How Is Your Blood Sugar Looking?

Kathmandu

Type 2 here🤗

Test twice a day and BS is usually around 6.5mmol in the morning before brekky and around 9mmol 2 hours after main evening meal, though it does fluctuate around those numbers.

Medications: 
Metformin (Glucophage) 2x500mg.
Gliclazide 2x80mg.

Alltough the wife would argue that my BS (Bull 💩) levels are off the chart most days. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 2

My doctor is the best one to ask as I have no knowledge of numbers although my doctor talks figures to me and I don't really take it in and he just sends me for occasional check ups. 

I get tested quite a bit but so far I only think my Thyroid levels are playing up.  Got a 2 month check next Wednesday to see if I need to go onto Thyroxin but if that is my curse then I think I am getting away with things lightly.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

No idea either,if it aint broke as they say.

I’m broke, but was born in the era of Feet & Inches, so they don’t have the imperial spanner’s to fix me anymore. 
Feckin Metric system’s. 🤣

• Haha 3

It's fine thankfully, i'm on medication for other stuff though.

Exercise and not being overweight is so important to this. I can remember starting a thread about Tom Watson who had it, then reversed it by exercise and weight loss.

Mine is normal, which I am always glad to see.

Probably the number 1 blood related number to keep an eye on. Minimizing sugar intake is probably the biggest health related thing you can do.

I use Stevia sweetener in my tea, coffee, cereal, and yogurt. Limit white rice and pasta intake. Limit sweets, and beer. I certainly partake joyfully in all of the above, but in moderation. 

That combined with regular exercise should enable many more years of shag fests and mornings on the balcony.

I get my A1c checked every 6 months at BPH. It has been 4.8 to 5.0 for last four times and doctor extremely happy with those numbers. ,Exercise, weight  loss and meds all contribute to these numbers. I  have app on 5 May for 6 month follow up but I think I will postpone this app because of covid concerns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Had an ice green tea in pranburi tesco food court,friggin hell like drinking toffee,in the bin it went.

I just tell them to put only little sugar. Love my iced green teas.

Watch the street vendors when they make those giant iced coffees.... Holy Cow !!!!

16 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I just tell them to put only little sugar. Love my iced green teas.

Watch the street vendors when they make those giant iced coffees.... Holy Cow !!!!

This pre made came from one of those clear juice machines,the girl that made it must have put in far to much sugar,the coffees ye full of carnation milk ! Decided not to eat anymore sugar today until my girl came home from work with bloody 2 portions of sticky rice sweet egg on top,only ate 1,give the other one to the monkeys lol

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

All is well here, have a yearly physical with a " CBC" done also. Cholesterol. LDL/HDL levels, Creatine, Blood Platelets, all of the things are checked and things look positive. 

Like alot of you, take my health seriously for sure, exercise and watching the diet is paramount these days. My weakness? Oatmeal Raisin Cookies...I guess it could be worse huh? LOL! 

Not to thread f**k, but along the health lines, went Tuesday for the "Cadillac" of Eye Tests. My choice other then the regular Optometry check. Place in San Jose called " Retinal Diagnostic Center" Geez the technology they have these days to look at your eyes is off the hook!  They have 3 of these "Nikon" eye machines at $1.5 Million each. A full and complete 3D look way back of your Retina etc. 1 hour later, the Opthamologist comes in, shows you your eyes on a full 26 inch Mac Computer. Unbelievable images....

They are looking for Detached Retina, Torn Retina, Myopia and whole bunch of other stuff he told me. All is well here too, I do wear reading glasses for newspaper and computer stuff though. Eye pressure is very important to keep an eye out for. 

We are very lucky that we live in a very high tech world these days for sure.

They tell me that when looking at the eyes the can determine the extent of any damage from high b.p.    Mine was nil which was good to know. But... this was a few years ago, need to have another check soon.

• Like 1

Everyone that has diabetes should get their eyes checked every year. The doctor can detect if blood vessels are being damage by high BP and/or diabetes. Eye exam is painless but requires pupil dilation which is a pain in the ass as bright light causes eyes to hurt so dark glasses required for several hours after dilation.

• Like 1

Further to Yessongs post, I have had Glaucoma for 20 years, caused by high eye pressure wrecking the blood vessels. It first causes loss of peripheral vision which can be hard to notice as we adjust to unconsciously compensate (turn your head more). It can lead to blindness if not treated. It is often hereditory. 

Most opticians have a machine to test eye pressure and in many cases it is free under national health schemes. Its well worth getting it done before its too late! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2021 at 6:43 AM, Kathmandu said:

A1C is around 5.4..How are the rest of you guys looking?

Haven't measure it since a freebie at a Health conference in Hawaii in 1979.. nor any other meaningless, expensive blood profiles.   

All grains are high in lectin plant phenols, chemicals that desensitize cell membranes to insulin, causing insulin over production. Grains are also high in leptin plant hormones that interrupt signaling between the liver and pancreas, causing insulin disruptions. These 2 cause obesity and diabetes2.

Wheat and most other grains raise blood sugar even without the glyphosate.  A slice of organic whole wheat bread raises blood sugar more than a candy bar. 
Zero grain and sugar diet for me, thanks.
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

I am a 68 y/o male living in Korat. My last A1C from the USA was 7.2. I will be looking for a endocrinologist in the area as soon as I can get transportation. Right now, I am depended on my stepson to drive us everywhere. Until I see the doctor, I will continue the drugs I have with me.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, Yessongs said:

All is well here, have a yearly physical with a " CBC" done also. Cholesterol. LDL/HDL levels, Creatine, Blood Platelets, all of the things are checked and things look positive. 

Like alot of you, take my health seriously for sure, exercise and watching the diet is paramount these days. My weakness? Oatmeal Raisin Cookies...I guess it could be worse huh? LOL! 

Not to thread f**k, but along the health lines, went Tuesday for the "Cadillac" of Eye Tests. My choice other then the regular Optometry check. Place in San Jose called " Retinal Diagnostic Center" Geez the technology they have these days to look at your eyes is off the hook!  They have 3 of these "Nikon" eye machines at $1.5 Million each. A full and complete 3D look way back of your Retina etc. 1 hour later, the Opthamologist comes in, shows you your eyes on a full 26 inch Mac Computer. Unbelievable images....

They are looking for Detached Retina, Torn Retina, Myopia and whole bunch of other stuff he told me. All is well here too, I do wear reading glasses for newspaper and computer stuff though. Eye pressure is very important to keep an eye out for. 

We are very lucky that we live in a very high tech world these days for sure.

I used to get mine checked yearly at my opticians, but last year, the NHS took these eye test/checks back in house.
So now I go to a testing centre near to home and have it done yearly, but still see the optometrist at my opticians yearly for standard eye checks. 
Eyes dilated and go sit in front of several machines for photos and tests for glaucoma etc. All very professional and free. 🤗

latest results  🤓

All my medical test results from NHS are available from my GP on an App on my phone. 👍

642D4BBB-FD23-4F9F-BE0A-58F655A0E6C9.jpeg

• Like 1