Sometimes you just despair!

Jambo

As a guest in this country I long ago decided that I simply had to accept the fact that often just through cultural differences Thai's have there own way of doing things and I must not get upset when they do, or don't do, things the way we would like to expect. I think that is the pragmatic way for us to get by and live in Thailand without raising our blood pressure at regular intervals.

I am the voice of reason and moderation.

Then some stupid asswipe through complete laziness fucks me up and reason and moderation goes out the window.

This morning I am out at 6:30 for my morning cycle ride. A quick sweep of the debris on the driveway from last nights thunderstorm and I open the gate with the intention of cleaning and refilling the Soi dogs waterbowl I leave out every day. On the outside of my sliding gate is my letterbox and sticking out of it is about one third of a envelope which must have been delivered yesterday evening which is a regular occurance. I think we are on his way home.

The envelope contains my new Covid insurance policy except it has rained during the night and when I try to extract it from the box the envelope itself just quite literally disintegrates. I now have the three pages containing my personalised information hanging on a clothes horse in the kitchen and I am hoping when they eventually dry they will still be legible.

There is no excuse.

The letterbox is more than large enough to contain the envelope and all he had to do was to make sure he had pushed the envelope and its contents completely into the box particularly as it has rained on and off all week. Not only that, once each month he delivers a batch of utility bills and various statements for the wife and he knows we leave the box unlocked so he can get all of those completely into the letterbox.

Sometimes you just despair.

• Like 1

Common sense and logic is missing from some mail delivery people it seems,sorry to hear about yer policy hope you can get it printed off,i was waiting on a box of razor blades from lazada a couple of days ago,kerry delivery person called me to make sure i was in,handed the phone to my girl she said "lady check if you in",ok we wait another hour....no sign,so we go out,i give money to reception manager,tell her give money to kerry delivery when package comes,....4 hours later from the 1st call ! kerry delivery called me again when they were outside apartment,missed call,we wasnt in off course but they didnt think to go in and hand it to reception ! jeezo.Got the package following day.

Coincidence or what ? I bought some insurance for Covid on Wednesday this week as a precaution against me failing the fit to fly test and being hauled off to one of the luxury cells for quarantine.

I bought it and paid for it online and apart from a couple of slight issues where they got my email address wrong which they sorted quite quickly I'm happy with their service so far. They also told me they would send me the documents via the post in the next 7-10 days.

It arrived this morning via EMS and the bloke rang my bell and got my signature. All good for me and as a big complainer about customer service here I have to say I've been impressed.

34 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

In the UK I have become convinced that a prerequisite for being a postman is a degree in dyslexia as they cannot seem to read addresses correctly.

I know a couple of posties, and can confirm the "not giving a flying f*ck" about the post they deliver, parcels included is very much the industry standard. Probably the same worldwide, in the Philippines opening people's mail and stealing anything which might be of value is part of the job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel for you Jambo, I have experienced the same when in LOS. Getting my Driver License there at the Dept of Transportation was an experience.  My wife is one of the more "mellow" people on the planet I tell you. I know when she has had enough, her voice gets louder and the veins pop in her neck. She too saw me get the run around there as far as making copies of various bullshit over and over and over again. 

Man she went off on the Mgr there, you know how it goes. I need this copy, then come back, I need a copy of this, then come back again and I need this copy...she had seen enough. She is only 5'3 115 lbs, but man she can be quite nasty when she feels I am getting f***d with there. 

She has told me many times, this is one of the things that sets her off with her own people. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I feel for you Jambo, I have experienced the same when in LOS. Getting my Driver License there at the Dept of Transportation was an experience.  My wife is one of the more "mellow" people on the planet I tell you. I know when she has had enough, her voice gets louder and the veins pop in her neck. She too saw me get the run around there as far as making copies of various bullshit over and over and over again. 

Man she went off on the Mgr there, you know how it goes. I need this copy, then come back, I need a copy of this, then come back again and I need this copy...she had seen enough. She is only 5'3 115 lbs, but man she can be quite nasty when she feels I am getting f***d with there. 

She has told me many times, this is one of the things that sets her off with her own people. 

That was exactly the reason I used an agent when I renewed my two driving licences a few months ago. I still had to attend watch the video etc but the agent being well known to them dealt with all the paperwork and guided me to the correct queues and I was right in the front of the line when they opened. First (or there abouts) in meant first out and the least amount of waiting around.

• Like 1

Here in Rayong the postman does the same, leaving the envelop sticking out of the post box so we'll know it's delivered.  In the rainy season 🙄

When we lived in the village upcountry our regular mail carrier retired, and they hired a new one that just took the mail home and tossed it.  After enough people descended on the post office in the Amphur to complain about expected mail not arriving they went to her house and found about six weeks worth of mail in a pile behind her house.

I don't know about Thailand but in the US interfering with the mail is a federal offense with large penalties.

life here is for 'show' - everything - so maybe the postie left it half out for you to see it has been delivered... Did you not get a copy by email that you could print out?

10 hours ago, Chappo said:

life here is for 'show' - everything - so maybe the postie left it half out for you to see it has been delivered... Did you not get a copy by email that you could print out?

It is the rainy season!

Today was the first without an overnight thunderstorm for a week.

I managed to take copies of the dried out water damaged pages which fortunately are okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

And then you get the people who think they know everything -   the wife's family when in fact they know sod all😬I do try to be patient but I'm now at the age where I can no longer suffer fools gladly!!!!

Alan