Pattaya and other parts of Thailand - Past and Present Visits. (Updated 20th July 2023)

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Thanks for posting JL , I've never made it as far as the White Temple in CR , one for the list ..  there is also a less well known Blue temple just outside CM call Wat Baan Den , worth a trip if you get up there again 

Post No 6 is the blue temple.

...thanks for posting so many pictures.  

I am planning a side trip to CM later this winter.  Found out that they fly directly in CM, so may do that and work my way down south to Pattaya with stops in UT & KK.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

untitled-0001.jpg

If this is part of the Harry Bakery on Soi Buakow and the bread is fresh this could be good for me.

untitled-0002.jpg

untitled-0003.jpg

This branch of Kiss Food and Drink sadly closed at the moment.

untitled-0004.jpg

Family Mart open.

untitled-0005.jpg

Mai Thai Restuarant - looking good for Sunday or Monday evening.

untitled-0006.jpg

untitled-0007.jpg

Grab delivery drivers waiting.

untitled-0008.jpg

untitled-0009.jpg

untitled-0010.jpg

untitled-0012.jpg

untitled-0013.jpg

Building work supported by the street food sellers.

untitled-0014.jpg

La Baguette - confirmed open on the way back.

untitled-0015.jpg

untitled-0016.jpg

untitled-0017.jpg

untitled-0019.jpg

untitled-0020.jpg

untitled-0021.jpg

Onto Terminal 21

untitled-0022.jpg

untitled-0023.jpg

untitled-0025.jpg

untitled-0026.jpg

untitled-0027.jpg

untitled-0028.jpg

untitled-0029.jpg

untitled-0030.jpg

Best Supermarket - note the absence of overhead electricity cables

untitled-0031-Edit.jpg

untitled-0033.jpg

Dolphin Circus - unchanged.

untitled-0034.jpg

untitled-0035.jpg

Food sellers at the entrance to Dusit Thani

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

IMG_20210612_203213.jpg

Electronic thermometer fitted in a number of shops.  One holds hand near to thermometer and it shouts out normal temperature.  This one in local 7 11.  Also one at entrance to condo supervised by security officer. 

• Like 1

^^^ Interesting to see Pattaya through the eyes and camera of someone who hasn't been here for awhile. Temp sensors are now ubiquitous at every shop and store. Notice too the paper log books with a pen that everyone can share to log their comings and goings at shops if they choose to do so. Fortunately that part is rarely enforced.

One thing I noticed the other day that wearing a mask when out and about has become so ingrained that when I forget to put a mask on before I head out I stop and think, what am I forgetting. :default_crybaby:

• Like 1

How the heck did they get that 747 there?. Bit of a daft question, obviously.

Great walkabout JL, very eerie as already mentioned. The pic which really does it for me is the lottery ticket seller.

Edited by Butch

Great walk about John. It's good to see what the streets look like today. Like most BMs.... l miss not being there. I am very envious of you sir. Look forward to many many more photos.

Thank you so much for putting a smile on my face and a little warmth in me heart.

All my best wishes to you and Misses JL

• Like 3

Great pics JL, thanks for taking the time to post them.

Walking St seems to be a right state, I think @Jambo mentioned it elsewhere, I take it that's civil engineering works and not a pre cursor to ripping the place up?.

Saddens me to see the beer bars with the seats turned up on the bar, we're pushing mid way through 2021 now, the place has been closed for over a year (save for a temporary opening), and the damage is easily visible.

If you'd told me these pics were taken at 0700 on a Buddha Holiday, it would be believable, but mid week / weekend even during a low season in non covid times would still have more movement and there would still be signs of some life.

38 minutes ago, Butch said:

I take it that's civil engineering works and not a pre cursor to ripping the place up?..

They are laying new under ground cables, it's an ongoing project to remove all of the above wiring.

It is a sorry sight right now but after the work and when things open back up, hopefully it will return to something like it's former glory.

• Great Info 1

40 minutes ago, boydeste said:

They are laying new under ground cables, it's an ongoing project to remove all of the above wiring.

It is a sorry sight right now but after the work and when things open back up, hopefully it will return to something like it's former glory.

With the removal of that wiring from sight, it will immediately look a lot better (as well as being a lot safer).