Gents - How much do you pay for a haircut?

john luke

1 hour ago, john luke said:

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169-Edit.jpg

Harrogate is a bit posh and full of wealthy retired people but blimey steep prices.

My lovely local Polish ladies charge £15 ..... for a haircut only you filthy minded BMs.

I prefer the old Turkish fellas been cutting hair all their lives:

"How you like it cut?"

Silently please !! ..

Then they say No4 and get out the old clippers job done usually about a tenner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Last one in the uk was £8, about 18 months ago. In Thailand 100b 13 months ago.

Like so many I bought some clippers a year ago, for about £30. I'm sure a barber does it better, but....

Edited by Painter

• john luke changed the title to Gents - How much do you pay for a haircut?
4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Haven't paid for a haircut in over a decade, had a pair of clippers with a rotating head then moved to the razor and do it whenever I shave ... last price I paid would have been < £10 

Ditto for me too.

That's one expensive haircut methinks!

Used to pay around £5 to £7 for local barbers near my last 2 UK homes.  In Thailand it was between 100 - 200 baht.

The last year has seen me buy hair clippers and the wife has actually done a really a good job so can't see me going back to a barbers ever again. Nice to be pampered at home by a woman who takes her time compared to some guy who is on the clock.

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

Used to pay around £5 to £7 for local barbers near my last 2 UK homes.  In Thailand it was between 100 - 200 baht.

The last year has seen me buy hair clippers and the wife has actually done a really a good job so can't see me going back to a barbers ever again. Nice to be pampered at home by a woman who takes her time compared to some guy who is on the clock.

Does she ask if you're going anywhere nice on your holidays .. 😉 

• Haha 2

I know Harrogate is a lovely town but that sign I'd expect to see outside a trendy hipster barbers in London, that's a somewhat pretentious pricing structure there, because as far as I'm aware and in my limited understanding of a trade which employs a disproportionate number of homosexuals, the college course for cutting hair is the same. Thus, why the Shop manager and "proprietor" command more money is beyond me.

The bloke inside is either a barber or he is not, time served cutting hair and perfecting bouffants is not a measure of skill level or efficiency. Can't say I've ever seen a "hierarchy" of this particular trade up until now.

As for my haircuts, I often go to the same hairdresser as the Mrs, I find that paying £12 for enjoying a boob in the ear is well worth it.

In Pattaya, 80 bt plus tip. When I asked why so cheap she said no have air.

Now I'm back home I'm learning to cut it myself using electric clippers, a bit dodgy round the ears at the moment. I never get called hansom man here.  :default_cry:

Seeing all the comments here, I’d like to add that many stylists are paid very well for what they do. Had a cab customer about 5 years ago, really cute young thing. She had just done 2 long appointments @ $350 apiece, $700 cash day while my area was in a recession due to oil prices.....sounds like good money to me. 

Speak of the devil, I’m running a youngster around town, lucky guy just did 18 days straight in the oil patch and got a cut on his day off. $40 or 1000 baht, he was out of the shop in under 10 minutes. The guy who owns this place has a gold mine, methinks

When I need a hair cut the clippers come out, when someone nips round for a coffee I give them the clippers & tell them just shave it all off. Most think its hilarious. For me it means no brushing hair in the morning so an extra 10 minutes in bed & no outlay of money. HAPPY DAYS. 

120 Baht at the hairdressing salons by Rompho market in Jomtien. I know several places that will do it for 100 Baht in my area, and even less in the wilder parts of places like Soi Buakhao, but I'm a HiSo type and don't mind flashing the cash for a bit of dash in my hairstyle, lol. Thirty quid though, forget it.

I was paying 50 baht here upcountry. Actually 40 baht with a 10 baht tip. Late last year I decided to grow a beard. After it got pretty long, I decided that I couldn't stand it anymore. I wasn't able to shave it off so I bought a hair clipper. That quickly took off my beard. Since then my wife has been cutting my hair. I also bought a razor that looks like a straight razor to shave my neck. It uses half of a double edge razor blade.