Are There Influencers On Our Forum?

Kathmandu

While I agree that people who post their own opinions about various subjects are perhaps trying to 'influence' others to adopt their position, I dont believe they meet the usual media definition of 'influencers.' They require a much bigger audience pool and they need more 'fame' than we have here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'd say @Yessongs not that I feel he's out to be an influencer but got to love the photos (not just the rose gardens)😄

He's definitely pushed me towards wanting to try Vietnamese coffee for one thing.

It's worth the trip to Man Jose. Trust me.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'd say @Yessongs not that I feel he's out to be an influencer but got to love the photos (not just the rose gardens)😄

He's definitely pushed me towards wanting to try Vietnamese coffee for one thing.

You're much too kind, just beware, after your first cup of "Sua Da" you might be awake all night. Viet coffee is strong.

My gal pal Kim, might be able to help you relax though LOL! 

DSCN1667-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

From Wikipedia:

Influencers are someone (or something) with the power to affect the buying habits or quantifiable actions of others by uploading some form of original—often sponsored—content to social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat or other online channels

Sounds like a woke form of "Sales and Marketing", which was done by those that couldn't cut the mustard (in my industry) years ago and everyone working tried to ignore.  Just a new name for a worthless pasttime that still amazingly seems to be donating to the dregs of society.

10 minutes ago, KWA said:

From Wikipedia:

Sounds like a woke form of "Sales and Marketing", which was done by those that couldn't cut the mustard (in my industry) years ago and everyone working tried to ignore.  Just a new name for a worthless pasttime that still amazingly seems to be donating to the dregs of society.

"...a worthless pasttime (sic)..." ???

Yet, it - the influencer world - is growing at an exponential rate. Younger consumers don't watch network television, don't read papers or magazines, and probably don't listen to the radio. Their information access is strictly online mainly through social media.

. . .

The Person Behind the Product: The Growing Retail Power of Social Influencers
https://www.mytotalretail.com/article/the-person-behind-the-product-the-growing-retail-power-of-social-influencers/

With more than 3.2 billion social media users worldwide, it's faster and easier than ever to market to consumers. Furthermore, influencers are increasingly using their social media status as a way to start up a retail brand.

Research has found that 49 percent of consumers depend on influencer recommendations before they make a purchase, and four in 10 millennial subscribers said their favorite influencer understands them “better than their friends." ...

Kylie Jenner is a prime example of how connections can influence the success of a brand. Over the years, the billionaire has developed her brand, Kylie Cosmetics, helped by collaborations with her siblings, Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian. The four have a combined social media following of 484 million.

... Brands need to acknowledge and harness the power that influencers hold. Their relatable personalities and niche fan bases are the key to selling in a consumer-driven world that's saturated with similar products.

How Social Media Influencers Can Drive Sales For Your Business
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinessdevelopmentcouncil/2020/08/26/how-social-media-influencers-can-drive-sales-for-your-business/?sh=22c887b338d0

... According to 2016 Think with Google research, 70% of teenagers on YouTube relate to YouTube creators over traditional celebrities, so it’s clear to me that social media influencer marketing is here to stay...

... According to 2016 Pew research, “fully 82% of U.S. adults say they at least sometimes read online customer ratings or reviews before purchasing items for the first time.”

Your retail company should think about its influencer partnerships as high-profile reviews of the products you offer. There are dozens of reviews available online through platforms like Yelp, Amazon and Google. However, none of these are as valuable as a review that comes from an influencer your targeted audience likes and trusts...

12 minutes ago, lazarus said:

"...a worthless pasttime (sic)..." ???

I got pastime wrong, OMG, but influencers (and their followers) are about as low as you'll get in the social spectrum.

Worthless need not only relate to revenue raised, as you seem to imply, they are worthless to all but the dregs of society no matter how big their bank balance.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, KWA said:

I got pastime wrong, OMG, but influencers (and their followers) are about as low as you'll get in the social spectrum.

Worthless need not only relate to revenue raised, as you seem to imply, they are worthless to all but the dregs of society no matter how big their bank balance.

You must be retired?

6 minutes ago, lazarus said:

You must be retired?

Through choice, not through age thanks, but even folks younger than me with their heads screwed on right know how shallow these clowns are.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KWA said:

From Wikipedia:

4 hours ago, KWA said:

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Through choice, not through age thanks, but even folks younger than me with their heads screwed on right know how shallow these clowns are.

Yep

First bloke I ever met in Thailand Stickman in 2003. True ...still in touch today. He's doing well much to many peoples displeasure. Robbie (RIP my beloved ex-bro) and I used to hang out with him in Bangkok quite a bit back in the day. 

Larry aka Bitch knows him well too. Different pace of life even 18 years ago ...almost no mobile smart phones back then.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

First bloke I ever met in Thailand Stickman in 2003. True ...still in touch today. He's doing well much to many peoples displeasure. Robbie (RIP my beloved ex-bro) and I used to hang out with him in Bangkok quite a bit back in the day. 

Larry aka Bitch knows him well too. Different pace of life even 18 years ago ...almost no mobile smart phones back then.

Yes Stick and I became friends when I was at Secrets always got together with him when in Bangkok and he could get away. Just heard from him he is doing well and just may start writing again at some point

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2