ...... ala Roobob I do feel sorry for the other 3 cops. Chauvin was the senior and the killer and a nasty piece of work.

In court I do not ever recall him saying sorry ???

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Keep wordsmithing mate.... 555 

I believe an officer has the right to use force to arrest someone if they resist arrest. There were two autopsy as far as I know.... and they did not match up....up to you to which one you believe.

cheers

Edited by roobob

9 minutes ago, roobob said:

Keep wordsmithing mate.... 555 

I believe an officer has the right to use force to arrest someone if they resist arrest. There were two autopsy as far as I know.... and they did not match up....up to you to which one you believe.

cheers

Does that include deadly force? 

It's not like Floyd had just assaulted or murdered someone. 

He was suspected of passing a fake 20 dollar bill in a shop. Hardly the crime of the century. He was no danger to the police or to the public at the time of his arrest. Yet it took 4 policeman to arrest him. The other 3 are awaiting trial BTW. He had already been handcuffed before Chauvin knelt on his windpipe. Are you seriously suggesting that he would have got up and run away? 

If it were Robocop maybe, but police officers are supposed to have brains and make logical decisions according to the circumstances 

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

Does that include deadly force? 

It's not like Floyd had just assaulted or murdered someone. 

He was suspected of passing a fake 20 dollar bill in a shop. Hardly the crime of the century. He was no danger to the police or to the public at the time of his arrest. Yet it took 4 policeman to arrest him. The other 3 are awaiting trial BTW. He had already been handcuffed before Chauvin knelt on his windpipe. Are you seriously suggesting that he would have got up and run away? 

If it were Robocop maybe, but police officers are supposed to have brains and make logical decisions according to the circumstances 

Bottom line...he resisted arrest.

He was put in the police vehicle and all was fine. Floyd made the decision...no one else.... to resist arrest and remove himself from the vehicle where police struggled to contain him.

The fault lays fully with George Floyd....all he had to do was sit in the car after being put there by the officers...go to the station and call his lawyer. 

cheers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roobob said:

Bottom line...he resisted arrest.

He was put in the police vehicle and all was fine. Floyd made the decision...no one else.... to resist arrest and remove himself from the vehicle where police struggled to contain him.

The fault lays fully with George Floyd....all he had to do was sit in the car after being put there by the officers...go to the station and call his lawyer. 

cheers

Chauvin was fired by the Minneapolis Police Dept 3 days before being arrested. Perhaps they would also disagree with you. 

10 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Chauvin was fired by the Minneapolis Police Dept 3 days before being arrested. Perhaps they would also disagree with you. 

Procedurally wrong, in my opinion and will no doubt be one of the grounds for appeal.  The correct action would have been to suspend him or place on restricted duties pending the verdict of any trial.  Announcing the multi million dollar  settlement during the juror selection process was also procedurally wrong in my opinion.  The norm is and should always be deal with the criminal allegations before addressing any civil claim or other tribunal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Like I said...he was tried...judged and convicted even before he got to court.

He should have been suspended with no pay/half pay/full pay until it was played out.

cheers

10 minutes ago, john luke said:

Procedurally wrong, in my opinion and will no doubt be one of the grounds for appeal.  The correct action would have been to suspend him or place on restricted duties pending the verdict of any trial.  Announcing the multi million dollar  settlement during the juror selection process was also procedurally wrong in my opinion.  The norm is and should always be deal with the criminal allegations before addressing any civil claim or other tribunal.

An appeal regarding procedure perhaps but surely if he was arrested 3 days later, would it have mattered whether he was, suspended or relieved from duty in relation to the charges made against him and the subsequent trial. 

As far as I am aware, he can only appeal against his sentence and a retrial has been ruled out. 

1 minute ago, roobob said:

Like I said...he was tried...judged and convicted even before he got to court.

He should have been suspended with no pay/half pay/full pay until it was played out.

cheers

So what do you think should have happened? You have already said that you think he was innocent, so do you believe that no charges should have been brought against him and that he simply should have been suspended pending internal police Dept investigations?