The Covid 19 Poll.

john luke

The Covid 19 Poll.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Was there a viable alternative to various forms of lockdown, pending the distribution of vaccines?

2. 2. Was the requirement to wear masks in indoor locations and or on Public Transport a problem to you?

3. 3. What are your views on the opening of Public Houses for the sale of alcoholic drinks for consumption inside and outside of the premises?

• They should be allowed from the specified date in May 2021 to serve alcohol to customers for consumption inside and outside the premises.
    • They should continue to be allowed to serve alcohol from the specified date in May 2021 only for consumption outside the premises.

I think that if pubs reopen again in May then they should do as last time. Waiter service only, two way traffic control in side, checking people in and only allowing a certain number of people in at any one time. If it is seen to be having an adverse effect on covid spread then, as the warmer weather comes forth then resume to out door drinking only. 

Apart from. Lock downs, social distancing rules, mask wearing  and the latest vaccine roll out,plus testing, I don't think there is much else that the government could have done. Apart from nothing of course😁😁

Still a way to go IMO until we can completely relax and no time room for complacency

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Time to get back to normal as what was the fucking point of vaccinating everyone?. 

The highest risk people are protected, and its time to put an end to this fear that has been drummed into people. 

We cannot live like this long term, it's fucking madness. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Time to get back to normal as what was the fucking point of vaccinating everyone?. 

The highest risk people are protected, and its time to put an end to this fear that has been drummed into people. 

Until we know for sure that we've got this beat I think we have to continue taking precautions.Pubs indoors the same as before,table service & masks if not seated.Fucking madness to throw away what we've gained.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

I agree 100% from May on though its gonna be from June by the looks...

Been back at the gym and it's exactly as it was before Covid thank f**k (though we have to spray shit down after which was always good etiquette anyway)

Edited by roomark
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

I would not disagree with the common sense of "taking precautions" but define what is "we've got this beat."

Covid is never going to just disappear by being completely eradicated. Surely it is going to be like flu that has its own "season"  every year with new versions arising that require there own particular vaccination. There has to be a time when it has to be accepted that despite the vaccination program there are always going to be positive cases  which will result in a minority number of deaths.

I feel really sorry for a whole generation of young adults in the UK who have been deprived for over a year now of both a normal higher education and the enjoyment of a normal social life.

In one

15 hours ago, roomark said:

I agree 100% from May on though its gonna be from June by the looks...

Been back at the gym and it's exactly as it was before Covid thank f**k (though we have to spray shit down after which was always good etiquette anyway)

I rejoined my gym as soon as it reopened.But not 100% the same,they have big lines of treadmills & exercise bikes & every other one is now inoperative.Also you're supposed to wear a mask when not exercising but as far as I can see people only wear one when entering or leaving.....exercise is why you're there I suppose.

I agree we will not completely beat Covid but I think the steps back to normality should be gradual and I think they will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where are you referring to? 

Here in planet Perth (Australia) we will be able to go to pub, if we chose to do so, next week following a sudden lockdown following the first locally acquired case of covid in over a year.  In other parts of the country there are large sporting events (70k + ) and open pubs. While I am required to wear a mask till Saturday following the lockdown, it is annoying to wear at work. Take aways from bottle shops (off licences )have been available through out the lockdown as it is considered food here. 

5 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Here in planet Perth (Australia) we will be able to go to pub, if we chose to do so, next week following a sudden lockdown following the first locally acquired case of covid in over a year.  In other parts of the country there are large sporting events (70k + ) and open pubs. While I am required to wear a mask till Saturday following the lockdown, it is annoying to wear at work. Take aways from bottle shops (off licences )have been available through out the lockdown as it is considered food here. 

The UK.We have been able to buy booze as take away all through the pandemic.At the moment pubs can only serve outside but we're hoping that will change next month.Masks are required in shops etc.

1 hour ago, Chang_Paarp said:

I so wish the UK had handled Covid as well at Australia. Then maybe we would already be having 70K+ at sporting or music events, pubs and restaurants open this past year, a good sense of normality, living life. Having no covid like Perth for over a year, and when any is detected, hit hard and hit fast, so the restrictions only have to last a few days. Amazes me that anyone would think Australia has not handle this pandemic well. 

Anyway, i do believe the UK is in a much better place now, we continue to come out of this with caution, no mad free for all it's all over nonsense, and then Covid will be managed like other respiratory illnesses. I don't see us ever having another full national lockdown, though possibly regional like Perth has just had. Though i even doubt that after this winter, once the vaccines have really  bedded in. 

Better days are ahead ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I rejoined my gym as soon as it reopened.But not 100% the same,they have big lines of treadmills & exercise bikes & every other one is now inoperative.Also you're supposed to wear a mask when not exercising but as far as I can see people only wear one when entering or leaving.....exercise is why you're there I suppose.

I agree we will not completely beat Covid but I think the steps back to normality should be gradual and I think they will be.

Way I see it is that the virus will still be as infectious now as it will be in 2 months time, and it is pretty much irradicated now anyway. We have to mix sooner or later so how long are we meant to wait?. 

A month, a year?. 

Zero Covid ain't probably gonna happen, so we gonna keep having lock down every time someone gets it?. 

All that matters is hospital admission numbers, and that is tiny now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Way I see it is that the virus will still be as infectious now as it will be in 2 months time, and it is pretty much irradicated now anyway. We have to mix sooner or later so how long are we meant to wait?. 

A month, a year?. 

Zero Covid ain't probably gonna happen, so we gonna keep having lock down every time someone gets it?. 

All that matters is hospital admission numbers, and that is tiny now. 

Gal, 

The Government has said months ago all legal limits on social contact will be removed on June 21st. 

There has been nothing to indicate that won't be the case. The previous 2 steps have been met on the said dates, as will the date in May, the last one before June 21st. 

With everything that's currently being 'leaked' about Boris wanting to let the virus rip, not wanting to go into lockdown at all etc, there's no way restrictions won't be removed by him bar an as yet unseen catastrophe. 

No one is wanting to attempt zero covid except for a few lefty professors and union pricks who see it as a chance to further their own near communist political ends. We will manage Covid going forward as we do with flu etc, because of the success of vaccines. Just a little patience mate, let the vaccine roll out continue. It's currently 42 year olds and up, all adults will have been offered one in the UK by the end of July. Personally i'd rather wait for full opening until end of July when that happens, but Boris has said June 21st it is, and i seen nothing in my work or anywhere else to worry me that it won't happen on 21st June.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

There might be a choice, drop restrictions early and then be faced with another lockdown / further restrictions, or follow it to the end and be more certain that we are relatively out of the woods.

Also, it gives herd immunity another month to become more established. I mentioned in another post, the local covid wards went from 3 patients to 39 overnight, all tested positive on a PCR, the most surprising thing was the age of the patients, between 23 and 50 odd, whereas before it was a majority of 55+ along with the occasional youngster with underlying issues.

We might also want to have a look at how India is getting on at the moment. An interesting fact is that Covid has already swept through the slums and shanty towns last year, but now it is affecting those who can afford some kind of health care and the middle classes (or more affluent than the poorest I should say) and as such is becoming reported. My dentist (the one who charged me £300 for a root canal) told me that he believes the numbers are vastly under reported, by a factor of at least 5 (his words, not mine). Not entirely relevant to the topic I know, but it does show how things can really go south if they get a chance and the right (wrong) factors come into play.

There is a pill in development as well, which when rolled out hopefully should make Covid-19 (plus a few mutations) a relatively rare and survivable virus, again, the more herd immunity and the lower the rate the better it is for everyone all round.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

I so wish the UK had handled Covid as well at Australia. Then maybe we would already be having 70K+ at sporting or music events, pubs and restaurants open this past year, a good sense of normality, living life. Having no covid like Perth for over a year, and when any is detected, hit hard and hit fast, so the restrictions only have to last a few days. Amazes me that anyone would think Australia has not handle this pandemic well. 

Anyway, i do believe the UK is in a much better place now, we continue to come out of this with caution, no mad free for all it's all over nonsense, and then Covid will be managed like other respiratory illnesses. I don't see us ever having another full national lockdown, though possibly regional like Perth has just had. Though i even doubt that after this winter, once the vaccines have really  bedded in. 

Better days are ahead ...

I agree we have handled the initial crisis well thanks to the states doing what the federal government wouldn't, however, don't get me started on the vaccine. The roll out has been shambolic thanks to the federal government's inability to tell anyone what is going on, they rival the Thai government for incompetence.

39 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

I agree we have handled the initial crisis well thanks to the states doing what the federal government wouldn't, however, don't get me started on the vaccine. The roll out has been shambolic thanks to the federal government's inability to tell anyone what is going on, they rival the Thai government for incompetence.

While as we're the reverse in the UK.

The initial handling was bordering on shambolic, considering we seen what was happening in Europe and what was coming. Sure hindsight is a wonderful thing, but even so ...

Though now our vaccine roll out actually makes me proud to be British, and we are looking at much better days going forward due to it. 

• Like 2

Australia is now up to Plan P for the vaccine rollout - Await the divine miracle.

Scott Morrison tells Christian
conference he was called to do
God’s work as prime minister

Australia’s first Pentecostal PM says he practises
the tradition of ‘laying on of hands’ while working
and calls misuse of social media the work of ‘the evil one’

7 hours ago, fygjam said:

Australia is now up to Plan P for the vaccine rollout - Await the divine miracle.

Scott Morrison tells Christian
conference he was called to do
God’s work as prime minister

Australia’s first Pentecostal PM says he practises
the tradition of ‘
laying on of hands’ while working
and calls misuse of social media the work of ‘the evil one’

Some of his other ministers have been doing some of that.

I think that the Uk should go about the opening up cautiously in stages  and measure the outcome before going to the next stage.

My “local” pub is due to open on May 17th (my last visit there was early December 2019) but entry is by appointment only, due to its small size and difficulty in keeping tables 2meters apart. 
I’ve booked a table by the orchestra. 🤗

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 7:09 PM, john luke said:

What are your views.

Get your own protection from Vit.D3. The get to the suggested blood levels of D3 of  120ngm/mL one needs to 'supplement', (such a dirty word by quacks and diet icians) of Vit. D3. 8-10,000iu/d. At 10K I developed slight dizziness and nausea, signs of elevated blood Ca, so I dropped the dose to 8K. If you watch for these signs, you won't need expensive and  continuous blood checks, which in any case are based on the old 60ngm/mL optimum. Here.  YouTube. MedCram - Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY.  Professor Roger Seheult, MD explains the important role Vitamin D may have in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19. Dr. Seheult isa lead professor...