Six for £20 - Fair Price or Not.

john luke

4 hours ago, john luke said:

IMG_0215-Edit.jpg

It is a public house with outdoor seating and tables on the pavement and for benefit of @nampla69 - yes it is Harrogate Centre.  How does the price compare to where you are?

Normally very similar unless you are up in trendy Soho or such like places. Pub spaces outside are like gold dust at the moment and all prices have been skyrocketed. I'm not drinking until at least May 17th when pubs open for real ..... hopefully!! Having just watched Newsnight and horrific reports from India (would be tasteless to say I'm holding my breath) but hope springs eternal.

I've been away for too long. Back in the days when I used to fly EVA from LHR T3, I got fed up with the vast queues at the only pub in the departures area (what the hell was it called?) and tried to get a drink in some of the eateries. It was the same everywhere, no draft beer, but a 330 ml bottle of Bud could be had for a fiver. I was appalled at the price, how could anybody in their right mind afford to pay this much for a tiny bottle of beer?

(A few years later, I finally unglued my pockets and started flying business, and never had to think about the cost of a drink in the airport again, lol)

22 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Probably similar here in Nottingham. Never drink bottles, seems nuts when you can get a pint of drought for about the same price.

I never drink bottled beer in any of the pubs that I frequent, just draft - been that way for years...

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I've been away for too long. Back in the days when I used to fly EVA from LHR T3, I got fed up with the vast queues at the only pub in the departures area (what the hell was it called?)

O'Neills ............ and yes same same but Lord it used to get busy at times even on early flights. then like you got the old upgrades and lounges. Oh t'wer happy days. Crap old Terminal however ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nampla69 said:

O'Neills ............ and yes same same but Lord it used to get busy at times even on early flights. then like you got the old upgrades and lounges. Oh t'wer happy days. Crap old Terminal however ...

Yeah, at least when they changed to the new T2 you had a much better selection of places to drink, though they were still very pricey. My favourite there was the Fuller's pub upstairs. On my last couple of cattle class flights with EVA I discovered that there was a coffee place near their departure gate in the satellite terminal that took ages to get to and it sold small bottles of wine and beer. Again, it was a fiver for a small beer, but at least it was quiet there and you were spitting distance from the gate.

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, at least when they changed to the new T2 you had a much better selection of places to drink, though they were still very pricey. My favourite there was the Fuller's pub upstairs. On my last couple of cattle class flights with EVA I discovered that there was a coffee place near their departure gate in the satellite terminal that took ages to get to and it sold small bottles of wine and beer. Again, it was a fiver for a small beer, but at least it was quiet there and you were spitting distance from the gate.

I always used to have a couple of quick pints before going to the lounges where it's free and help yourself.

Went to that Fullers couple of times when T2 first opened. Really busy just before March 2020 every time I passed.

My favourite place for a livener is that bar under the elevator as you go down towards the Asian flights. Opposite WHSmith's but a lot of people miss it and don't even know it's there. Below Lufthansa lounge. 

Yeah know that coffee place but as you say fiver for booze but sod it its the anticipation of the long flight why not.

Singapore lounge has the best food and wine but United is the nicest again right by the Eva and Thai gates.

I'm writing this to remind myself of happier days ..... 👍

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

IMG_20210410_183917.jpg

49 baht a bottle in Siambury's for a really nice tasting cider.

No Jethro's Olde Kneecraker or Cornwall's Crafte Black Rat at Bottom of the Barrel in Siambury's ...???..

. you'll need a case or two the way Arsenal are playing just now.

• Haha 2