When was the last time you had a bath?

Binlid

Me, I honestly cant remember. I have fond memories of luxuriating in a hot Radox bath with my rubber duck. But does anybody still afford the time to take a bath nowadays?  Was it just mine or did everybody`s farts smell so much more rancid when expelled into your foaming bath water. For me its showers all the way but look forward to the occasional bath once I retire. Please share any amusing bathing stories.:default_clapping:

• Haha 1

Decades ago. When I renovated this place for some reason I put a bath in, but it's only used for hanging wet laundry over.

Although I do remember an occasion probably 7 or 8 years ago.... I had an idea to have some fun in the bath in my hotel room. Probably Metropole, maybe Areca, can't remember . Ran the bath, lots of bubbles... problem was, by the time I'd climbed in, there was very little space left for my 45kg friend, and any movement either ran the risk of her sitting on (and not in a good way) a certain part of my anatomy,  or sloshing water and bubbles out of the bath.

We gave up...

• Thumbs Up 1

Same here. A soapie was the last time I sat in a bathtub, and that was probably a half dozen years ago. Before that, other than a romantic romp in a jacuzzi, it's been decades since I used a bathtub for its intended purpose. Which begs the question, what is the purpose of bathtub when a shower works equally well and uses less water? Why bother installing a bathtub at all?

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably around 14 years ago.  We stayed in a hotel that had large jacuzzi bathtubs in the rooms.  Fun.

We put a bathtub in the kid's bathroom upcountry, as they were still small.  Our new place is only showers.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Decades ago. When I renovated this place for some reason I put a bath in, but it's only used for hanging wet laundry over.

Although I do remember an occasion probably 7 or 8 years ago.... I had an idea to have some fun in the bath in my hotel room. Probably Metropole, maybe Areca, can't remember . Ran the bath, lots of bubbles... problem was, by the time I'd climbed in, there was very little space left for my 45kg friend, and any movement either ran the risk of her sitting on (and not in a good way) a certain part of my anatomy,  or sloshing water and bubbles out of the bath.

We gave up...

Problems started for me when we switched the Jacuzzi on ....

6466B7DF-E3AE-4A91-8FAA-4930DFB5A073.jpeg

2757269E-EA94-4A0F-97AE-C8327B14743A.jpeg

F16199F0-2D63-460B-B5B6-99EA515DFEE1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

I remember working in Copenhagen in 96 & the hotel room had a bath big enough to stretch out in.It was just before Xmas & fucking cold & after a 12 hour day to luxuriate up to my neck with a couple of bottles of Julebryg which was a very strong Xmas beer was wonderful.

Would've been even better with an LBFM but I doubt if I would've got up for work the next day.I would've got up ok but not for work😆.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't remember the last time I had a bath at home, a good few years ago now. It was probably to sooth my aching muscles when my body has been in bits.

The only time I have had company in a bath is in a soapy and I haven't bothered with those for over 10 years either!

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in 2018, my EVA Flight was delayed for 18 hours due to a bird strike, they put us up in a Raddisson Blu Hotel, the shower was crap so I decided to have a bath instead. That was the last time.

I much prefer a shower anyway, and very often a cold shower after a long spell in the Sauna.

To be honest, if the hotel room has a bathtub or jacuzzi I like to jump in to the tub in the late afternoon / early evening before going out. There I relax for 45 - 60 minutes often with just the tip of my nose above the water surface.

Being short I have no problems fitting in to the small tubs in hotels.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lirchenfeld said:

To be honest, if the hotel room has a bathtub or jacuzzi I like to jump in to the tub in the late afternoon / early evening before going out. There I relax for 45 - 60 minutes often with just the tip of my nose above the water surface.

Being short I have no problems fitting in to the small tubs in hotels.

Why use a bathtub. :default_biggrin:

2ff8ca5ad619dd884020bcb5d88200ba--hot-tubs-funny-sexy.jpg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Yesterday.  I take a hot bath almost every day as the heat really soothes my aching joints.

Evil

Installed a hot tub at my house in the US for that reason, and for hot tub parties. One of my better investments.

Another home I installed a tub with water jets, but as it had no integral hot water heater the water quickly cooled from the air injected into the water jets. Think I used it only a couple of times. Not one of my better investments.

25 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Another home I installed a tub with water jets, but as it had no integral hot water heater the water quickly cooled from the air injected into the water jets. Think I used it only a couple of times. Not one of my better investments.

I don't find water jets have much effect.  It's a pleasant sensation, but what helps my joints is heat, heat and more heat. Blood circulation improves and the swelling tends to go down.  A plain bath tub with a strong water heater is perfect for me.

Evil