Jump to content

Bars you've not visited but intend to...


Butch
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been watching a vlogger called "Buzzin Pattaya" on YT for a bit, he goes around and visits bars, talks to their owners and also interviews some of the long term characters that have businesses in town. He's got a pretty good interview technique and seems quite relaxed about it all, plus pumps a lot of money intro the Baan Kruja orphanage (not sure on the spelling) and puts up 2 vids a week at least. Well worth checking out.

Anyway, he's done an interview with Craig from Irovers, somewhere which I'd not previously ever visited, but when I get back I'll make a point of popping in and checking out their food. I might even break my promise to myself and visit one or two NWG Beer bars on Soi 6, because I think that in some ways, by not visiting them in the past I'm missing out on something.

It also got me to thinking about some GGB's I give a miss to, because either I've heard bad reports or just haven't gone in before, places like Champagne , where I've only been into once and Sugar Sugar which was a go to bar for me a few years ago, but I kind of got bored with. That'll be on my re visit list.

One or two places I'll check out which I didn't actually know about will be the GC's on Soi Boomerang and also The witherspoons on the corner of Central pattaya rd and beach rd, as well as the Assienda on 7.

The problem I get is that whenever I'm in town, I tend to fall into a routine of afternoon by the pool, then onto TQ maybe, in the evening it's Billabong, then a few GGB's, then home, or maybe a variation on the above and head down Soi 8 or Treetown etc, but seldom will I go into a bar where I've not been before.

I've decided this weekend to plan my trip for May or June 22, with flexibility built in. By then hopefully everything will be back to a kind of normal, and with any luck a Covid cure in the shape of a tablet might be available. The only drawback are the price of flights at the mo, £700+ BA Econ, approx same for EVA and Thai, EVA PE is hitting £1200+. Not good at all, and I'll only fly direct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A difficult question now as I suspect that many bars/gogos etc may no longer be there. Like Butch, I tend to have a smaller number of places which I frequent and where I feel comfortable. I know that he will miss the Pook Swan bar on Soi Buakhow where he has always been a regular and by all accounts, very popular with the bar staff 😀

I think when we finally get back out to Sin City that a lot may have changed. That in itself may add to the excitement in sniffing out new places that have opened up since last visit

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I have watched quite a few "Buzzin Pattaya" videos and from the information in the videos, (as well as information from quite a few other Pattaya centric YouTube Vloggers), has me wanting to check out a few of the Gentlemen's Clubs.  One of the things I have always found during my three week long holidays, is that after I sleep late, get some brunch, and maybe do a tour of one of the malls, there is little to do except possibly visit TQ.  However, a lot of others have the same idea so it can be hard to find a seat in there sometimes.  (All experiences are Pre-Covid).

Now, it seems I have been missing out on quite a bit of afternoon fun to be had in these various Gentlemen's Clubs.  Not sure if there a newer thing, or if my radar was just malfunctioning, but with the hours posted on the various websites, they really seem like a nice afternoon pastime.  Yes, probably more expensive than just sitting in the hotel room watching videos or web surfing all afternoon, but hey, I'll be on vacation.

I am sure some of the GCs will get the thumbs down, but maybe like GoGos, just a hit or miss timing thing.  Anyway, whenever I can get something scheduled for a return to Thailand, I will be reading here for any GC recommendations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been watching Buzzin Pattaya videos for quite sometime and not long ago subscribed to his channel. They are enjoyable, informative and it's entertaining to hear some of the back stories from the owner/manager of these bars being featured. I like his easy going style and he seems to draw out his subject to offer up nice tidbits of the town or stories from a memorable evening at the bar.

It's at least a little something to keep our eye on the ball for a return when it's doable. 

As far as going to a bar I've never been to before but would like, for me, it's not one individual place, but rather an area. It's Tree Town for me. Last visit in 2019, it wasn't really going on much, but in videos I saw before the booze ban, it really looked like a fun spot to go, as many bars looked to copy Billibong on LK, with tables and chairs set out beyond the bar itself, out into the walk way, bringing the passerby closer to the action, and girls, then from them simply waving from the top step of the bar entrance.

I have pretty much stayed in the Soi Buokow area near the Diana intersection, so a nice easy jaunt to Tree Town to explore all those new bars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My last trip ( 4 or 5 months pre covid ) i decided to check out a few out of the way gc that were listed on the thread in here plus I googled gentlemen clubs  

Soi boomerang wasn't really up and being promoted then

2 or 3 of those in a afternoon was more than enough  exercise and excess for the day 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

As far as going to a bar I've never been to before but would like, for me, it's not one individual place, but rather an area. It's Tree Town for me. Last visit in 2019, it wasn't really going on much, but in videos I saw before the booze ban, it really looked like a fun spot to go, as many bars looked to copy Billibong on LK, with tables and chairs set out beyond the bar itself, out into the walk way, bringing the passerby closer to the action, and girls, then from them simply waving from the top step of the bar entrance.

I have pretty much stayed in the Soi Buokow area near the Diana intersection, so a nice easy jaunt to Tree Town to explore all those new bars.

Looks fun, I guess it didn’t exist on 2012 on my last voyage? 
 

So you’re telling me there’s a chance.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 7:27 PM, jersey said:

Yes, I have watched quite a few "Buzzin Pattaya" videos and from the information in the videos, (as well as information from quite a few other Pattaya centric YouTube Vloggers), has me wanting to check out a few of the Gentlemen's Clubs.  One of the things I have always found during my three week long holidays, is that after I sleep late, get some brunch, and maybe do a tour of one of the malls, there is little to do except possibly visit TQ.  However, a lot of others have the same idea so it can be hard to find a seat in there sometimes.  (All experiences are Pre-Covid).

Now, it seems I have been missing out on quite a bit of afternoon fun to be had in these various Gentlemen's Clubs.  Not sure if there a newer thing, or if my radar was just malfunctioning, but with the hours posted on the various websites, they really seem like a nice afternoon pastime.  Yes, probably more expensive than just sitting in the hotel room watching videos or web surfing all afternoon, but hey, I'll be on vacation.

I am sure some of the GCs will get the thumbs down, but maybe like GoGos, just a hit or miss timing thing.  Anyway, whenever I can get something scheduled for a return to Thailand, I will be reading here for any GC recommendations.

Yep, I've only recently discovered the channel, ( I spend very little time on Youtube) there's a ton of content uploaded and I'm slowly getting through it. He certainly knows his stuff and a lot of guys in town it would seem.

I must admit I really like the Bar owner interviews, as sometimes a bar owner won't always introduce himself (unless he's Mr Egg) and it's interesting to hear about their experiences and how they got to pattaya. I really enjoyed the Mr Egg interview as well, and sub to Phil's channel.

It's also good to see how funtown is getting on through all this. I know Phil posts updates, and Buzzin does his walkabouts. It is kind of depressing news though 😞

Boomerang is defintely on my list, I was intending to visit "The Den", but after @forcebwithumentioned about the owner posting pics of customers on Facebook a while back, I think I'll give that one a miss.

Edited by Butch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, Butch said:

I've been watching a vlogger called "Buzzin Pattaya" on YT for a bit, he goes around and visits bars, talks to their owners and also interviews some of the long term characters that have businesses in town. He's got a pretty good interview technique and seems quite relaxed about it all, plus pumps a lot of money intro the Baan Kruja orphanage (not sure on the spelling) and puts up 2 vids a week at least. Well worth checking out.

Anyway, he's done an interview with Craig from Irovers, somewhere which I'd not previously ever visited, but when I get back I'll make a point of popping in and checking out their food. I might even break my promise to myself and visit one or two NWG Beer bars on Soi 6, because I think that in some ways, by not visiting them in the past I'm missing out on something.

It also got me to thinking about some GGB's I give a miss to, because either I've heard bad reports or just haven't gone in before, places like Champagne , where I've only been into once and Sugar Sugar which was a go to bar for me a few years ago, but I kind of got bored with. That'll be on my re visit list.

One or two places I'll check out which I didn't actually know about will be the GC's on Soi Boomerang and also The witherspoons on the corner of Central pattaya rd and beach rd, as well as the Assienda on 7.

The problem I get is that whenever I'm in town, I tend to fall into a routine of afternoon by the pool, then onto TQ maybe, in the evening it's Billabong, then a few GGB's, then home, or maybe a variation on the above and head down Soi 8 or Treetown etc, but seldom will I go into a bar where I've not been before.

I've decided this weekend to plan my trip for May or June 22, with flexibility built in. By then hopefully everything will be back to a kind of normal, and with any luck a Covid cure in the shape of a tablet might be available. The only drawback are the price of flights at the mo, £700+ BA Econ, approx same for EVA and Thai, EVA PE is hitting £1200+. Not good at all, and I'll only fly direct.

Sorry, I don't drink alcohol. Active meditation makes the mind STRONG and calm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...