Where do you go for your Thailand or Pattaya News?

Butch

Hard to find a decent website that is impartial these days. I tend to look at the Bangkok Post website or occasionally The Nation for general news, and Pattaya Mail online for Pattaya, and Tommy's Fab103, although the Pattaya Mail site is very brief and doesn't go into much detail on any of the stories, Fab 103 (or Always Pattaya) is very detailed. The Thaiger is OK, but is basically recycled news articles scraped from other websites and re reported, plus I don't go a bundle on either of the reporters.

Anyone got a reliable and relatively up to date source or link they wish to share?

Edited by Butch

19 minutes ago, Butch said:

Hard to find a decent website that is impartial these days. I tend to look at the Bangkok Post website or occasionally The Nation for general news, and Pattaya Mail online for Pattaya, and Tommy's Fab103, although the Pattaya Mail site is very brief and doesn't go into much detail on any of the stories, Fab 103 (or Always Pattaya) is very detailed. The Thaiger is OK, but is basically recycled news articles scraped from other websites and re reported, plus I don't go a bundle on either of the reporters.

Anyone got a reliable and relatively up to date source or link they wish to share?

I often look at TheThaiger

Not saying its the best but it does cover a lot of local news and stories as well as headline stuff

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Richard Barrow in Thailand on FB and Twitter 

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand

Richard is a bore.....Same bla bla bla every day, he never has much interesting to say,its mostly just press releases  ....I had to unsubscribe to his twitter, but still look at it on occasion.....Bangkok Phil , Chang Fai/ @TaaSaparot is pretty good....

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, fforest said:

Richard is a bore.....Same bla bla bla every day, he never has much interesting to say,its mostly just press releases  ....I had to unsubscribe to his twitter, but still look at it on occasion.....Bangkok Phil , Chang Fai/ @TaaSaparot is pretty good....

So it's boring , but you still look at it .... okay 

probably not enough tin foil hats for you .. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

So it's boring , but you still look at it .... okay 

probably not enough tin foil hats for you .. 🙂

I only look at Richards non critical thinking boring twitter, to remind myself what I am not missing...plus its also boring when he gushes on about all his free trips...

• Thumbs Up 1

not found a really decent news site in Thailand - i want more details and more information, not just a 2 minute read.  i do listen to 103fm each morning for Tommy's brief.

Like if you look at the ST( Singapore Times) - their news is very detailed and give a good 5 mins read.

English Thai news is very shallow... 

Edited by Chappo

16 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I often look at TheThaiger

Not saying its the best but it does cover a lot of local news and stories as well as headline stuff

I put their App on my phone.

What a mess!

I also have the App for Bangkok Post which if anything is even worse because of all the adverts which make it virtually unuseable.

I invariably log into Fab103 on U-Tube each day.

Then I phone Terry Lee. 😀

• Like 1