UK Members...time for a bit of planning?

Butch

We appear to be getting a 4 day Bank Holiday next year to celebrate Lizzie's platinum jubilee.

It runs from 2nd June 22 to the 5th June 22. Of course, Anything can happen in between now and then, but if we get there and if Thailand is fully open and if we don't have to jump through hoops in order to leave the UK and re enter, it might be a good idea to get booking that Holiday time off to avail of the extra few days.

For the retired among us, I expect that there's no need for any such planning, BM's such as our highly respected and generous @Nightcrawler don't have to worry about such issues, however I know he will be stood proudly erect in clapham common toilets outside Buck Palace in his "pearly king" outfit waving a small Union Flag vigorously, with his free hand.

Now, I will of course raise a glass to Her Maj, and hopefully it'll contain Gin and Tonic and will be from the comfort of a seat in Skyfall.

June is a year away, but I guess I'm not alone in saying that they seem to be coming around a bit quicker these days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Have given up on long-term planning after the past 15 months.

Would be good to have a UK get together if we are  allowed to be free again. It's been so long since the last one I've forgotten all of @Nightcrawler's stories.

I'll be like a blank canvas to him😁

I was recently having a chat with Andy (Thinking Allowed) and we touched upon maybe trying to arrange a meet up in London for Forum members anf friends who are still in UK, hoping that pubs will continue to stay open. These things are never easy to arrange to suit everyone. There are still some restrictions for larger gatherings which will most likely be lifted after June 21st, just a couple of weeks away. 

Perhaps I will post a topic and put some dates/venues up for discussion once we know if restrictions have been fully lifted.

Maybe we could book a large table at the Admiral Duncan in Soho 😊😊😊 a favourite haunt of yours, so rumour has it 😇

I am still not keen on using the Tube, and will probably rescue my Sedan Chair from the lockup and pay some peasants to carry me all the way on foot. 

But of course,  a meet up in Pattaya would be more favourable @ Le Pub and hopefully we can have a few of those this time next year or before. 

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Butch said:

We appear to be getting a 4 day Bank Holiday next year to celebrate Lizzie's platinum jubilee.

It runs from 2nd June 22 to the 5th June 22. Of course, Anything can happen in between now and then, but if we get there and if Thailand is fully open and if we don't have to jump through hoops in order to leave the UK and re enter, it might be a good idea to get booking that Holiday time off to avail of the extra few days.

For the retired among us, I expect that there's no need for any such planning, BM's such as our highly respected and generous @Nightcrawler don't have to worry about such issues, however I know he will be stood proudly erect in clapham common toilets outside Buck Palace in his "pearly king" outfit waving a small Union Flag vigorously, with his free hand.

Now, I will of course raise a glass to Her Maj, and hopefully it'll contain Gin and Tonic and will be from the comfort of a seat in Skyfall.

June is a year away, but I guess I'm not alone in saying that they seem to be coming around a bit quicker these days...

There might be clash with an annual Gay Pride March that weekend and you will need to decide whether your loyalty will be to Queen and Country or a bunch of drag Queens. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I was recently having a chat with Andy (Thinking Allowed) and we touched upon maybe trying to arrange a meet up in London for Forum members anf friends who are still in UK, hoping that pubs will continue to stay open. These things are never easy to arrange to suit everyone. There are still some restrictions for larger gatherings which will most likely be lifted after June 21st, just a couple of weeks away. 

Perhaps I will post a topic and put some dates/venues up for discussion once we know if restrictions have been fully lifted.

Maybe we could book a large table at the Admiral Duncan in Soho 😊😊😊 a favourite haunt of yours, so rumour has it 😇

I am still not keen on using the Tube, and will probably rescue my Sedan Chair from the lockup and pay some peasants to carry me all the way on foot. 

But of course,  a meet up in Pattaya would be more favourable @ Le Pub and hopefully we can have a few of those this time next year or before. 

Put me down as an attendee to a London meet👍

• Thumbs Up 1

We're (family) heading down to the Smoke in July, but I'm only an hour and 40 or so away from Liverpool St anyway, so it's no big deal for me to hop on a train.

It does depend upon my shifts and whether I'm on call or not though, but I'll make every effort to make it. Failing that @Nightcrawler it'll have to be our usual rendezvous in the Gentlemen's toilets located on Hampstead Heath.

Any venue is fine, maybe if we want one in the North, the "Flying Shuttle" in Bolton seems a family friendly choice...

0_The-Flying-Shuttle.jpgarticle-2130366-129B8FD3000005DC-248_964x586.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

We're (family) heading down to the Smoke in July, but I'm only an hour and 40 or so away from Liverpool St anyway, so it's no big deal for me to hop on a train.

It does depend upon my shifts and whether I'm on call or not though, but I'll make every effort to make it. Failing that @Nightcrawler it'll have to be our usual rendezvous in the Gentlemen's toilets located on Hampstead Heath.

Any venue is fine, maybe if we want one in the North, the "Flying Shuttle" in Bolton seems a family friendly choice...

0_The-Flying-Shuttle.jpgarticle-2130366-129B8FD3000005DC-248_964x586.jpg

That would be good if you can make it

The Flying Shuffle looks a bit upmarket for me. I would prefer Wetherspoons  they allow me to bring in my mobility scooter as well😊

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1