Happy Mothers Day My Brothers To Your Mother

Kathmandu

Looked after mine through dementia and alzheimer's not easy gone 13 years now.

It's the love most of them have for their children that is amazing ......my Thai Mrs and I have 3 she is a great mother to them in Covid times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Looked after mine through dementia and alzheimer's not easy gone 13 years now.

It's the love most of them have for their children that is amazing ......my Thai Mrs and I have 3 she is a great mother to them in Covid times.

Yes, no one will ever love you like your mother does - mine also suffered through years of dementia, spending over six years in care until blessedly slipping away eight years ago - I still think of her every day.

• Like 2

Yes, a sad Mother's Day for me too, my mum passing with a major stroke on April 5th last year. Glad I'd been back from Thaland since late Feb so I was with her for a few weeks and despite her frailty managed to take her out a few times, particularly for lunch at her favourite place, the yacht club.

I'm currently staying at her and my deceased dads house, having pretty much cleared it out. The sale goes through end of June. End of an era . . 😪

• Like 2

I hope my Hallmark card reached her in time, as I sent it from a more remote part of Canada last week. In short, my Mom is simply the best, always helping others before herself. I can never thank her enough for everything she’s done for me and others. She’s going on 75 now, and still makes 3+ visits a week to my father’s widow, who’s pretty immobile waiting for hip surgery, and has no one else to help her

So please fellas, maybe brunch is not possible this year due to the pandemic, but please take the time and wish Mum a Happy Mother’s Day

Got to say I think of my mother every day and not just on Mothers day but I do raise a glass for her on special occasions like her birthday.

I did raise a glass for her on Mothers day in March (in UK) and will again today as I do have a bottle of Sherry available which was her favourite tipple.  I miss those times where on a Sunday she would have that one cigarette and we would have a great natter while having a glass of Bristol Cream out of those perfect schooners from the drinks cabinet.

My 91yo mum will be over for a roast pork Sunday lunch later today.

There is a FB group for the school I attended and the local area where I was brought up and I posted a pic of me as a kid in my dad's gravel tipper truck.It had the name of the company on the side and later someone posted a pic of a works outing for that company from the early 1960's.

In the middle of the group are my mum and dad,I'm going to show it to mum later.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1