Jump to content

Rats !


Glasseye
 Share

Recommended Posts

Blimey ....my wife's younger brother well he's 20 something now) used to go out and catch rats that size at night in the fields and sell them. He then used the money to buy chickens for fighting .....!!

He used to wave the huge bastards around ....... I hate rats used to be phobic but went to India in 1979 and they were everywhere so no problem these days. Everywhere in Thailand too ...

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Blimey ....my wife's younger brother well he's 20 something now) used to go out and catch rats that size at night in the fields and sell them. He then used the money to buy chickens for fighting .....!!

He used to wave the huge bastards around ....... I hate rats used to be phobic but went to India in 1979 and they were everywhere so no problem these days. Everywhere in Thailand too ...

Working late nights for many years I've seen a lot of rats. And of course in Bangkok they are everywhere.

The biggest rat I have ever seen was on Suk Rd. in BKK, at Soi 7. Must have been around 11 pm, people all around. The fucking thing walked into the intersection like he owned the place. I couldn't believe it. Made the rats in that video look like munchkins.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've had em in the roof space, hell of a job getting rid of em 🙁

I had one in my last house before I sold it in 2011. Dug through along the water lines which came in from the well. Tried everything, couldn't catch the s.o.b. I didn't want to use to poison food, but nothing else worked and I was afraid when it died it would be behind a wall somewhere and stink up the fucking house. 

 

Well.... it took the bait and I never saw the fucker again, and never smelled it. Happy ending I guess. :default_fun:

 

Only thing I hate more than rats are roaches and flies. :default_fing23:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It surprised me that dogs can be good rat hunters. I think it's due to their good hearing they can hear a rat before they see it. I've seen first hand with our two dogs how effective they are at chasing down and killing any of the vermin that dare come into our yard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I had one in my last house before I sold it in 2011. Dug through along the water lines which came in from the well. Tried everything, couldn't catch the s.o.b. I didn't want to use to poison food, but nothing else worked and I was afraid when it died it would be behind a wall somewhere and stink up the fucking house. 

 

Well.... it took the bait and I never saw the fucker again, and never smelled it. Happy ending I guess. :default_fun:

 

Only thing I hate more than rats are roaches and flies. :default_fing23:

Took us days of putting down these "sticky pads" with food on them, eventually we got him 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've had em in the roof space, hell of a job getting rid of em 🙁

We lost the internet to the Hotel for about a week until it was found that a rat had chewed through the cable in the roof leading from the office. They started putting these "sticky" discs above the false ceiling which I could not look at when they were retrieved for disposal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate rats, over the years I have disposed of many whilst fishing. The fuckers will chew through almost anything to get to food.

My brother recently had a rat, posibly 2 in his garage and dog run, his dogs are Dogues, so too big to make good rat catchers. I put down rat traps all over, including a humane one to keep his wife happy! One trap got triggered, but no rat. We found the bait that was on it in the other section, so the fucker had tripped the trap and ran off with the food. Ummm!

This at least allowed me to identify where the rat was getting from the garage to the dog run. They had knawed a hole through the concrete. So I bought a set of the professional sticky pads, these were placed in a way that ensured the rat had to go on one if it travelled through from one side to another. On the next inspection one of the sticky pad had gone and not to be seen again! I replaced the pad with another and a few days later eventially got it.

These fuckers were not easy to catch and fortunately had not done any costly dammage.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thankfully we don't have rats where I live as they can't survive the winters; I've read that in the old days they'd occasionally sneak aboard the trains from the coast and then even get onto the riverboats to go further up country but once freeze-up occurred they didn't last long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Thankfully we don't have rats where I live as they can't survive the winters; I've read that in the old days they'd occasionally sneak aboard the trains from the coast and then even get onto the riverboats to go further up country but once freeze-up occurred they didn't last long. 

 

One of the benefits of living "up North".     :default_good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was working in my garden a good few years ago now when I lifted up a long piece of tree bark I had been using as a garden border. Out ran six or seven rats which ran in all directions. Out of the blue, my dog, a red healer or Smithfield to some, got the lot of them. Never seen him show any interest before but he amazed me with his speed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One night, walking back to my room in Soi Lengkee, I saw a couch that had been left on the side of the road. I stupidly thought it would be funny to get a picture sitting on it.  Before I could sit down: luckily, a huge rat crawled out of the cushions and skittered off.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...