Nord VPN headaches

Butch

I love Nord, been using it for a few years now, but since the last update probably about a month ago, each time my PC goes into hibernation and I start it up, my Internet connection is off, my router not found, and even by then disabling Nord after about 5 mins or a restart it then "finds" my internet wifi signal.

My router / Network settings are set to "connect automatically".

I have not raised a ticket with support as yet because I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing that is obvious?.

Running Windows 10 64bit, Mozilla Firefox, Norton AV and Windows Firewall, if that helps.

10 hours ago, Butch said:

I love Nord, been using it for a few years now, but since the last update probably about a month ago, each time my PC goes into hibernation and I start it up, my Internet connection is off, my router not found, and even by then disabling Nord after about 5 mins or a restart it then "finds" my internet wifi signal.

My router / Network settings are set to "connect automatically".

I have not raised a ticket with support as yet because I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing that is obvious?.

Running Windows 10 64bit, Mozilla Firefox, Norton AV and Windows Firewall, if that helps.

I also run the latest version of Nord on Windows but there the similarity ends.

I'm using W7, wired Ethernet connection and I don't run Nord all the time, just start it when I need a VPN shut it down when I'm finished.

However.

I do run a W10 x64 box on WiFi although without Nord.  It's the file server for my security cameras. Cameras upload any alarm videos plus still shots every 30 seconds.

This box runs 24x7 except for hot fix Wednesday when it applies any MS hot fixes and the invariable reboot. And invariably, on the reboot, it can have trouble connecting to WiFi or picks the wrong WiFi network (I run several WiFi networks, doesn't everybody).

I don't know much about Nord, never had any reason to dive under the hood, but I do suspect it requires your PC (or other device) to have a valid internet connection before it can start.

I'd make sure that your PC is connecting to WiFi correctly when coming out of hibernation. Disable Nord or uninstall if necessary.  You can always download and re-install again later.

I've only had to contact Nord support once, when I changed email addresses. Took about 3 days. Main part was establishing my identity, they wanted method of payment, receipt number etc of original subscription before they would "talk" to me. Might be an idea to supply that info first off if you think it necessary to contact Nord.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1