EVA resuming BR068 / BR067 LHR-BKK-TPE flights (erm...Occasionally)

Butch

While not anything like the daily service we all know and love, it is indeed a step in the right direction.

I think this is more aimed towards the LHR-TPE Customers, as the LHR - BKK flights are only one in May and 2 in June with nothing coming back until June though and even then more than a month apart.:

http://mh1.evaair.com/evaair_mhua/mailhunteronlineedm.aspx?k=2aBwE2V4%2frIhBsXYoVfD1osKw7chl0jY7ccA20xGZg0%3d

Anyway, I thought it is at least something positive and illustrative of how the Airlines can be very dynamic in their restructuring and implimenting of routes when they need to.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

While not anything like the daily service we all know and love, it is indeed a step in the right direction.

I think this is more aimed towards the LHR-TPE Customers, as the LHR - BKK flights are only one in May and 2 in June with nothing coming back until June though and even then more than a month apart.:

http://mh1.evaair.com/evaair_mhua/mailhunteronlineedm.aspx?k=2aBwE2V4%2frIhBsXYoVfD1osKw7chl0jY7ccA20xGZg0%3d

Anyway, I thought it is at least something positive and illustrative of how the Airlines can be very dynamic in their restructuring and implimenting of routes when they need to.

I just received that email too, Good news especially if international travel opens up here in May and quarantine rules start to be reduced.

• Like 1

I have flown EVA for the last 16 years, for flight schedules, length and service they are great. But becuase of the of the current tensions between Taiwan and China, I choose to fly Qatar for my early May trip, got a good price on Biz Class Qsuites! Quite a difference 19 hour total trip time verses 23 hours total trip time and 3 days later arrival in BKK. I think I'd rather dodge missiles in the middle east. Never thought I would say that! 

I will be there for the summer. But, great to hear good news from EVA. Service from US never lasped though, many Taiwanese on the West Coast. 

Edited by CalEden
  • Great Info 2

1 hour ago, CalEden said:

I have flown EVA for the last 16 years, for flight schedules, length and service they are great. But becuase of the of the current tensions between Taiwan and China, I choose to fly Qatar for my early May trip, got a good price on Biz Class Qsuites! Quite a difference 19 hour total trip time verses 23 hours total trip time and 3 days later arrival in BKK. I think I'd rather dodge missiles in the middle east. Never thought I would say that! 

I will be there for the summer. But, great to hear good news from EVA. Service from US never lasped though, many Taiwanese on the West Coast. 

Hi Cal

I admit I'm in the dark as to how flights from the USA to Thailand / SEA operate, so would I be right or wrong if I said, say if you were flying NY to BKK, you would have to go across the USA to the West Coast, then across the Pacific to say, Tokyo then onto BKK from there. 3 connections?.

Is your route East coast to Middle East, then onto BKK? - trouble is you lose a chunk of time flying from USA towards Thailand if flying Easterly (I think, or am I confusing myself lol?)

• Thumbs Up 1

Butch my 8 year old is just starting to study geography so they had her color/colour a world map. I took her map and drew the flight routes that will take/took on this trip and the previous.  To share with her class. The Pacific Route is EVA and the Atlantic/Indian Ocean are Qatar: 

Charla's Trip Map.jpg

How many 8 year olds have flown around the world? She was born in Thailand, lived in New Zealand/Australia and now lives the US.

Edited by CalEden
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

36 minutes ago, Butch said:

Hi Cal

I admit I'm in the dark as to how flights from the USA to Thailand / SEA operate, so would I be right or wrong if I said, say if you were flying NY to BKK, you would have to go across the USA to the West Coast, then across the Pacific to say, Tokyo then onto BKK from there. 3 connections?.

Is your route East coast to Middle East, then onto BKK? - trouble is you lose a chunk of time flying from USA towards Thailand if flying Easterly (I think, or am I confusing myself lol?)

EVA has a flight from NYC and flies across US and stops in Taipei, EVA's hub for most flights. Thus, the rational for not taking EVA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got the email earlier as well.

Things heading in the right direction.

Would only book with EVA now i think, not Thai anyway with their 'refund' policy leaving a lot to be desired. EVA refunded me last year no issues.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Got the email earlier as well.

Things heading in the right direction.

Would only book with EVA now i think, not Thai anyway with their 'refund' policy leaving a lot to be desired. EVA refunded me last year no issues.

Same here, EVA's not without sin when it comes to customer service, but they did refund me as well.

I'm not sure if EVA are extending the infinity mileage scheme, I had around 24k miles saved with them this time last year, but not logged in to check!.

One other tip, make sure when you change your passport that you also update it in your Membership, I've been a member since 2000, and after changing my passport I couldn't log in for ages, despite numerous calls to their office, luckily I managed to find my old passport and re set the password using the old passport number.

12 hours ago, Butch said:

Same here, EVA's not without sin when it comes to customer service, but they did refund me as well.

I'm not sure if EVA are extending the infinity mileage scheme, I had around 24k miles saved with them this time last year, but not logged in to check!.

One other tip, make sure when you change your passport that you also update it in your Membership, I've been a member since 2000, and after changing my passport I couldn't log in for ages, despite numerous calls to their office, luckily I managed to find my old passport and re set the password using the old passport number.

I still get infinity emails from them, but haven't been able to log on in ages. Not that i had much, if any, but probably will when we can fly again, as would only book direct from now on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I still get infinity emails from them, but haven't been able to log on in ages. Not that i had much, if any, but probably will when we can fly again, as would only book direct from now on.

Agree, I will only book non stop flights during the pandemic and until such time as there is no worry about red lists/quarantine etc.  With a family the possible added quarantine costs and hassle is just not worth it.

Beyond that I would consider indirect flights as the saving for a family can be enormous, I then would also choose transit stops/airlines where I want to stay a night and sight see on route.

I am waiting for that time in a year or so hopefully where I can fly to Chengdu and take Kataleya to see the pandas before connecting on a day or two later to Thailand.  Where there is a benefit an indirect flight can be a good choice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, simon said:

Love EVA but hoping the prices will come down a bit. Premium economy in January is 700 quid more than economy for a return trip, I can't justify that.  

Last week it was coming in at £1130 or thereabouts, and just checked PE on BA it’s around the same, dates were for Feb.

I paid £784 in May 2019 for PE on Eva, but anything over £900 or so is beyond my threshold of what I want to spend, but despite that I’ll just suck it up and pay it if I have to I guess. I really can’t face economy now with the 10 abreast and one less toilet, plus after an econ trip, my buggered shoulder takes a couple of days to get back to normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Last week it was coming in at £1130 or thereabouts, and just checked PE on BA it’s around the same, dates were for Feb.

I paid £784 in May 2019 for PE on Eva, but anything over £900 or so is beyond my threshold of what I want to spend, but despite that I’ll just suck it up and pay it if I have to I guess. I really can’t face economy now with the 10 abreast and one less toilet, plus after an econ trip, my buggered shoulder takes a couple of days to get back to normal.

Payed 853 in November 2019 but same as yourself suppose I will suck it up & pay. I,m such a Victor Meldrew flying home but premium eases the pain .  I just can't face budget anymore. Flew out once Business to treat myself, OMG even premium can be hard at times but business is just to much.

• Like 1