How do you rate Lazada service in Thailand

Happy Man

Wife and i have been using Lazada for some years now. We find the service  exceptionally good along with a great web site that allows you to choose the goods at the cheapest price. The shipping costs are really a great bargain and extremely fast and efficient. So, how do you rate them?

A++  for me

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Generally they've been pretty good but in the last couple of months I've noticed the delivery is getting longer. Even now I've just looked and something I ordered and paid for on the 14th May is still showing as processing and hasn't been dispatched yet, and this is supposedly only coming from Bangkok ? A couple of items ordered from China were supposed to be here no later than the 15th May and they're showing as still in Chinese customs ?

• Thumbs Up 1

I have bought all kinds of things from Lazada and never had an issue generally two or three times a month I've got something coming from them. My latest purchase was a cooking thermometer came out of China still was delivered within 7 days. I'm a fan

25 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I have bought all kinds of things from Lazada and never had an issue generally two or three times a month I've got something coming from them. My latest purchase was a cooking thermometer came out of China still was delivered within 7 days. I'm a fan

I'm still a fan but I'm thinking that these last 2 Chinese items were never even in stock ? I'll wait until I'm back in England and order them via ebay as they have them available in there.

I rate Lazada service as excellent. I place orders with them several times a month. Often times items that ship from the Bangkok area arrive the next day. Orders from China can take a week or more, but have always arrived in the timeframe specified when I placed the order.

Here's an earlier post I wrote on their system for keeping sellers honest.

• 1 month later...

Are most of you making payment upfront or COD?

It seems some items that are reviewed, if the item comes in in damaged people are happy with their item, but seems that some of the packaging comes delivered damaged boxes and in turn the item inside is damaged.  How are people dealing with delivered items that are damaged inside the box?

All my purchases which have been many have been COD and NO damaged goods so far.My friend had a few damaged and Lazada solved the problem quickly. I have  had small packages as well as large packages ( Laser Printer ) delivered ...No problems.

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

It seems some items that are reviewed, if the item comes in in damaged people are happy with their item, but seems that some of the packaging comes delivered damaged boxes and in turn the item inside is damaged.  How are people dealing with delivered items that are damaged inside the box?

Have never paid upfront and would not always COD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

I've been buying from Lazada for enough years I have confidence in their delivery and return systems, so always use their Wallet for payment.

They also have an easy system for handling returns. Just use their website to flag any of the items from your order for return. They'll then provide a pre-paid postage label you print and use to return the item to their warehouse. For low cost items it's happened a few times where they immediately refund the purchase to my Wallet and tell me not to bother with returning the item.

Once they receive the return Lazada has a good system in place for handling returns.

I had purchased a battery tester that was apparently defective. I submitted a return request to the seller which was ignored. What's good about Lazada's system is if a seller does not respond to a return request within four days, the return is automatically approved.

When the seller receives the returned item, they then have three days to issue the refund. In this case the seller failed to issue the return within the time allowed, so once again Lazada's system took over and issued the refund.

IMHO it's a good system that protects the buyer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I've been buying from Lazada for enough years I have confidence in their delivery and return systems, so always use their Wallet for payment.

They also have an easy system for handling returns. Just use their website to flag any of the items from your order for return. They'll then provide a pre-paid postage label you print and use to return the item to their warehouse. For low cost items it's happened a few times where they immediately refund the purchase to my Wallet and tell me not to bother with returning the item.

Once they receive the return Lazada has a good system in place for handling returns.

I had purchased a battery tester that was apparently defective. I submitted a return request to the seller which was ignored. What's good about Lazada's system is if a seller does not respond to a return request within four days, the return is automatically approved.

When the seller receives the returned item, they then have three days to issue the refund. In this case the seller failed to issue the return within the time allowed, so once again Lazada's system took over and issued the refund.

IMHO it's a good system that protects the buyer.

Wallet: can I attach my Kasikorn acct as a payment option to my wallet?

56 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Wallet: can I attach my Kasikorn acct as a payment option to my wallet?

Yes. Screenshot below of the banks you can use to top up your Wallet.

There is a catch - isn't there always - you as a dirty, untrustworthy farang can no longer create a Wallet for yourself. The workaround however is to use your teelack's or Thai friend's ID to create the account. That doesn't give them access to anything, you're just using their ID to satisfy the "know you customer" law that Lazada had to start following a couple of years ago.

image.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always pay upfront using a kasikornbank webcard.  It takes a week to be refunded if something goes wrong, but it's worth it because we're often out and about when deliveries are made and just have them leave it with the security guys at the gate house.

7 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Have they not stopped the Chat line, or am I missing something? I just can't seem to get on it now.

I haven't used it for a long time, so I don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'm a regular shopper with Lazada but am totally confused by what looks like exactly the same item shown for sale at different prices and the differential can be big, can anyone shed any light on the matter ?

Probably just some sellers taking the piss on gullible shoppers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'm a regular shopper with Lazada but am totally confused by what looks like exactly the same item shown for sale at different prices and the differential can be big, can anyone shed any light on the matter ?

I always sort price from low to high price. Some venders cut their price to gain customers base. Its usually the same merchandise but at a cheaper amount. Pays to sort first then choose vender.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

Lazada is a marketplace, which many different sellers use.  Each seller can set their own prices.  Lazada also sells some items they stock themselves.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, Happy Man said:

. Its usually the same merchandise but at a cheaper amount. Pays to sort first then choose vender.

18 minutes ago, tko said:

Lazada is a marketplace, which many different sellers use.  Each seller can set their own prices.  Lazada also sells some items they stock themselves.

BINGO, thats the way to go then. My concern was are these really low priced items genuine or fake, will they be delivered. Only one way to find out..............

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

BINGO, thats the way to go then. My concern was are these really low priced items genuine or fake, will they be delivered. Only one way to find out..............

Like any place you buy merchandise, there is always the crooks that will try to cheat you. Lazada will stand up for the buyers if you are not  satisfied with it and usually have a great 7 day return policy.

• Like 3