Home Theater & battery operated Fan

Sea-Hawks

Has anybody ever bought a home theater 2/3 or 5 channel via Lazada?

Also, anybody know where I can buy a large fan that has a built in back-up battery so when the power goes out, I can still turn on/use a fan? (i could always buy an external/independent back up battery package as a last resort)

thx!

9CC4B18C-D167-4936-9BDF-CDC0ACF2DE72.jpeg

9DF6CC55-2DC8-42E3-83AB-4CA02B4FA146.jpeg

Edited by Sea-Hawks
add on

Bought the X15 sound system after Code mentioned buying the same in one of his posts. You can read about the ordering experience in the linked post below. Read the subsequent posts as I also ended up buying a 5.1 decoder for connecting to my laptop.

As for the fan question, not seen or read about a large fan with battery backup. A small UPS would probably be your best bet.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

9DF6CC55-2DC8-42E3-83AB-4CA02B4FA146.jpeg

That UPS is way overpriced for a 200W backup. I bought a 600W backup for 1,680B (link). You can save a few hundred baht by buying the UPS without a battery (link), and then sourcing the battery locally. In Pattaya I buy replacement batteries from the store in the basement of Tukcom.

so this is an external battery?…i can plug a fan or iphone chargers when my condo power stops working?

btw…can someone explain what 1-4 are?…i am an expert in Finance, but mentally challenged in electronics, lol

C0EF232F-3CC5-4773-A600-7799F104371E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

so this is an external battery?…i can plug a fan or iphone chargers when my condo power stops working?

btw…can someone explain what 1-4 are?…i am an expert in Finance, but mentally challenged in electronics, lol

Yes, it's an external battery and anything you would plug into a wall outlet you plug into the UPS instead, up to the rated capacity.

As for the the diagram of the UPS:
1) is power in from a wall outlet
2) is where you plug your devices into (they'll work off of the AC coming in until a power outage at which time the UPS will switch to using the battery for power)
3) a circuit breaker to protect the UPS in case you plug in device(s) that exceed the rated capacity.
4) a device plugged into this outlet will only have power as long as there's AC coming into the UPS. If there's a power outage, that device will also lose power.

Here's what the inside of a UPS looks like. The black brick with red and black leads going to it is the battery. You'll need to replace the battery after a couple of years of use.
IMG_2535.jpg

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

The picture you show is a computer UPS. Its function is to let you shutdown your computer gracefully in the event of a power failure.

These use a "modified sine wave inverter" because the output is going to be rectified back into DC by the computer power supply.

It will charge your iPhone ok though.

Fans are AC motors and AC motors don't like modified sine waves. They like the "pure sine wave" as provided by the mains supply or as generated by a "pure since wave" inverter. At the very least, an AC motor will run hot with a modified sine wave.

A typical 40cm fan draws about 40-50 watts. I know 'cause I just measured one.

What are now becoming popular are "power stations" or "battery generators".

image.png

Basically a lithium ion battery and a pure sine wave inverter.

image.png

https://www.motorola.com/us/mt060/p

I just grabbed the above as an example, probably find a Thai/Chinese one cheaper.

They don't have the same peak output as the modified sine wave computer UPS but the output is more typical of mains power.

Often now used in place of petrol/gasoline powered generators.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

The picture you show is a computer UPS. Its function is to let you shutdown your computer gracefully in the event of a power failure.

These use a "modified sine wave inverter" because the output is going to be rectified back into DC by the computer power supply.

It will charge your iPhone ok though.

Fans are AC motors and AC motors don't like modified sine waves. They like the "pure sine wave" as provided by the mains supply or as generated by a "pure since wave" inverter. At the very least, an AC motor will run hot with a modified sine wave.

A typical 40cm fan draws about 40-50 watts. I know 'cause I just measured one.

What are now becoming popular are "power stations" or "battery generators".

image.png

Basically a lithium ion battery and a pure sine wave inverter.

image.png

https://www.motorola.com/us/mt060/p

I just grabbed the above as an example, probably find a Thai/Chinese one cheaper.

They don't have the same peak output as the modified sine wave computer UPS but the output is more typical of mains power.

Often now used in place of petrol/gasoline powered generators.

…could you recommend one on Lazada that will work for a standard Hatari floor fan?

51 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…could you recommend one on Lazada that will work for a standard Hatari floor fan?

I can't/won't recommend anything because I don't have any direct experience particularly as to the "run time". But this is the style of  what I'd be looking at if I was in the market.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/yoobao-en500s-150000mah-outdoor-power-station-500w-pd60w-quick-charging-220v-power-station-outdoor-i2479771075-s8730745187.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.6.8efe6c53M8XhOJ&search=1

I'd be trying to find some info on battery capacity vs run time even for different brands.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing, the power stations on Lazada don't appear to show the output capacity. Units in the US show output capacity. e.g.

Rated max output: 1,800 W
Rated capacity: 1,260 Wh
Weight: 30 pounds
Body dimensions: 12 by 8 by 11 inches

So for this particular unit, running a 50 watt fan, 1260/50=25.2 hours of running.

Battery capacity doesn't directly indicate output capacity.

The above example taken from

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-portable-power-stations/

• Thumbs Up 1