Thai girls and fashion (or lack of)

Butch

This also applies to Filipinas. When in the City they have the clothes, the phones, the sass and the look which turns heads. 5 minutes in the village and they turn into a regular village girl. What goes?

My Mrs is high a level Manager in the NHS, wears appropriate clothes at work, decent and even "sexy" clothes at the weekend, eats like a queen with a spoon and fork but as soon as we make landfall in the RP it's cheap shorts, flip flops and a ponytail hair with a T shirt with no bra (not complaining) and her "yaffle spanners" are her fingers for everything. I've also seen it in Thailand, years ago my very attractive  GGB girlfriend lost all sense of fashion upon entering the Village, the mini skirts went out and the denim shorts came in, food eaten by hand and to me it was refreshing and a welcome change. Personally I think it is great, really makes me smile and one of the things I love about Asian girls.

I know it is a cultural thing, I'd be an idiot to say otherwise, but it is a cultural thing that to me, makes the Asian girls even more attractive. Very very occasionally my Mrs will eat with her hands, and I always smile when she tells me only rich people use cutlery. OK,so I'll take the Range Rover back to the dealer then lol...She then grabs a spoon !

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Peer pressure makes them dress modestly in the old moo baan or baan nok.

Mostly from other women seen it many times.

As for eating with hands apart from chicken legs and wings and burgers crisps and chips and toast and sandwiches oh and olives and peanuts  .......... not for me.

Blimey we really do eat with our hands a lot don't we ....

• Like 1

The city fashion isn't really suitable for village life. Also many of these girls (and boys) are brought up in a economical situation where they can't be choosers. As children most of them have mainly worn clothes which their older siblings has grown out of - thus the little brother gets to wear big sisters old pink shirt with  a disney princess on it.