Jump to content

Filoli House/Gardens....


Yessongs
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Love your "historic" houses from 1917 ... 😉 

They don't call this the "New World" for nothing - the oldest home in my community dates from 1901 and it certainly isn't as fancy as this one, lol...

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, maipenrai said:

They don't call this the "New World" for nothing - the oldest home in my community dates from 1901 and it certainly isn't as fancy as this one, lol...

I visited a historic house in Phuket Town , afterwards I told my guide that my own house was older 555 😉 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Love your "historic" houses from 1917 ... 😉 

I visited New Zealand back in 2000.... lovely country, great people, but I took slilent exception when a tour guide pointed out a historic building dating from 1949...

@Yessongs reminds me of some of the estates in the UK now maintained by the National Trust. Great pics.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Painter said:

I visited New Zealand back in 2000.... lovely country, great people, but I took slilent exception when a tour guide pointed out a historic building dating from 1949...

@Yessongs reminds me of some of the estates in the UK now maintained by the National Trust. Great pics.

Then my present house must be prehistoric 

Here in nz historic generally means old and significant but 49 is definitely not considered old 

I drive over bridges and through tunnels twice that age

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

Then my present house must be prehistoric 

Here in nz historic generally means old and significant but 49 is definitely not considered old 

I drive over bridges and through tunnels twice that age

like it's occupant? 😉

some of the road rail bridges on south island appeared to be made in the days of horse and cart... it was a bit alarming the first time I drove over a single lane bridge to find I was driving along the railway line! I did think 1949 was pushing it for historic...

 

Edited by Painter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Thanks for the pics Mike, that house looks a bit drab compared to the hot chick in the stunning blue dress!

Your good lady certainly knows how to dress to impress!

I agree completely 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Appreciate all the comments gentlemen, hell I don't know, then what "dates" are considered historic? 1800's? I am not so culturally sound I guess, I just take the pics LOL! 

Still can't believe she found that "Thai" artifact LOL!  That's historic right?  I wonder who convinced the powers to be to put that in an American Historical Landmark? 🇹🇭

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Painter said:

I visited New Zealand back in 2000.... lovely country, great people, but I took slilent exception when a tour guide pointed out a historic building dating from 1949...

@Yessongs reminds me of some of the estates in the UK now maintained by the National Trust. Great pics.

I think I shagged a bird that was born in 1949 once. 

She was more prehistoric than historic. 😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...